What is Tayo 60K?
Tayo 60k is a supplementary medicine which contains cholecalciferol as active ingredient and is prescribed to treat Vitamin D deficiency and calcium deficiency related health issues.
Cholecalciferol is also known as vitamin D3, It is a fat-soluble vitamin, which helps the body to absorb calcium and phosphorous found in food and supplements. Vitamin D is synthesized in our body when the body is exposed to sunlight. The things which prevent from getting enough vitamin D are protective clothing, Sunscreen, Limited exposure to sunlight, Dark skin and age, etc. thus leading to vitamin D3 deficiency. So vitamin D3 in Tayo 60K tablet is essential for calcium absorption in the body.
Get to know how Tayo 60k works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Tayo 60k is not suggested.
Natural sources of Cholecalciferol
Few example foods that are rich in Cholecalciferol are soy milk, tuna, sardines, dairy products, fish, cod liver oil, etc.
Common symptoms related to the deficiency of Cholecalciferol or Vitamin Dare:
- Brittle bones
- Excessive fatigue and weakness
- Frequent bone fractures
- Pain in bones and joints
- Bone cancer
- Osteoporosis, Rickets, etc
- Weak immune system etc
Composition of Tayo 60k Tablet
It is mainly composed of cholecalciferol 60,000 IU (international units) as an active ingredient.
Manufactured by – Eris Life Pvt Ltd.
Prescription – Not required as it available as OTC, but advised to use once consulting with your doctor to avoid any possible side effects
Form – Available in Tablet form
Drug type – Supplementary Medicine
Uses and benefits of Tayo 60K Tablet
It is used for the Treatment, Control, Prevention of following symptoms and conditions:
- Nutritional supplementation
- Vitamin D Resistant Rickets
- Familial hypophosphatemia
- Megaloblastic anemia
- Peripheral neuropathy
How does Tayo 60K tablet Work?
Tayo 60K (IU) Tablet acts by promoting the absorption of calcium, phosphates and vitamin A from different organs and helps in the maintenance of overall health related to Vitamin D.
Side effects of Tayo 60K Tablet
Commonly there is a possibility of side-effects that may occur from the ingredients of Tayo 60K Tablet. These side effects are possible but do not always occur. Some of the side effects are rare but serious. Consult your physician if you notice any of the following side effects.
The following are the side effects of Tayo 60K Tablet:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Decreased appetite
- Chest pain and discomfort
- Skin rash
- Kidney and heart failure
- Mental confusion
- Hypercalcemia (Condition where there is an excess calcium in the blood)
- Hypercalciuria (Condition where there is an excess calcium in the urine)
Contraindications of Tayo 60K Tablet
The contraindications of Tayo 60K Tablet are as follows:
- Leber’s disease
- Hypervitaminosis D
Drug interactions of Tayo 60K Tablet with other medicine
If you consume any other drugs or over the counter products at same time, the effect of Tayo 60K Tablet may change. This may increase chances of side effects or might cause your drug not to work properly. If you inform the doctor about all your health history, then it is easy for the doctor to manage or prevent drug interactions. In general the drugs that are possible to interact with Tayo 60K Tablet includes:
- Alluminium hydroxide/ Magnesium hydroxide
Precautions and how to use Tayo 60K Tablet
- Inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, present and past health status, pregnancy, upcoming surgeries before using Tayo 60K Tablet.
- Some of the health condition can make you susceptible to the side effects of the medicine. So tell your doctor if you are suffering from any other conditions.
- Take this medicine exactly prescribed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert.
- Dosage always depends upon your condition.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date stated on the strip.
- This medicine should be stored away from the reach of children.
- Do not take this medicine in large dose than prescribed by the your doctor.
- Inform your doctor if your condition persists or worsens while under this medication..
Important counseling points are as follows
- Avoid consumption of alcohol.
- Take Tayo 60K Tablet before or immediately after consumption of food.
- Use this medicine only after consulting your doctor if you are Pregnant or breastfeeding or planning for pregnancy.
- Do not take if you are allergic to it.
- Never advice this medicine to some other person who has similar symptoms. Proper medical examination is required before usage of this medicine. The same medicine and dosage may not match every individual.
Dosage of Tayo 60K Tablet
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the previous dose.
- If you notice over dosage symptoms like chest pain, dry mouth, convulsions, shaking, and increased heart rate, consult your doctor immediately.
Substitutes for Tayo 60K Tablet
Following are the list of drugs which have the same strength, composition, and form as Tayo 60K Tablet and hence your doctor may prescribe any of them a substitute to this medicine.
- Calcirol 60000 IU Tablet
- Dsol 60000 IU Tablet
- Gen D3 60000 IU Tablet
- Lupi – D3 60000 IU Tablet
- Vitomin D3 60000 IU Tablet
- Vd fit 60000 IU Tablet
- Trus D 60000 IU Tablet
- Pure D3 60000 IU Tablet
- Depura 60000 IU Tablet
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Dr. Srishti Tayal is Chief Radiologist at Radiodent – Dental and Maxillofacial Imaging. She has completed BDS and MDS with Gold Medal from JSS Medical College, Mysore. She is a passionate medical researcher and has published five research papers in various medical journals and received an award for the best scientific paper.
In addition to following her pursuits in dentistry, she is also an avid medical writer who believes in bridging the information gap among the common population with regards to modern medicine.