Veloz D Capsule is a proton-pump inhibitor drug used for conditions like Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), acidity, heartburn, gastric ulcer. Get to know how Veloz D works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Veloz D is not suggested.
Veloz D Capsule Composition and Active Ingredients
It is a branded medicine manufactured and marketed by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Veloz D Capsule is composed of the following active ingredients:
- Domperidone – 30 MG
- Rabeprazole – 20 MG
How does Veloz D Capsule work?
Veloz D Capsule works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach and intestines which helps in relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
It acts by blocking the dopamine receptors in the brain and inhibiting proton pumps in the wall of the stomach.
Veloz D Capsule Uses and Benefits
Veloz D Capsule is beneficial to treat a variety of acid issues as discussed below:
Veloz D Capsule is effective in treating gastric ulcers which are characterized by a sore in the stomach lining or duodenum.
Veloz D Capsule is very beneficial for severe kind of ulcers
Veloz D Capsule is effective in treating peptic ulcers which develops on the lining of the stomach, esophagus, and small intestine.
Some other uses of this medicine are:
- Gastric acidity
- Gastro-Intestinal Reflux (GERD)
Side Effects of Veloz D Capsule
When some drug is used to cure some kind of health problems, along with its intended benefits there is a chance of getting few unwanted side effects too. Below mentioned are some possible side effects of this medicine. If you suffer them and they don’t reduce in a short period, then it is strongly recommended to consult your Doctor for proper medical attention. You Doctor would make changes in your medication, and dosage accordingly.
- Dry mouth
- Muscle pains
- Blurred vision
- Tenderness of Breast
- Gastric problem
- Irregular Menstruation
- Abdominal pain
Contraindications for Veloz D Capsule
Do not take Veloz D Capsule if you are suffering from the following condition:
Veloz D Capsule is not prescribed for use in patients who have a known history of following conditions
- It is not recommended if the patient is allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine
- Type A or Type B Gastritis
- If the patient is suffering any kind of renal or kidney related issues
- If the magnesium levels are low in patient’s blood
- Inadequate vitamin B12
- Feeding Mothers
- Heart Patients
- Pregnant Women
- Hypersensitivity to Domperidone
- Liver Failure Patients
Precautions before taking Veloz D Capsule
- Take Veloz D Capsule only if prescribed by the physician
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Veloz D Capsule; it can increase the risk of stomach damage.
- It is recommended not to consume any alcohol at least for 3 days from the day of your last dose of this medicine
- Take full course of treatment
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease
- Do not take Veloz D Capsule if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine or any of their excipients
- Do not take this Veloz D Capsule after the expiry date stated on the carton package
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
Taking more than prescribed Veloz D Capsule may cause harmful side effects. Consult your physician or pharmacist if you find any side effects.
If missed certain regular dose, take as earliest possible, and if it is nearing next dosage, then skip the missed dose and carry on with next regular dose. Never use extra doses.
It is not recommended in pregnancy, but if have to use it then it is strongly recommended to use with proper advice from your Doctor to avoid any side effects.
Veloz D Capsule is not known to cause any harm to the fetus, but should only be used after consultation with your physician.
Veloz D Capsule is not recommended during breastfeeding. Before taking Veloz D Capsule consult your physician.
Veloz D Capsule Drug Interactions
If you are using any other medicine or over the counter products at the time of using this medicine, effectiveness of this drug might change and the risk of suffering from side effects may be higher.
If you are using any kind of medicine, or any supplements like herbal, or vitamin supplements for any kind of health problems, let your Doctor know about your course of medicines or any health products you are using to avoid any unwanted side effects. You doctor would adjust the dosage accordingly.
Veloz D Capsule may interact with the following medicines and products:
Substitutes for Veloz D Capsule
Here is the List of substitute’s medicines which have the same composition, strength, and form as Veloz D Capsule:
- Ecorab D Capsule SR – Indiabulls Pharmaceutical Ltd
- Cyra-D Capsule SR – Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd
- Rabopep-DSR Capsule – Seagull Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd
- Rabitop D Capsule SR – Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Leave a Review
How did you find the information presented in this article? Would you like us to add any other information? Help us improve by providing your rating and review comments. Thank you in advance!