Table of content
- What is Tenglyn?
- Tenglyn Composition and Active Ingredients
- Tenglyn Uses and Benefits
- How Does Tenglyn Work?
- Tenglyn Side Effects
- Tenglyn Dosage
- Tenglyn Contraindications
- Appropriate Storage conditions for Tenglyn tablets
- Warning signs to consider before choosing Tenglyn tablets
- Some of the available substitute brand medicine for Tenglyn Tablets
What is Tenglyn?
Tenglyn is an anti-diabetic prescription used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes in adults. Patients are encouraged to take a strict eating regimen and exercise regimen alongside this prescription for the ideal impact. This medicine isn’t prescribed for use in youngsters. Get to know how Tenglyn works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Tenglyn is not suggested.
Tenglyn Composition and Active Ingredients
Teneligliptin is the active ingredient in this medicine.
Manufactured By – Tenglyn tablet is manufactured by Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd.
Prescription – Required
Available in the Form – Tablets
Drug Type – Teneligliptin belongs to the class of anti-diabetic drugs known as Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors or Gliptins
Available variations with the combination of other medicine –
- Tenglyn M 500 Tablet SR – Composition – Metformin (500mg) + Teneligliptin (20mg) – Manufactured by Zydus Cadila
- Tenglyn M 1000 Tablet SR – Composition – Metformin (1000mg) + Teneligliptin (20mg) – Manufactured by Zydus Cadila
Tenglyn Uses and Benefits
Below mentioned are the recommended uses of the medicine Tenglyn.
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
How does the medication works?
Tenglyn works by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas and diminishes the hormones that raise glucose levels. This decreases fasting and post-meal sugar levels. Tenglyn works by restraining the action of a specific catalyst known as DPP-4. It is in charge of corrupting incretions, for example, GLP-1 (Glucagon-Like Peptide 1), which are required by the body to control glucose.
Tenglyn Side Effects
Given below are some conceivable side effects that can happen from ingredients present in Tenglyn:
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Abdominal pain
Take Tenglyn precisely as directed by the specialist. It can be taken with or without food but t a fixed time. Do not take in a larger or smaller dose than prescribed. Consult the specialist if you encounter any unfortunate side effects of Tenglyn. In case of skipped dose, Whenever you remember next, you can take in your missed dose. However, If it is nearly time for the following dose, skip the missed one but never increase or double your next dosage. Seek emergency therapeutic help or contact the specialist in the event of an overdose.
Here is a set of conditions when Tenglyn must not be used or consumed
- If a person is pregnant or is breastfeeding
- If a person is allergic to its ingredients
Also, Tenglyn ought not to be utilized on the off chance that you have the accompanying conditions:
- Liver issue
Appropriate Storage conditions for Tenglyn tablets
This drug has to be kept in cool and dry places. It must be kept at room temperature of 15-30 degree Celsius, far from warm and coordinate light. Try not to flush medicines down the latrine or empty them into waste unless educated to do as such. Pharmaceutical disposed of in this way may sully the earth.
Warning signs to consider before choosing Tenglyn tablets
- Report the occasion of any malady of the heart and veins, mind, thyroid organs, gastrointestinal tract and so forth to the specialist before getting this medicine.
- Some wellbeing conditions may make you more helpless to the reactions of the medication.
- Take Tenglyn approval from your specialist or take the heading imprinted on the item. Measurement depends on your condition.
- Tell your specialist if your condition perseveres or declines.
- Try not to take Tenglyn if you are oversensitive to it.
- Pregnant, intending to end up pregnant or breastfeeding ladies should not have it.
Some of the available substitute brand medicine for Tenglyn Tablets
In the market, it is available by different brand names with Tenglyn chemical structure like:
- Teneza – Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Tenepride – Micro Labs Ltd
- Eternex T – Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Dynaglipt – Mankind Pharma Ltd
- Tiban – Ajanta Pharma Ltd
- Eternex-T Tablet – Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Ecoglip-T Tablet – Ozone Pharmaceuticals Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Dr. Srishti Tayal is Chief Radiologist at Radiodent – Dental and Maxillofacial Imaging. She has completed BDS and MDS with Gold Medal from JSS Medical College, Mysore. She is a passionate medical researcher and has published five research papers in various medical journals and received an award for the best scientific paper.
In addition to following her pursuits in dentistry, she is also an avid medical writer who believes in bridging the information gap among the common population with regards to modern medicine.