Sumo Tablet is in a class of drugs called NSAID’s (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) and is used to treat pain or inflammation caused by conditions such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, bursitis, tendinitis, gout, and menstrual cramps. It works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body.
How does Sumo Tablet work?
Sumo Tablet blocks cyclooxygenase, which is an enzyme that produces prostaglandins—these are chemicals produced by the body during an inflammatory response, and they are responsible for causing pain.
This medicine is composed of the following drugs as it’s active ingredients –
- Nimesulide – 100mg
- Paracetamol or Acetaminophen – 500mg
Sumo Tablet uses and benefits
Sumo Tablet is generally prescribed in treating and preventing the health conditions mentioned below:
Sumo Tablet is used to treat symptoms like joint stiffness, painful joints of the knee, hip, neck, lower back associated with Osteoarthritis.
Sumo Tablet is used for treating the symptoms that may be related to Rheumatoid Arthritis such as stiffness in the joints, pain, and swelling that is associated with the condition.
Sumo Tablet is used to treat menstrual cramps and pain.
Fever and Pain
Sumo Tablet is used to reduce fever, pain, and inflammation.
Sumo Tablet is used in the treatment of menstrual cramps and lower abdominal pains felt before and during menstruation.
Sumo Tablet is also used to treat joint pain which is caused by obesity, as the excess weight of your body puts pressure on your joints and osteoarthritis.
Sumo Tablet is used to treat symptoms like joint stiffness, painful joints of the knee, hip, neck, lower back associated with Osteoarthritis and also used to treat muscles pains, spasms, and muscular strains.
Low back pain
Sumo Tablet also used to treat mild to severe back pain caused by arthritis, sciatica, herniated disc.
Sumo Tablet is used to treat muscle spasms which are caused by overuse, dehydration, electrolyte abnormalities and muscle fatigue.
Sumo Tablet contraindications
This medication is not recommended for use in the following conditions, be cautious to avoid this in such conditions.
Avoid if you have an allergy to Sumo Tablet or other NSAIDs
Sumo Tablet is contraindicated if you are diagnosed with asthma or other respiratory complications.
If you are suffering from any bleeding disorder Sumo Tablet is not recommended for you. It could cause severe swelling and bleed in the intestines, stomach, and anus.
Sumo Tablet side effects
Below mentioned are few of the side effects that may occur with the usage of this medication, out of which some might be rare but care to be taken as few might become serious if unattended properly on time. It is recommended to consult your physician immediately if you suffer any such side effects and if they are not hindering soon.
- Abdominal pain
- Sores in mouth
- Colon problems
- Excessive thirst
- Burning or tingling in the arms or legs
- Hearing problems
- Ringing in the ears
Expert Advice regarding Sumo Tablet
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- It can cause serious complications such as kidney problems and stomach bleeding if taken for a long time.
- Sumo Tablet can raise your risk of heart attack, blood clots or stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with liver or kidney problems.
- It should be taken with food to avoid getting an upset stomach.
Precautions before taking Sumo Tablet
Some medications are not suitable for people with certain ailments, and sometimes a medicine may only be used if extra care is taken. For these reasons, before you start taking Sumo Tablet, it is important that your doctor knows:
- If you have a stomach ulcer, or if you have an inflammatory bowel disorder such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease
- If suffering from any allergic conditions such as asthma
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have high blood pressure
- Use with proper guidance from your doctor if you are suffering any coronary or blood vessels related health issues
- If you have any blood clotting problems
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to this drug or any other medicines (such as aspirin or ibuprofen), or to any other NSAIDs.
- If you have problems with the way your kidneys work or problems with the way your liver works
Taking more than prescribed Sumo Tablet may cause harmful side effects. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you find any side effects.
If you miss the dosage take as soon as possible, and if it is near to next dose, skip the missing dosage continue the regular dosage. Do not take extra doses.
Sumo Tablet is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary and the potential benefits outweigh the risks involved. Sumo Tablet is not known to cause any harm to the fetus, but should only be used after consultation with your doctor.
Sumo Tablet is safe to use during breastfeeding. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Substitute tablets for Sumo Tablet
- Alnim P – Alliaance Biotech
- Nimu Plus – Alchemist Life Science Ltd
- Disfast Np – Acekinetics Healthcare Pvt Ltd
- Nimlin P – Stallion Laboratories Pvt Ltd
- Nimugesic – Tas Med India Pvt Ltd
- Nimsa Plus – Micro Labs Ltd
- Nimugesic Plus – Abbott India Ltd
- Nimfresh P Gold – Smart Laboratories Pvt Ltd
- Np Com – Profic Organic Ltd
- Pnt – Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Nimiron – Ronyd Healthcare Pvt Ltd
- Molib P – Algen Healthcare Pvt Ltd
- Nimucet Gold – Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Nam P – Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Nimegesic P – Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Nizer P – USV Ltd
- Novolid Plus – Micro Labs Ltd
- Nimica Plus – Ipca Laboratories Ltd
- Nimulid Hf – Panacea Biotec Ltd
- Nimed Plus – Medoz Pharmaceutical Pvt. Ltd
- Nes Forte – PCI Pharmaceuticals
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Leave a Review
How did you find the information presented in this article? Would you like us to add any other information? Help us improve by providing your rating and review comments. Thank you in advance!