Foot drop is the condition in which the patient has difficulty lifting the front part of the foot. The condition can be in one or both feet. Foot drop is the symptoms of underlying diseases such as brain or spinal cord injury or any disease affecting the nerves or muscles of the foot. Walking with foot drop increases the risk of fall resulting in injury. Foot drop also causes numbness in foot or toes. Foot Drop Splint is the device that is used to modify the functional characteristics of the ankle. Foot drop splint is used to hold the foot in a normal position. It helps in keeping the ankle at 90 degrees and does not allow the foot to drop on the ground. Foot drop splint assists in walking of the patients suffering from fractures, sprains, and strains. Foot drop splint can also be used in patients who have undergone Tendon Achilles lengthening surgery.
How does Foot Drop Splint with Liner help?
Foot drop splint allows easier walking of the patient by minimizing the risk of trip or fall due to foot drop. There is a plantar layer on which the foot is placed. Two hooks are available, one at the calf and the other at the ankle. When these hooks are closed, the stability of the ankle at 90-degree is ensured. Foot drop splint can be worn with any type of shoe. A study shows that Foot drop splint can help reduce foot drops and reduce proximal compensatory movements.
Foot Drop Splint is designed with a dorsal shell made of polypropylene with a leaf spring action to arrest the plantar flexion movement and lift the foot. It supports and stabilizes the ankle and foot in all foot drop conditions. Designed to aid in swing phase toe clearance and to reduce plantar flexion impact in the early stance.
- Effective foot lift and leaf spring action
- Can be worn with any shoe
- Thin-walled and lightweight
- Made of Polypropylene for better life and durability. It has good resilience and a strong leaf-spring action, which provides push required in the swing phase of the walk. Can be customized using a hot air gun. Thin construction allows its use inside the shoe.
- Anatomical shape provides good weight distribution and maintains the foot in the functional, dorsiflexion position.
- Top Padding is made out of durable closed-cell PE foam, which is hypoallergenic, latex-free non-toxic and odorless. 3D air-filled cushion pad provides the required comfort and air ventilation.
- Sizes Available: CH, S, M, L
- Source – Tynor
Trusted by Millions for Health-Related Needs
HealthClues mission is to help people meet their health-related needs for products, services, and information. Each year, we get more than a million visitors that we try to help in different ways. Our shopping portal services are designed to keep in mind the health needs of the buyer. Our super helpful customer support team checks each order before packing and try to deliver authentic products with the quickest options possible. We are highly supportive of your need for a free and hassle-free replacement or return of a product due to genuine reasons and we look forward to serving you!
|9640 378 378|