Tayo 60k is a supplementary medicine prescribed to treat Vitamin D deficiency and calcium deficiency related health issues. Get to know how Tayo 60k works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Tayo 60k is not suggested.
Tayo 60k contains cholecalciferol 60,000 (IU: international units). Cholecalciferol is also known as vitamin D3, It is a fat soluble vitamin, which helps body to absorb calcium and phosphorous found in food and supplements. Vitamin D is made when the body is exposed to sunlight. The things which prevent from getting enough vitamin D are protective clothing, Sunscreen, Limited exposure to sunlight, Dark skin and age, etc. thus leading to vitamin D3 deficiency. So vitamin D3 in Tayo 60K tablet is essential for calcium absorption in the body. It is manufactured by Eris Life Pvt Ltd.
Natural sources of Cholecalciferol
Few example foods that are rich in Cholecalciferol are soy milk, tuna, sardines, dairy products, fish, cod liver oil, etc.
Common symptoms related to the deficiency of Tayo 60k Tablet are:
- Brittle bones
- Excessive fatigue and weakness
- Frequent bone fractures
- Pain in bones and joints
- Bone cancer
- Osteoporosis, Rickets etc
- Weak immune system etc
Composition of Tayo 60k Tablet
It is mainly composed of cholecalciferol 60,000 IU (international units) as an active ingredient.
Mechanism of action
Tayo 60K (IU) Tablet acts by promoting the absorption of calcium, phosphates and vitamin A from different organs and helps in maintenance of overall health.
Uses and benefits of Tayo 60K Tablet
It is used for the Treatment, Control, Prevention of following symptoms and conditions:
- Nutritional supplementation
- Vitamin D Resistant Rickets
- Familial hypophosphatemia
- Megaloblastic anemia
- Peripheral neuropathy
Side effects of Tayo 60K Tablet
Commonly there is a possibility of side-effects that may occur from the ingredients of Tayo 60K Tablet. These side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side effects are rare but serious. Consult your physician if you notice any of the following side effects.
The following are the side effects of Tayo 60K Tablet:
- Mental confusion
- Nausea and vomiting
- Decreased appetite
- Chest pain and discomfort
- Skin rash
- Kidney and heart failure
Contraindications of Tayo 60K Tablet
In following conditions the Tayo 60K Tablet should not be used are as follows;
- Leber’s disease
- Hypervitaminosis D
Tayo 60K Tablet interaction with other medicine
The other drugs or over the counter products if you consume at same time, the effect of Tayo 60K Tablet may change. This may increase chances of side effects or might cause your drug not to work properly. If you inform the doctor about all your health history, then it is easy for the doctor to manage or prevent drug interactions. The drugs which interact with Tayo 60K Tablet includes;
- Alluminium hydroxide/ Magnesium hydroxide
Precautions and how to use Tayo 60K Tablet
- Inform your doctor, before you take Tayo 60K Tablet, about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, present and past health status, pregnancy, upcoming surgeries.
- Some of the health condition can make susceptible to the side effects of the medicine. So tell your physician if you are suffering from any other conditions.
- Take this medicine exactly prescribed by your physician or follow the direction printed on the product insert.
- Dosage always depends upon your condition.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date stated on the strip.
- Medicine should be stored away from the reach of children.
- Do not take this medicine in large dose, than prescribed by doctor.
- Inform doctor while taking the drug if your condition persists or worsens.
Before prescribing important counseling points are as follows:
- Avoid consumption of alcohol.
- Take Tayo 60K Tablet before or immediately after consumption of food.
- Pregnancy or breast feeding or planning for it.
- Do not take if you are allergic to it.
- And please do not take or advice this medicine that has similar symptoms; consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the previous dose.
- If notice Over dose symptoms like chest pain, dry mouth, convulsions, shaking, and increased heart rate contact your physician immediately.
Substitutes for Tayo 60K Tablet
Following are the list of drugs which have the same strength, composition, and form as Tayo 60K Tablet:
- Calcirol 60000 IU Tablet
- Dsol 60000 IU Tablet
- Gen D3 60000 IU Tablet
- Lupi – D3 60000 IU Tablet
- Vitomin D3 60000 IU Tablet
- Vd fit 60000 IU Tablet
- Trus D 60000 IU Tablet
- Pure D3 60000 IU Tablet
- Depura 60000 IU Tablet
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Ms. Nikita Saraswat graduated as a gold medalist in B. Pharma from Uttar Pradesh Technical University in 2012. Subsequently, she has earned a Master in Pharmacology from Council of Scientific Research – Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow (CSIR-IITR). She currently serves as an Assistant Professor as well as pursuing a Ph.D. in Pharmacology. Nikita is also a passionate author who loves to keep herself updated with the latest advances in medicine and health. She regularly publishes her writings on medicine at HealthClues and has also published various research papers and healthcare books in reputed publications including the Bentham Science Journal, UGC and Clarivate Analytics indexed journals.
Leave a Review
How did you find the information presented in this article? Would you like us to add any other information? Help us improve by providing your rating and review comments. Thank you in advance!