WATSON 3203 is prescription medicine beneficial in treating conditions like moderate to severe Pains, Back Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Cough. This drug belongs to the Narcotic Analgesic Combinations class of drugs. This medicine is supplied by Watson Pharmaceuticals. This tablet has an imprint of its name on it as WATSON 3203. FDA has categorized this drug under Pregnancy Category C drug. Under the CSA (Controlled Substance Act), this drug is classified as a Schedule 2 controlled substance. Get to know how WATSON 3203 works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where WATSON 3203 is not suggested.
The key ingredients of this drug are like mentioned below:
- Acetaminophen – (325 MG)
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate- (7.5 MG)
Acetaminophen or Paracetamol is a widely used analgesic (pain reliever) and antipyretic (fever reducer) drug that is used for the relief of backaches, osteoarthritis, headaches, menstrual periods, toothaches, or cold/flu aches and pains. In general, the Acetaminophen is a low potential pain reliever.
Hydrocodone is a medicine that belongs to a group of drugs known as narcotic or opioid pain relievers. Hydrocodone is recommended to use in smaller doses only. Even at lower doses, this drug may be of habit-forming in nature. So it is strongly recommended to use this medicine only with a prescription and regular medical supervision to monitor any habitual changes. The effects of Hydrocodone are increased when it is combined with Acetaminophen. It acts on CNS (Central Nervous System) to relieve pain and is also uses to cure cough.
Protective Sports Gear – Attractive Deals!
Some key point about WATSON 3203
- It has an imprint on it as WATSON 3203
- It is available as a Prescription medicine only
- It belongs to the Class of Drugs called Narcotic analgesic combinations
- It is categorized by FDA as Pregnancy Category-C which says the risks involved with the usage in pregnancy may show adverse effects on the fetus and that can’t be ruled out.
- Under the CSA (Controlled Substance Act), this drug is classified as a Schedule 2 controlled substance, as it is a high potential drug for abuse.
WATSON 3203 Uses
This is a prescription drug recommended to use for managing or reliving below mentioned medical conditions:
- Back Pain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
WATSON 3203 Side Effects
When some drug is used for treating certain kind of health problems, along with its intended benefits there might be some possible side effects too. These side effects may not show up in everyone. But if you suffer any and if they don’t hinder soon, contact your doctor for immediate medical attention.
Below mentioned are some possible side effects of the use of WATSON 3203 are, There may be other side effects too that are not mentioned here. Consult your doctor for proper guidance before using this drug to avoid adverse side effects.
Most common side effects
- Light-headed feeling
Symptoms or Side effects of overdose
- Increased Sweating
- Shallow breathing
- Pain during urination
- Irregular Heartbeat
- Severe Drowsiness
- Loss of Consciousness
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Color Change of Urine/Stools
- Mood Swings
- Hearing Loss
- Severe Discomfort Feeling
WATSON 3203 Dosage
Dosage depends on various factors like patient condition, age, body weight etc. Talk to your doctor about proper assessment and guidance on dosage instructions. This medicine is habit forming in nature if used in higher doses for longer periods. Don’t make any sudden changes in dosage. Follow the instructions provided by your doctor carefully.
When this drug is used in higher doses or for longer periods, this may cause addiction, mental or physical dependency. But generally, if any narcotic type of medicine is used to cure the long-lasting pain, there may not be a chance of addiction.
But in some patients, there is a possibility of getting some side effects if the usage is suddenly stopped. These side effects caused by the sudden stoppage of using a drug are called as withdrawal symptoms. To avoid that your doctor may recommend a gradual reduction in the dosage of this drug.
WATSON 3203 Contraindications
Few drugs may not be suitable for everyone and need to be avoided. Similarly, WATSON 3203 also may show adverse effects if used in some health conditions. Let your Doctor Know if suffer from any conditions or symptoms mentioned below to be on safer side.
WATSON 3203 is contraindicated in following conditions:
- Liver Disease
- Impaired Gastro-Intestinal Motility
- Kidney Failure
- Biliary Spasm
- Hypothyroidism – In this condition, the thyroid gland produces insufficient thyroid hormone
- Seizure – A disorder in which nerve cell activity in the brain is disturbed causing seizures.
- Urinary Retention – Inability to empty the bladder completely.
- Arrhythmias – The improper beating of the heart, whether irregular, too fast or too slow.
Protective Sports Gear – Attractive Deals!
WATSON 3203 Drug Interactions
When we use any two different drugs together there is a chance they interact together resulting in adverse effects.
If you use other over the counter products or other drugs at the same time, the effects of the WATSON 3203 may change. In such case, the risk of getting side effects might be higher or the effectiveness of the drug may impact. Inform your doctor about all the medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that your physician can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. WATSON 3203 may interact with the following medicines and products. This is not a comprehensive list and this drug may interact with some other medicine not mentioned here as well.
- Advair Diskus (fluticasone/salmeterol)
- Ambien (zolpidem)
- Aspirin Low Strength (aspirin)
- Celebrex (celecoxib)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine)
- Fish Oil (omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin)
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- Metoprolol Succinate ER (metoprolol)
- MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350)
- Nexium (esomeprazole)
- Plavix (clopidogrel)
- Synthroid (levothyroxine)
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
Precautions before using WATSON 3203
Some medications are not suitable for people suffering certain ailments, and sometimes a medicine may only be used with extra care. For these reasons, before you start using this drug. It is important that you share your health condition and about any medication if you are using for any other problems with your doctor for proper guidance. Below mentioned are few examples of such:
- Stomach ulcer
- Inflammatory bowel disorder such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease
- Asthma or any other allergic disorder
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. This drug is categorized under Pregnancy Category-C drug.
- If you have high blood pressure
- If you have a heart condition or a problem with your circulation or blood vessels
- If you have any blood clotting problems
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to any medicines like aspirin, naproxen, and ibuprofen, or to any other NSAIDs.
- If you have problems with the way your kidneys work or problems with the way your liver works
What is Pregnancy Category-C Drug?
According to FDA, the drugs grouped under this section are those, which have shown an adverse effect on the fetus in animal studies, but there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in humans. And not recommended in pregnancy unless strongly needed and the benefits outweigh risks involved.
- Using this drug along with alcohol consumption may result in adverse effects. Let your doctor know if you are used to taking more than three alcoholic beverages in a day.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering any kind of liver-related health problems or liver cirrhosis.
- This medicine may be habit-forming in nature; hence it is strongly recommended to use this with proper prescription and regular medical supervision.
- This medicine is not recommended for use during pregnancy. It may affect the fetus. Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or if planning to be.
- It is not recommended to use in feeding mothers.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in younger children below 6 years age.
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Leave a Review
How did you find the information presented in this article? Would you like us to add any other information? Help us improve by providing your rating and review comments. Thank you in advance!