Vibact DS Capsule is a branded probiotic capsule prescribed to treat of acute diarrhea, bowel irregularities, indigestion, antibiotic-associated diarrhea, inflammatory bowel diseases. Get to know how Vibact DS Capsule works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Vibact DS Capsule is not suggested.
Composition of Vibact DS Capsule
Vibact DS Capsule manufactured by USV Limited or U.S.VITAMINS limited. It is available in pharmacies as 10 tablets per strip.
Vibact DS Capsule contains following cells as active ingredients:
- Lactobacillus (100 million cells)
- Streptococcus faecalis (T-110 JPC 60 million cells)
- Clostridium butyricum (TO-A 4 million cells)
- Bacillus mesentricus (TO-A JPC 2 million cells)
Mechanism of Action of Vibact DS Capsule
Probiotics restore healthy and useful gut bacteria. Thus, it lessens the symptoms of diarrhea, abdominal pain and bloating.
Vibact DS Capsule improves patient condition by killing and suppressing the actions of harmful bacteria in the body, it also minimizes the death of good bacteria and reduces the excessive secretion of water and electrolytes in gut, and lowers the pH and produces lactic acid in the intestines, thus helps in absorption of micronutrients and regulation of Gastrointestinal tract.
Uses and Benefits of Vibact DS Capsule
Vibact DS Capsule can be administered in prevention, control, and treatment of following symptoms and conditions:
- Diarrhea and traveler’s diarrhea.
- Diarrhea due to hospitalization or with other medicines
- Vaginal infections
- Antibiotic treatments
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Improving digestions
- GI discomfort
- Skin diseases
- Milk and allergic to milk products
- Lung infections
- Intolerance of sugar
- To improve immune system
- Ulcers in GI tract
- Inflammatory bowel disease
Side Effects of Vibact DS Capsule
This probiotic medicine is very effective and rarely has any side effects. Even if side-effects persists; will be very acute and mostly related to digestive system. The possible side effects are as following:
- Bloating and abdominal discomfort
- Gastro-intestinal infection
- Difficulty in breathing
- Isolated cases of fungemia in patients with central venus catheter
- If you notice other than above symptoms please consult your doctor
Vibact DS Capsule – Dosage
Vibact DS Capsule being an over the counter products, about dosage please consult a doctor. The dosage depends on the condition for which it has to be given. Follow the duration as suggested by the doctor. Usually, Children of 3 years and above and adults can take 2 capsules for 2 to 4 times per day.
Precautions and How to use
- Inform your doctor, before you take Vibact DS Capsule, about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, present and past health status, pregnancy, upcoming surgeries.
- Some of the health conditions can make susceptible to the side-effects of the drug.
- Take as exactly prescribed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert.
- Dosage always depends upon your condition.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date stated on the strip.
- Medicine should be stored away from the reach of children.
- Do not take this medicine in a large dose, take as prescribed by physician.
- Inform doctor while taking the drug if your condition persists or worsens.
Before prescribing important counseling points are as follows:
- Children below 3 years of age
- Is suffering from high fever
- If has hypersensitivity
- If has severe intestinal infections
- Patients who have short bowel syndrome, AIDS, poor immunity, or on medications to prevent rejection of an organ transplant
- Pregnancy or breast-feeding or planning for it
- Take this drug 2 hours before or after taking antibiotics
- Please do not take or advice this medicine for a person who has similar symptoms, consult your doctor before using this medicine
The other drugs or over the counter products if you consume at the same time, the effects of Vibact DS Capsule may change. This might cause your drug not to work properly or increase chances of side-effects. If you inform the doctor about all your health history, then it is easy for the doctor to manage or prevent drug interactions. The drugs which interact with Vibact DS Capsule include:
- Antibiotic drugs
Apart from the uses of Vibact DS Capsule, there could be certain side effects associated with the drug. Vibact DS Capsule should not be used in a patient who has the following conditions:
- High fever
- Severe intestinal infection
- Allergic reactions
- Patients with central venous catheter
- Short bowel syndrome
- Weak immune system
- Immune-compromised patients
Alternatives to Vibact DS Capsule
Below is the list of drugs, which have the same composition, strength, and form as Vibact DS Capsule, and hence can be used as its Alternatives:
- Floristore Tab
- Sporlac Plus Capsule
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Leave a Review
How did you find the information presented in this article? Would you like us to add any other information? Help us improve by providing your rating and review comments. Thank you in advance!