ANTERIOR SPINAL HYPEREXTENSION brace or ASH Brace is an effective orthotic device for correcting spinal deformities and helps your back recover after spine surgery.
It is most commonly recommended for the following:
- Adolescent Kyphosis
- Compression Fractures
- T.B Spine
ASH Brace is also used in cases of back pain which occur where the thoracic spine is mainly involved along with lumbar spine by limiting the movement in these two. The pressure of the ASH brace keeps the spine in an extended position and prevents forward movement.
Ash Brace is designed to immobilize the vertebral column and maintain it in neutral or slightly hyperextension position. It provides stabilization of the spine encourages cervical and lumbar lordosis thus relieving pressure on the anterior parts of the vertebral bodies. Designed to act on three-point pressure principle by exerting pressure against sternum and pubis on ventral and the lumbar region on the dorsal.
- Easy to apply
- Appealing aesthetics
- Anatomical sternal and pubic pads
- Special Aluminum alloy anodized body is corrosion resistant, with high durability, dependable sturdiness, and appealing aesthetics
- Ethafoam covered pads provide excellent impact absorption, enhanced comfort, reduced pressure on pubis and chest.
- Anatomical and rigid back pad provides perfect support to the back, relieves the load on the anterior vertibra.
- Both vertical bar and horizontal are malleable, can be shaped and customized as per the patient’s anatomy. It has an easy slide and screw adjustment mechanism for easy fitting and adjustment. Perfect customization offers close contoured, fitting, rigid immobilization and enhanced comfort.
Sizes Available: S, L
Source – Tynor