Zincovit is a multi-vitamin supplement formulation with some essential minerals and vitamins including Zinc, generally used to treat conditions such as immune deficiency disorders among other ailments.
Zincovit composition and mechanism of action
Zincovit contains Carbohydrate, Biotin, Chromium, Copper, Folic Acid, Iodine, Magnesium, Manganese, Selenium, Molybdenum, Niacinamide, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E and Zinc as active ingredients. This medicine is manufactured and marketed by apex laboratories.
Zincovit improves the patient’s health by performing the following activities:
- Treating vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Treating or preventing biotin deficiency.
- Helps to break down the proteins in the digestive process.
- Acting on Megaloblastic bone marrow to produce a Normoblastic marrow.
- Increasing absorption of calcium and phosphorus required for strong bones.
- Metabolizing carbohydrate thus maintains normal growth.
- Helps to manage Vitamin B2 Deficit.
- Help reduce thyroid hormone.
- Helps kill the harmful bacteria, fungi, and micro-organisms in the body.
- It relaxes the muscles and nerves during stress.
- Cell damage process is managed to slow down.
- It facilitates the synthesis of proteins and DNA in the cartilage.
- It facilitates the retina formation which essential for low light and color vision.
- Helps to form new blood cells.
- Helps to heal the wounds by blocking the free radicals that cause cell damage.
Enhancing the action of insulin.
If you are interested in looking at other multi-vitamin supplements, please visit the list of multivitamin products on Amazon.
Protective Sports Gear – Attractive Deals!
Zincovit – Composition and Active Ingredients
Zincovit is composed of the following active ingredients:
- Vitamin A – 5000 IU
- Vitamin B12 – 7.5 MCG
- Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid) – 1 MG
- Vitamin D3 – 400 IU
- Vitamin B1 – 10 MG
- Vitamin B2 – 10 MG
- Vitamin B6 – 2 MG
- Iodine – 150 MCG
- Niacinamide – 50 MG
- Magnesium – 18 MG
- Vitamin C – 75 MG
- Vitamin E – 15 MG
- Selenium – 50 MCG
- Manganese – 0.9 MG
- Zinc – 22 MG
- Molybdenum – 25 MCG
- Carbohydrate – 0.2 GM
- Copper – 0.5 MG
- Chromium – Chromic – 25 MCG
- Biotin – 150 MCG
- Vitamin B5 – 10 MG
Zincovit Tablet Uses
Zincovit is used as a nutritional supplement in cases of deficiency of various vitamins and minerals and in cases where there is an increased requirement of above-mentioned vitamins and minerals. It can also be used in the treatment of conditions and symptoms such as:
- Hair loss
- Skin diseases
- Pernicious anemia (anemia caused by decreased absorption of Vitamin B12)
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Thiamine (Vitamin B1) deficiency
- Neurological disorders
- Heart problem
- High cholesterol
- Reproductive function
- High blood pressure
- Pregnancy complications
- Vit B12deficiency
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Migraine headache
- Mental problems
- Normal functioning of nerves
- Normal functioning of muscles
- Normal functioning of bones
- Normal functioning of heart
- Vitamin A deficiency
- Eye problems
- Fungal skin infection
- Leg ulcers
- Magnesium deficiency in blood
- Normal functioning of cells
- Scurvy (Vitamin C deficiency)
- Cell damage
- Wound healing
- Tissue repair
- Red blood cell production
- Rapid reversion to normal heart rate
- Carbohydrate metabolism
- Skeletal development
- Cartilage development
- Wilson’s disease (inherited disease causing copper accumulation in organs)
- Age-related vision loss
- Type 2 diabetes
- Lipid metabolism
- Weight loss
- Heart attack
- Chest pain
- Leg pain due to blocked arteries
- Selenium deficiency
- Esophageal cancer
- Liver disease
- Yeast infections
- Chemical sensitivity
- Weak nails
- Skin reactions
- Allergic reactions
- Severe diarrhea
- Biotin deficiency
- To treat Megaloblastic anemia caused by the folic acid deficiency
- For treating anemia that is generally caused by either lack of nutrition or during pregnancy.
Zincovit Side Effects
Zincovit is a multi-vitamin and relatively safe drug. However, some side effects might be seen if consumed in higher doses. Consult your doctor if you suffer any such side effects.
- Diarrhea ( due to Ascorbic Acid or Cyanocobalamin)
- Upset stomach ( due to Calcium Panthothenate or Pyridoxine Hydrochloride or Vitamin D3)
- Constipation ( due to Calcium Panthothenate)
- Kidney stones (rarely, due to Ascorbic Acid)
- Headache (due to Cyanocobalamin or Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)
- Nausea (due to Cyanocobalamin or Pyridoxine Hydrochloride or Vitamin D3 )
- Vomiting (due to Cyanocobalamin or Pyridoxine Hydrochloride or Vitamin D3)
- Loss of appetite (due to Cyanocobalamin or Vitamin D3)
- Skin rash (due to Cyanocobalamin)
- Stomach ache (due to Pyridoxine Hydrochloride or Selenium Dioxide)
- Hot flushes (due to Cyanocobalamin)
- Difficult urination ( due to Vitamin D3)
- Dry mouth ( due to Vitamin D3)
- Muscle pain ( due to Vitamin D3)
- Metallic taste ( due to Vitamin D3)
- Itching (due to Folic acid)
- Bad cough (due to Folic acid)
- Wheezing (due to Folic acid)
- Chest tightness (due to Folic acid)
- Fever (due to Folic acid)
- Blue or gray skin color (due to Folic acid)
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat (due to Folic acid)
Consult a doctor immediately or seek emergency medical help or if you observe any chronic or persistent side effects.
Contraindications of Zincovit
Hypersensitivity to Zincovit is a contraindication. In addition, Zincovit Tablet should not be used if you suffering from flowing ailments:
- Acute dermatitis
- Acute eczema
- Allergic reactions
- Patients with bleeding disordersAllergic to selenium
Zincovit is available as film coated tablet which should be swallowed as a whole without crushing or breaking it. It can be administered with or without food.
The dosage and duration of use of Zincovit should be based on severity of disease and as per doctor’s recommendation.
Common adult dosage is 1 tablet per day. While using it in children, consult a pediatrician first.
Zincovit tablet should always be taken as a fixed time daily and should not be consumed in more than the recommended dose or for longer duration without doctor’s consent.
Protective Sports Gear – Attractive Deals!
Available forms of Zincovit
Zincovit available in 4 variants:
- Zincovit Tablet
- Zincovit Syrup
- Zincovit Drop
- Zincovit CL Syrup
Precautions while taking Zincovit
- Refrain from consuming alcohol for at least 3 days after the last dosage of this medicine
- Take full course of treatment
- Do not take Zincovit if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine or any of their excipients
- Do not take Zincovit after the expiry date stated on the carton package
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any other medicine which may cause drug interaction.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are suffering from any disease
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
This drug is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary and the potential benefits outweigh the risks involved. Consult your physician before using Zincovit.
Zincovit should be used with caution in lactating mothers. Use this medicine only if your gynecologist recommends you.
Zincovit – Drug Interactions
There is a chance of getting some rare side effects if this medicine is used along with some other OTC products, moreover, its effect may change. Inform your doctor about all the medicine, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that your physician can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Zincovit may interact with the following medicines and products:
- Anti-diabetic drugs
- Arsenic trioxide
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Dr. Srishti Tayal is Chief Radiologist at Radiodent – Dental and Maxillofacial Imaging. She has completed BDS and MDS with Gold Medal from JSS Medical College, Mysore. She is a passionate medical researcher and has published five research papers in various medical journals and received an award for the best scientific paper.
In addition to following her pursuits in dentistry, she is also an avid medical writer who believes in bridging the information gap among the common population with regards to modern medicine.
Leave a Review
How did you find the information presented in this article? Would you like us to add any other information? Help us improve by providing your rating and review comments. Thank you in advance!