Table of Contents
- What is Stafcure LZ?
- Composition and Active Ingredients of Stafcure LZ
- Stafcure LZ Uses
- How does Stafcure LZ work?
- Side-effects of Stafcure LZ
- Dosage instruction about Stafcure LZ
- Contraindications of Stafcure LZ
- Drug interactions of Stafcure LZ
- General Warnings
- Substitutes for Stafcure LZ
What is Stafcure LZ?
Stafcure LZ is a combination medicine prescribed in Bacterial infections. Let’s get to know more details about this medicine.
Composition and Active Ingredients of Stafcure LZ
Stafcure LZ tablet contains below-mentioned molecules as active ingredients –
- Cefuroxime 500mg
- Linezolid 600mg
Manufactured by – Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Prescription – Prescription is required, this is a prescription medicine and should be taken on the prescription of registered medical practitioner.
Available in the Forms – This medicine is available in the form of tablets.
Drug Type – The two active ingredients, Cefuroxime and Linezolid are both antibiotics.
Stafcure LZ Uses
Stafcure LZ is used in treating bacterial infections such as –
- Cystitis – a kind of bladder infections caused by various strains of bacteria.
- Pyelonephriits – a kind of kidney infections caused by various strains of bacteria.
- Nongonococcal Urethritis – a kind of urethra infections caused by various strains of bacteria.
- Skin infections – Such as caused by Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus pyogenes.
- Pneumonia – Kind of lung infection caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae.
- Bronchitis – Inflammation of the lungs caused by bacteria like Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae and Mycoplasma Pneumonia.
How does Stafcure LZ work?
Cefuroxime in this medicine prevents the formation of cell wall of the bacteria which is a key factor for survival of the bacteria in human body.
Linezolid arrests the bacterial growth by preventing the synthesis of essential proteins that are required by the bacteria for its active growth
As a result this combination works by preventing the survival and growth of the bacteria in human body.
Side-effects of Stafcure LZ
Below are some possible side effects that may possibly occur as a result of this medicine, but not in every individual who uses this medicine. It is advised to consult your doctor in case these side effects prolong or worsen.
Some common side effects
- Muscle aches
Some severe side effects
- Severe stomach ache
- Mood swings
- Jaundice eyes or skin
- Yeast infection
- Inflammation of the bowels
- Bloody stools
- Dark urine
Some possible allergic symptoms are
- Swelling of the tongue
- Hands or feet
- Difficulty in breathing
Dosage instruction about Stafcure LZ
Follow the dosage instructions exactly as per the prescription. Always complete full course of this medicine.
Never alter the dosage or miss a dose or overdose. Consult your doctor immediately in case of overdosage condition to avoid adverse effects.
Contraindications of Stafcure LZ
Stafcure LZ is not advised to use in some health conditions such as –
- Liver impairment
Drug interactions of Stafcure LZ
Stafcure LZ can possibly show drug interactions if used along with some other medication. It is advised that you inform you doctor about all the details regarding your current and recent medication use for various other medical conditions to avoid possible drug interactions.
Below listed are some examples of medicine that Stafcure LZ may possibly show drug interactions if used together.
Possible drug interactions
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Cholera Vaccine
Possible interactions with other diseases
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Seizure disorders
- Liver Disease
- Impaired kidney function
- It is in general not safe to use in pregnancy, counseling must be taken if have to use and only advised to use if the advantages overweigh the side effects.
- Not advised to use in case of nursing mothers as it may have adverse effects on fetus.
- Use this medicine with food to avoid an upset stomach
- Some patients may suffer diarrhea while under this medication which should get normal as the course ends. Consultation may be needed if it prolongs.
- Inform your doctor if you suffer any severe adverse effects such as rashes, difficulty in breathing, swelling in the face etc.
Substitutes for Stafcure LZ
Below mentioned brands of medicine are with same active ingredients and strengths as of Stafcure LZ and hence your doctor may prescribe any of them as a substitute for Stafcure LZ.
- Linid XT Tablet – Manufactured by Zydus Cadila
- Linox XT Tablet – Manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Covatil LZ – Manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Crintum LZ – Manufactured by Human Biolife India Pvt Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Dr. Srishti Tayal is Chief Radiologist at Radiodent – Dental and Maxillofacial Imaging. She has completed BDS and MDS with Gold Medal from JSS Medical College, Mysore. She is a passionate medical researcher and has published five research papers in various medical journals and received an award for the best scientific paper.
In addition to following her pursuits in dentistry, she is also an avid medical writer who believes in bridging the information gap among the common population with regards to modern medicine.
Leave a Review
How did you find the information presented in this article? Would you like us to add any other information? Help us improve by providing your rating and review comments. Thank you in advance!