Table of Contents
- What is Testobolin?
- Testobolin composition
- History behind the Testobolin
- How does Testobolin work? (Testobolin Mechanism of Action)
- How to Take Testobolin?
- Common Testobolin Dose
- When to Avoid Testobolin?
- Testobolin Side Effects
- Effects on organs
- Warnings and Precautions
- Reported Allergic Reactions
- Effect of Testobolin on the menstrual cycle
- Drug Interactions To Be Careful About
- Interactions with laboratory procedures
- Shows Effects / Results in (How Long Does the Effect Stay?)
- Is Testobolin Addictive?
- Can I have Testobolin with alcohol?
- Can I have Testobolin When Pregnant?
- Can I have Testobolin when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Testobolin?
- Effect of an overdose of Testobolin
- Effect of using expired Testobolin
- Effect of missing a dose of Testobolin
- Storage requirements
What is Testobolin?
Testobolin is a synthetic Testosterone medication used to treat health issues associated with low levels of a naturally occurring human hormone called testosterone. Let’s explore more details about this medication.
Testobolin is composed of Testosterone Enanthate as an active ingredient. Testosterone Enanthate belongs to the class of drugs called androgen and anabolic steroids (AAS). Testobolin is manufactured by Alpha Pharma.
History behind the Testobolin
Testosterone Enanthate, an active ingredient in Testobolin was initially introduced for medical use in 1954. Testosterone Enanthate is one of the most widely used testosterone drug and is a controlled substance in many countries.
Testobolin is prescribed to treat below mentioned medical conditions –
- Treat low testosterone levels in male patients (as a testosterone replacement therapy in men with hypogonadism)
- Treat delayed puberty in boys
- Hormone therapy in transgender men
- To treat breast cancer that has spread to other parts (metastatic breast cancer) and which can’t be treated by surgery
How does Testobolin work? (Testobolin Mechanism of Action)
Testobolin is an anabolic and androgenic medicine. Anabolic part of the medicine works by helping in building muscles and androgenic part works by mimicking the testosterone role in the body.
How to Take Testobolin?
Testobolin is available in the form solution for injection in ampules. This medicine is in general administered by a medical professional through the intramuscular method.
Common Testobolin Dose
Dose of the Testobolin depends on the medical condition it is treated for and is decided by your doctor.
When to Avoid Testobolin?
Testobolin is advised to avoid in some conditions like –
- Pregnant women
- Breast cancer
- Prostate cancer
- In patients allergic to sesame oil or ingredients of the medicine
Testobolin Side Effects
Some patients may experience some side effects as mentioned below.
- Injection site pain and swelling
- Mood changes, including aggression
- Depression or anxiety
- Increased or decreased libido
- Generalized tingling sensations
- Oily skin and acne
- Thinning hair
- Weight gain
Effects on Organs
Severe adverse and irreversible effects can happen if the medicine is misused. Below mentioned are some possible effects of the medicine.
- Enlarged breasts
- Small testicles
- High blood pressure
- Heart attack
- Liver disease
- Bone growth problems
Warnings and Precautions
It is advised to inform your doctor if you have any preexisting illnesses such as –
- Breast cancer (men)
- Prostate cancer or any issues like enlarged prostate or urination issues
- Cardiac health issues like coronary artery disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol or triglycerides
- Advanced liver issues
- Advanced kidney issues
Reported Allergic Reactions
Serious allergic reactions are very rarely seen with this medicine. Rashes, itching, swelling of facial organs, dizziness and breathing difficulty are very rarely noticed. Contact your doctor immediately if any such symptoms are seen.
Effect of Testobolin on the menstrual cycle
Testobolin usage can cause irregular menstrual cycles or even stop them. Consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
Testobolin has possibility of drug interactions if used along with some medicine such as –
- Anticoagulants or blood thinners can increase the risk of bleeding if used together.
- In case of diabetic patients, dose adjustment of diabetic medicine may be required as the Testobolin decreases blood sugar levels and insulin requirement.
- Usage of corticosteroids together with Testobolin needs close observation as there is a high risk of fluid retention in case of patients suffering heart, kidney and liver disorders and the risk of congestive heart failure is high in such patients.
Interactions with laboratory procedures
Testobolin may show effect on the lipid levels and may change the lab results. Inform your doctor and lab technician about your prescription before undergoing any tests.
Shows Effects / Results in (How Long Does the Effect Stay?)
The effect of a single dose lasts for 15 to 17 days. There will be dropping in the testosterone levels after this period. It takes several weeks to months to show the positive effect in patients.
Is Testobolin Addictive?
Testobolin is as such is not an addictive drug. But it is scheduled under schedule 3 substance due to chances of withdrawal symptoms in patients with drug addiction possibilities and history. Schedule 3 substances are those with moderate to low potentiality of abuse.
Due to the testosterone abuse issue, US FDA changed the product label to Schedule 3 in 2016.
Can I have Testobolin with alcohol?
Moderate consumption of alcohol may not affect the medication. But it is not advised to take larger quantities of alcohol using steroid medication.
Can I have Testobolin When Pregnant?
Not advised to take in case of pregnancy.
Can I have Testobolin when feeding a baby?
Not advised to breast feet in case it is used in case of nursing mothers.
Can I drive after taking Testobolin?
Some patients may feel dizzy in rare cases. In such conditions, it is not advised to drive or do certain actions that require mental and physical alertness.
Effect of an overdose of Testobolin
Overdosage of Testobolin is less likely to happen as this medicine is available in injection form and is administered by trained medical professionals.
Effect of using expired Testobolin
Not advised to use expired steroid injections as it may cause adverse effects. Dispose the expired medicine as per the medical norms.
Effect of missing a dose of Testobolin
Possibility of missing a dose of Testobolin is very rare situation as it is administered in a hospital environment at scheduled periods. Contact your doctor if you forget to attend certain schedule.
This medicine is advised to store at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat. Not to freeze the medicine and store away from reach to kids and pets.
Substitutes for Testobolin
Below mentioned brands of medicine contain Testosterone Enanthate as active ingredient.