Walker boot is a lower extremity boot that provides support, protection and immobilization of the ankle after injury or surgery. They are commonly used for stress fractures, shin splints, broken foot or ankle bones, and severe ankle sprains and achilles tendonitis. They aid in the rehabilitation process by stabilizing and protecting the area while it heals.
Walking boots are lighter and more comfortable to wear and walk, as you do not need to twist your leg to walk. This way healing is much better without straining other muscles.
Product description from the Manufacturer:
Tynor Walker Boot is designed for rehabilitation after injury, fracture , sprains or surgery of foot, ankle or lower leg. The boots provide support to the ankle and leg without inhibiting mobility. They can be a substitute for cast or can be used in case of early cast removal. With a wider rocker bottom, these boots promote a natural gait, reduced plantar pressure, enhanced stability and comfort to the lower leg.
- Light weight.
- Sturdy Support.
- Enhanced mobility.
- Maintains normal gait.
- Wider Rocker Bottom promotes natural gait, reduces planter pressure and enhances stability. Broad, Strong foot casing provides full protection and rigid immobilization to ankle & foot. It stabilizes the foot, ankle and the lower leg.
- Strong & Rigid upright bars improve immobilization of the lower leg & the ankle.
- Highly functional molded design is light in weight for better compliance. It ensures early ambulation of the patient with ankle fractures/injuries.
- Bilateral symmetry allows it to be used for either foot.
- Foam liner and Pad set provides good cushioning, reduces pressure of gripping straps & better grip.
- It is substitute for cast or can be used for early cast removal. Easy removal and application of the product allows good hygiene and maintenance of the area.
- Strapping loops with reverse buckle mechanism allow controlled tightening, enhanced immobilization, and grip is easy to wear.
Sizes Available: CH, S, M, L, XL
Source – tynor