Sunshine Hospital, Secunderabad is a multi-super specialty institution and was founded by a globally reputed orthopedic surgeon, Dr. AV Gurava Reddy, and his associates, who share the objective of providing the most advanced healthcare to patients. Get to know details about the specializations and facilities available and much more about this hospital.
About Sunshine Hospital, Secunderabad
Sunshine hospital was founded in May 2009 and has progressed to being the second largest Joint Replacement Centre in south-east Asia. It is a 500+ bedded hospital which includes 40 beds for critical care and 20 for trauma care. It prides itself on its surplus staff and individualistic care with a 1:1 patient-nurse ratio. The hospital recruits a syndicate of more than 100 surgeons, physicians and specialists from various fields in medicine, and thus renders an international standard of care.
The primary focus of the quality assurance efforts of Sunshine hospital is on patient-care, systems and processes, performance evaluation, and teamwork. The mission of this hospital is to offer qualitative and comprehensive services in a patient-friendly environment focused on clinical excellence, safety, dignity and transparency, and to provide affordable and accessible therapies.
Sunshine hospital harbors eight Centers of Excellence, which are:
- Bone and Joint Institute
- Institute for Gastroenterology, Liver Diseases and Laparoscopic Surgery
- Spine Centre
- Centre for Neurosciences
- Centre for Renal Sciences
- Centre for Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases and Lifestyle Disorders
- Centre for Respiratory Diseases
- Centre for Microvascular and Reconstructive Surgery
In addition, Sunshine hospital also conducts the functioning of its following branches:
Sunshine Heart Institute
It is situated adjacent to Sunshine hospital, Secunderabad, and is renowned for its state-of-the-art infrastructure and patient-oriented care in Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery.
Sunshine Hospital, Bhubaneswar
It is a 100 bedded medical hospital in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
Sunshine Hospital, Karimnagar
It is a 100 bedded medical hospital in Karimnagar, Telangana.
- Sunshine Hospital, Gachibowli, Telangana
- Sunshine Hospital, Kukatpally, Telangana
- Sunshine Hospital, Madhapur, Telangana
- Sunshine Hospital, Jubilee Hills, Telangana
The Founder – Dr. Gurava Reddy
Dr. A.V. Gurava Reddy – the founder of Sunshine hospitals, is a dignified visionary in the field of orthopedics who is popular for his humanitarian approach towards patients. He is among the best orthopedic surgeons in Hyderabad as well as India, who has an extensive experience in orthopedic surgeries and has mastered joint replacement procedures. He is also a well-known consultant and surgeon abroad, for instance, the middle-east and the USA.
Dr. Reddy has been an active faculty member at the Royal College of Surgeons, UK and has participated in various national and international conferences. He is among the founder members of the “Indian Society of Hip & Knee Surgeons”.
Dr. Reddy’s has had over two decades of rigorous experience in his field and the list of his exceptional mentors include: Dr. Sancheti, Dr. Campbell, Dr. Monk, Dr. Hardinge, and Prof. Klenerman, to name just a few, who are associated with renowned national and international healthcare institutions.
Awards and Achievements
Sunshine hospitals have been honored by a number of awards, below we enlist a few examples:
- World’s Greatest Brands and Leaders, 2016-17
- Award-Asia and GCC Countries – Healthcare Industry under Single/Multispecialty Hospital Category and Brand Leader Award for Dr. A.V. Gurava
- Most Patient-Friendly Hospital Award – Association of Healthcare Providers India (AHPI) Global Conclave, 2015
- Ranked seventh among the top orthopedic hospitals in the Indian subcontinent – The Week Magazine Nielsen Survey, 2014.
- Best Single Specialty Hospital Orthopedics – IMA & Government of Telangana, 2014.
- FICCI Award for Excellence in Customer Services, 2014
- Best Orthopedics Centre in India – Headlines Today, 2013
- Most innovative companies in India, 2013
- Innovation to reduce cost for patients, 2013
- Pharmacy team at Sunshine Hospitals has been certified with ‘PHARMACIE DE QUALITE’ with a 98% Score & PLATINUM Grading
Furthermore, Sunshine hospitals hold accreditations by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) and International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
Sunshine hospitals pride itself on being one of the most technologically advanced hospital chains in the country. The management and administrative teams of this organization is constantly striving to upgrade their armamentarium to be at par with the latest advancements in the medical field.
Additionally, Sunshine hospital provides 24/7 blood bank services, laboratory services and is equipped with a 24-hour pharmacy, and ICCU and AMCU care units.
The department of Critical Care in Sunshine hospital is headed by Dr. Sachin Chidrawar. This department comprises a High Dependency Unit (HDU), Neuro Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU), and Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU). Among the 40 beds in this department five are cubicles designed to permit strict isolation. Furthermore, this department is equipped with:
- Mechanical Ventilator Support – IPPV and NIV
- invasive monitoring – FLOTRAC, IBP monitoring and ECMO
The laboratory services of this hospital is operational under the following sub-divisions:
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Clinical Pathology
- Microbiology and Serology
- Cytology and Histopathology
Sunshine hospital provides on-call ambulance services and partners with Nightingales – the home healthcare services, to confer a holistic patient care.
Sunshine Hospitals also associates with all major healthcare insurance companies apart from the government affiliated medical insurance, for instance, Apollo Munich, Max Bhupa, Bharati AXA, Reliance, Religare, Bajaj Alliance, ICICI Lombard, L&T, Health India, and many more.
In case a patient seeks treatment in a hospital, it is prudent to investigate about the respective healthcare insurance policy and its coverage in the particular hospital, both to the hospital administration and the insurance company.
Departments at Sunshine Hospital
The operational segment of Sunshine hospital is segregated into the following departments to facilitate individualistic care to different needs of various patients and their ailments:
- Bone and Joint Institute
- Cardiac Sciences
- Internal Medicine
- Microvascular & Reconstructive Surgery
- Renal Sciences
- Respiratory Diseases
Admissions and Discharge
The front-desk executive team of Sunshine hospitals is ever ready to assist patients and their family for a smooth completion of registration, insurance, and legal formalities during admissions, discharge, through the hospital stay, and follow-ups. The IT cell of this hospital is efficient and contribute towards further simplifying the registration and billing processes, such that patients and their families are spared from the hassle of going through extensive documentation before or during treatment.
Education and Research
SMART – Sunshine Medical Academy of Research & Training Foundation was established by Sunshine hospitals and was registered as a non-profit organization in the year 2011, with a vision to harbor a world class translational medical research facility with the provision for training in various fields of medicine. SMART associates with many national and international research organizations, such as CCMB, IICT, NIN, and BITS Pilani.
This organization has been extensively involved in continued medical education, academics and research ever since its inception.
Fellowships conducted by SMART include:
- ISHKS Fellowship
- SIAA Fellowship
- Arthroscopy Fellowship
- Spine Fellowship
- Critical Care Fellowship
- Trauma Fellowship
- Emergency Medicine Fellowship
Sunshine hospital also introduced the Diplomate of National Board degree course in orthopedic surgery in 2012, which is affiliated to the National Board of Examinations.
In 2014, Sunshine hospital joined hands with four of the most renowned institutes in south India to form the South Indian Arthroplasty Academy (SIAA). The mission behind this alliance was to promote teaching, training and overall excellence in the ever-evolving field of arthroplasty. The syndicate includes reputed names like:
- Gurava Reddy – Sunshine Hospitals, Hyderabad
- Rajasekaran – Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore
- Sharan Patil – SPARSH Hospital, Bangalore
- Vijay Bose – AJRI, Chennai
- Suryanarayan – AJRI, Chennai
Furthermore, Sunshine Institute of Paramedical Sciences, approved by Government of Telangana and Paramedical Board (2018-19) conducts numerous courses to train paramedical staff and technicians.
Doctors at Sunshine Hospitals
Sunshine Hospitals impanels a conglomerate of the doctors of international repute. Below we enlist a few examples:
- B. Chandra Sekhar – Arthroscopy & Sports Injury
- Rajmohan Rao T. – Cardiac Anesthesiology
- Giridhar Reddy – Anesthesiology
- S. Vijay Kumar Reddy – Cardiology
- Ram Mohan Adoni – Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Sachin Chidrawar – Critical Care
- S. Gayathri – Dentistry
- Akansh Jain – Dermatology
- Radha R. Chada – Nutrition & Dietetics
- S. Varun Kumar – Emergency Medicine
- Sudhakar Reddy P. – Endocrinology
- P. Venugopala Reddy – ENT
- (Prof) K. Dinesh Sharma – Maxillofacial Surgery
- C. S. Indra Mohan – General Surgery
- Vijay V Yeldandi – Infectious Diseases
- M. Dinaker – Internal Medicine
- Vidyasagar Chandankere – Pediatric Orthopedic
- P. Gopal Reddy – Joint Replacement
- S. Ramakanth – Gastroenterology
- Radhika Parimkayala – Medical Oncology
- D. Bhavani Prasad – Microvascular & reconstructive Surgery
- (Dr). Anuradha – Nephrology
- Naveen Mehrotra – Neurosurgery
- A. Bhavani – Obstetrics & Gynecology
- A. Deepa shilpika – Ophthalmology
- Srinivas CH – Orthopedic Oncology
- Kushal Hippalgaonkar – Trauma Surgery & Accident Care
- P. V. Satyanarayana Murthy – Spine Center
- MD. Mateenuddin Saleem – Respiratory Diseases
- Mahendra Kumar M. – Radiology
- Kiran Kumar Reddy – Pulmonology
- Nishanth Vemana – Psychiatry
- Shalini Mehrotra – Pediatrics
Medical Tourism at Sunshine Hospitals
Sunshine hospital is well-connected through roads, flights and railways. It is also commutable via public and hired transport, and is thus easily accessible to all.
This hospital encourages medical tourism and invites foreign and out-of-station patients. To facilitate this, the hospital has an in-house International Patient Centre to assist out-of-station candidates with appointments, language interpretation, accommodation, transportation, admissions, discharge, and financial formalities. The International Patient Coordinator assigned to each patient who is unaware of the local language helps in managing the entire treatment process as well as communicating between the patient’s family, staff and specialists regarding medical details of the scheduled and ongoing therapies.
Furthermore, these coordinators are prompt and are trained to respond to queries and concerns round the clock.
Dr. Kaleem Mohammed graduated as a Bachelor of Physiotherapy in 2014 from Deccan College of Physiotherapy, affiliated to Dr. N.T.R. University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, India. Dr. Kaleem is an expert at handling physiotherapy needs of patients suffering from orthopedic and spinal conditions and post-surgery rehabilitation. Dr. Kaleem is associated with HealthClues since its inception where he facilitates diagnosis and advanced consultation with senior doctors. He is also a medical researcher and prolific writer who loves sharing insightful commentaries and useful tips to educate the patient community about fitness, treatment options, and post-treatment recovery.