Sinarest tablet is a combination oral medication that is used for treating various symptoms such as fever, cold, runny nose, sneezing, stuffy nose or headache. Get to know how Sinarest works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Sinarest is not suggested.
Sinarest tablet is a combination drug containing antihistamines and decongestants. Below we enlist the effects of each of the above mentioned drugs:
- Acetaminophen – pain relief and antipyretic (reduces fever).
- Chlorpheniramine – is an antihistamine, that is, it reduced hyper-immune reactions or allergies.
- Pseudoephedrine – is a nasal decongestant, and thus, provides relief from cough accumulating in the nasal passage.
Each Sinarest tablet contains
- Paracetamol (the acetaminophen) — 500 mg
- Phenylephrine hydrochloride (chlorpheniramine) — 10 mg
- Chlorpheniramine maleate (antihistamine) – 2 mg
- Caffeine (anhydrous) — 30 mg
Paracetamol is an analgesic and antipyretic, that is, it acts by both, relieving pain and by regulating body temperature, and thus, reducing fever.
Sympathomimetic decongestants, such as phenylephrine hydrochloride, reduces nasal blood flow caused due to common cold and influenza, and hence attenuates nasal blockages.
Chlorpheniramine has anti-allergic action and prevents symptoms, such as itchy or watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing, and itching of the nose or throat due to respiratory allergies.
Caffeine is an additional ingredient which helps in heightening the pain relief (or analgesic) effect produced by paracetamol and also reduces the sedative effect caused from chlorpheniramine maleate.
Sinarest Tablet Indications
Sinarest tablet is used for relieving the following symptoms:
- Nasal and sinus congestion, stuffy nose
- Upper respiratory tract allergies, causing discomfort in the nose or throat
- Sinus pain and headache
- As adjuncts to antimicrobial drugs in sinusitis, bronchitis, tonsillitis, and otitis media
Sinarest Tablet Uses
Sinarest tablet is used for treating, regulating, and improving the following diseases, conditions, and symptoms:
- Catarrh – which is an excessive accumulation of mucus in an airway
- Common cold
- Nasal congestion
- Hay fever
- Itchy throat
- Ear pain
- Joint pain
- Periods pain
- Watery eyes
Sinarest Tablet Side effects
In some individuals, Sinarest tablet has shown to confer certain adverse effects. In case any side-effect is obvious after the intake of this drug, medical attention must be sought without delay. Below we enlist some commonly reported side-effects of Sinarest tablets:
- Stomach upset
- Blurred vision
- Increased heart rate
- Irregular heartbeat
- Increased blood pressure
- Nervousness,fear or anxiety
- Dryness of mouth, nose or throat
Although side effects are not common with Sinarest tablet, yet it is prudent to be aware of the probable reactions that may result. Any adverse reaction after the intake of Sinarest tablet should be reported to a healthcare professional with immediate effect, so that the patient can avail treatment.
A life-threatening or very serious allergic reaction to this medicine is rare. However, immediate medical help should be sought in case any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including itching, rashes, swelling – especially of the face, tongue or throat, difficulty in breathing, or severe dizziness is noted.
Besides, even in case any other side-effect, apart from the ones mentioned above, are observed or experienced, the doctor should be contacted immediately.
Contraindication of Sinarest tablet
Sinarest tablet should not be used in patients with:
- Severe hypertension
- Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of Sinarest tablet
- Peptic ulcer
- Cardiac arrhythmia
Precautions about Sinarest tablet
In case you are prescribed Sinarest tablet, make sure that your doctor is well informed whether you are allergic to any of its ingredients; or if you have any other allergies. Certain medicines, like Sinarest tablets, may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Thus, talking to your doctor in detail and clarifying doubts is of utmost importance.
If you have any of the following health problems, consult your doctor before using Sinarest tablet:
- Breathing problems (such as asthma, emphysema)
- Heart problems
- High blood pressure
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Urination problems
- Stomach/intestinal problems (such as constipation, ulcers, blockage)
This drug may make you drowsy or dizzy or cause blurred vision and may compromise alertness. Thus, driving or the use of machinery should be avoided until the effect of the medication lasts, and preferably up to 12 hours after the intake of the drug.
The intake of alcohol should be prohibited in concurrence with this medication.
Some brands of this medicine may contain alcohol, sugar, or aspartame. Exercise caution, in case you have phenylketonuria, alcohol dependency, diabetes, liver disease or any other condition that requires you to limit or avoid these substances in your diet. Ask your doctor about using this product safely.
Children and older individuals may be more sensitive to the effects of this drug, for instance, drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, constipation, fast/irregular heartbeat, trouble urinating, dark urine, trouble sleeping. Dizziness, confusion, drowsiness, and trouble sleeping can increase the risk of falling. Thus, the use of this drug by geriatric patients should be only under supervision.
Besides, your doctor or dentist should be informed whether you are taking such a drug before you undergo any invasive procedure. During pregnancy, Sinarest tablet should be used only when clearly indicated and only with the consent of a gynecologist.
Sinarest tablet may permeate into breast milk and may have undesirable effects on a nursing infant. Consult your doctor whether you can take this medication while breastfeeding.
Substitutes for Sinarest Tablet
Below is the list of drugs, which have similar actions as Sinarest Tablet:
- Alex Cold Tablet–Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Agicold Tablet–AGIO Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Cozitus Tablet–Unimarck Healthcare Ltd
- Colgin plus Tablet–Medo Pharma
- Cozytab plus Tablet–Swiss Pharma Pvt Ltd
- Coldarest Tablet–Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Decongin Tablet–Pasteur Laboratories Pvt Ltd
- Kaisryl Tablet–Kaiser Drugs Pvt Ltd
- Mast Cc Tablet–Iatros Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Nasoryl Tablet–Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- New Instaryl Cold Tablet–Aglowmed Drugs Pvt. Ltd
- Sino plus Tablet–Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Dr. Kaleem Mohammed graduated as a Bachelor of Physiotherapy in 2014 from Deccan College of Physiotherapy, affiliated to Dr. N.T.R. University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, India. Dr. Kaleem is an expert at handling physiotherapy needs of patients suffering from orthopedic and spinal conditions and post-surgery rehabilitation. Dr. Kaleem is associated with HealthClues since its inception where he facilitates diagnosis and advanced consultation with senior doctors. He is also a medical researcher and prolific writer who loves sharing insightful commentaries and useful tips to educate the patient community about fitness, treatment options, and post-treatment recovery.