Veloz D Capsule is a proton-pump inhibitor drug used for conditions like Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), acidity, heartburn, gastric ulcer. Read on to know about working, side effects, precautions and contraindications of Veloz D tablet
Veloz D Capsule Composition and Active Ingredients
It is a branded medicine manufactured and marketed by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Veloz D Capsule is composed of the following active ingredients:
- Domperidone – 30 MG
- Rabeprazole – 20 MG
Felix D is available on prescription and should be taken after being prescribed by the doctor.
How does Veloz D Capsule work?
Veloz D Capsule works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach and intestines which helps in believing acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
Rabeprazole in Veloz D reduces the amount of acid present in the stomach by inhibiting acid secretion and Domperidone in Veloz D blocks the upward movement of acid from the stomach by blocking dopamine receptors.
Veloz D Capsule Uses and Benefits
Veloz D Capsule is beneficial to treat a variety of acid issues as discussed below:
Veloz D Capsule is effective in treating gastric ulcers which are characterized by a sore in the stomach lining or duodenum.
Veloz D Capsule is effective in treating peptic ulcers which develops on the lining of the stomach, esophagus, and small intestine.
Some other uses of this medicine are:
- Gastric acidity
- Gastro-Intestinal Reflux (GERD)
Side Effects of Veloz D Capsule
- Veloz D may have following side effects: Irritability
- Dry mouth
- Muscle pain
- Blurred vision
- Tenderness of Breast
- Gastric problem
- Irregular Menstruation
- Abdominal pain
Contraindications for Veloz D Capsule
Do not take Veloz D Capsule if you are suffering from the following condition:
- It is not recommended if the patient is allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine
- Type A or Type B Gastritis
- If the patient is suffering any kind of renal or kidney related issues
- If the magnesium levels are low in patient’s blood
- Inadequate vitamin B12
- Feeding Mothers
- Heart Patients
- Pregnant Women
- Liver Failure Patients
Precautions before taking Veloz D Capsule
- Take Veloz D Capsule only if prescribed by the physician
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Veloz D Capsule; it can increase the risk of stomach damage.
- Take full course of treatment
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease
- Do not take Veloz D Capsule if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine or any of their excipients
- Do not take this Veloz D Capsule after the expiry date stated on the carton package
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
Taking more than prescribed Veloz D Capsule may cause harmful side effects. Consult your physician or pharmacist if you find any side effects.
If missed certain regular dose, take as earliest possible, and if it is nearing next dosage, then skip the missed dose and carry on with next regular dose. Never take extra dose to make up for missed dose.
It is not recommended in pregnancy, but if have to use it then it is strongly recommended to use with proper advice from your doctor to avoid any side effects.
Veloz D Capsule is not known to cause any harm to the fetus but should only be used after consultation with your physician.
Veloz D should be taken in breastfeeding after consultation with your doctor. Veloz D Capsule Drug Interactions
Veloz D Capsule may interact with the following medicines and products:
Substitutes for Veloz D Capsule
Here is the List of substitute’s medicines which have the same composition, strength, and form as Veloz D Capsule:
- Ecorab D Capsule SR – Indiabulls Pharmaceutical Ltd
- Cyra-D Capsule SR – Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd
- Rabopep-DSR Capsule – Seagull Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd
- Rabitop D Capsule SR – Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Mr. Rohit Jain is a Pharmaceutical techno-marketing trainer with more than 10 years of industrial experience. In his previous assignment, he was Senior Product Manager, heading the Product Management Team at an organization of repute. Mr. Jain is B. Pharma, MBA, PGDBM, LL.B. and is a Registered Patent Agent. He also has a Professional Diploma in Clinical Research and is also a certified Pharmacovigilance Professional. He was involved in delivering medico-marketing training to on-the-field marketing professionals as well as in-house business development professionals. Mr. Rohit Jain is a prolific medical content writer and had written more than 500 medical articles spreading over varied therapeutic areas. Mr. Jain has a keen interest in learning about the latest happenings of the pharmaceutical and medical industry.
Leave a Review
How did you find the information presented in this article? Would you like us to add any other information? Help us improve by providing your rating and review comments. Thank you in advance!