Table of content
- Overview about Topp 40 tablet
- What is Topp 40 tablet?
- Topp 40 tablet Composition and Active Ingredients
- Topp 40 tablet Uses and Benefits
- How Does Topp 40 tablet Work?
- How to use Topp 40 tablet?
- Side Effects of Topp 40 tablet
- Topp 40 tablet Dosage and Precautions
- Topp 40 tablet Contraindications
- General warnings about Topp 40 tablet
- Drug interactions of Topp 40 tablet
- Substitutes for Topp 40 tablets
Overview about Topp 40 tablet
Topp 40 tablet is a proton-pump inhibitor drug generally prescribed for treating acidity, gastric ulcers, and Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
Used to treat conditions like:
- Gastric Ulcer
- Acid reflux
- Helicobacter pylori Infection
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
If you are pregnant, it is advised to use this medicine with the guidance of your doctor to avoid any side effects.
Let’s explore more detailed information about Topp 40 tablet.
What is Topp 40 tablet?
Topp 40 tablet belongs to Proton pump inhibitors class of drugs prescribed to treat conditions like Gastric ulcers, Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other acidity related disorders. Read on to know about working, side effects, precautions, and contraindications of Topp 40 tablet.
Topp 40 tablet Composition and Active Ingredients
Pantoprazole 40mg is an active ingredient in Topp 40 tablet.
Manufactured By – Topp 40 tablet is manufactured by marketed by Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd.
Prescription – Prescription is required, this is a prescription medicine and should be taken on the prescription of Registered Medical Practitioner.
Available in the Forms – This medicine is available in the form of tablets.
Drug Type – Pantoprazole which is a key ingredient in this medicine belongs to the class of medicine called Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI)
Topp 40 tablets are available in below-mentioned variations –
- Topp 40 tablet – (Composition – Pantoprazole (40mg)) and available as 10 tablets per strip.
Topp 40 tablet Uses and Benefits
This medicine is prescribed to treat the below-mentioned conditions. It is strongly advised to take proper advice from your Doctor before using this medicine to avoid any side effects.
- Used in the treatment of Peptic or Stomach ulcers
- Used in treating Acid reflux
- Used to heal the inflammation in the esophagus (this condition is called esophagitis) caused by acid reflux
- For treating Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): GERD is a condition in which food pipe above the stomach called lower esophageal sphincter (LES) gets irritated as the bile or stomach acids travel upwards. The patient feels heartburn due to this.
- Erosive Esophagitis: Condition in which severe ulcers happen due to chronic acidity
- Helicobacter pylori Infection: In patients with this condition Topp 40 tablet is prescribed in combination with other drugs.
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome: In this condition, an excessive amount of acid is produced in the stomach due to tumors in the small intestine
- Topp 40 tablets are also prescribed as a combination medicine along with the NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) for several types of pain-related symptoms in different health conditions to reduce the acid reflux. Generally, NSAID medicines cause acidity as a common side effect.
How Does Topp 40 tablet Work?
Topp 40 tablet acts by reducing the production of acid in the stomach by inhibiting the action of cells in the lining of the stomach which produces the acid, thus are named as Proton pump inhibitor class of drugs.
How to use Topp 40 tablet?
This medicine works best if used half an hour before breakfast.
Side Effects of Topp 40 tablet
Side Effects of Topp 40 tablet includes:
- Altered sense of taste
- Running nose and cough
- Nausea or vomiting
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Skin Rash
Topp 40 tablet Dosage and Precautions
Before using this medicine, inform your doctor if you are currently using any medications, or any over the counter products or vitamin supplements, herbal supplements, etc. inform the doctor about any allergies, pre-existing diseases, and about your current health conditions like pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.
It is advised to follow the instructions given by the doctor to avoid any kind of side effects. Stick to the dosage as mentioned by your doctor. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens
Topp 40 tablet Contraindications
It is not recommended if the patient is Hypersensitive towards this medicine or any other drug that belongs to the same group of drugs (Proton pump inhibitors class of drugs)
General warnings about Topp 40 tablet
Taking more than the prescribed dose of any drug might result in harmful side effects. Consult your doctor or pharmacist immediately if you suffer any side effects.
If any dose is missed, take sooner possible, and if it is nearing next dose, skip the missed dose and continue the regular one. Never take extra doses to make up for missed dose.
It is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary and the potential benefits outweigh the risks involved.
It is not recommended for use during breastfeeding. But consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Drug interactions of Topp 40 tablet
Topp 40 tablet may show drug interaction if used in combination with other medicine, hence it is not advised to use certain medication while using this one. Below mentioned are some examples of medicines that Topp 40 tablet may show drug interaction with.
Substitutes for Topp 40 tablets
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength, and form as Topp 40 tablets and hence can be used as its substitute:
- PAN 40 Tablet -manufactured by Alkem Laboratories Ltd
- PansecTablet-manufactured by Cipla Ltd
- Pantakind Tablet – manufactured by Mankind Pharma Ltd
- Pantocid Tablet – manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Pantop 40 Tablet – manufactured by Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Pantodac 40 Tablet – manufactured by Zydus Cadila
- Nupenta Tablet – manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Dr. Srishti Tayal is Chief Radiologist at Radiodent – Dental and Maxillofacial Imaging. She has completed BDS and MDS with Gold Medal from JSS Medical College, Mysore. She is a passionate medical researcher and has published five research papers in various medical journals and received an award for the best scientific paper.
In addition to following her pursuits in dentistry, she is also an avid medical writer who believes in bridging the information gap among the common population with regards to modern medicine.