Ring Guard is a broad spectrum anti-fungal cream which is used in the treatment of infections caused by Fungi and bacteria. Get to know how Ring Guard works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Ring Guard is not suggested.
Paras Pharmaceuticals Manufactures Ring Guard cream. Ring Guard cream composed of Miconazole Topical 2% (anti- fungal) and Neomycin (anti- bacterial) as active ingredients.
Mechanism of Action
Used for fungal or bacterial infections such as Tinea pedis, Cutaneous candidiasis, Tinea corporis, Tinea cruris, Napkin rash, jock itch (Fungal infection in the buttocks, Inner thigh and genitals skin), Vaginal yeast infections, Athletes foot (Infection in the skin of your feet) etc. And it is highly effective in combating harsh skin conditions.
Ring Guard cream works by producing anti-fungal effect. This medicine is effective for a period of twenty four hours as an average.
Ring Guard Dosage
To experience the full effects of Ring Guard it is recommended to apply it on skin for two times a day – In the morning and Evening.
Ring Guard Uses and Benefits
Ring Guard 2% cream is prescribed for
- Skin fungal infections
- Oral Thrush
- Vaginal candidiasis (Yeast infections)
- Bacterial infections
- Tinea versicolor
- Tinea corporis
- Tinea pedis
- Tinea cruris
- Jock itch
- Napkin rash
Explore anti-fungal products that are available in online stores such as Amazon.
It can also be used for the treatment of Pityriasis, Which causes lightening/darkening of the skin of the chest, Arms, Legs and Neck.
Ring Guard Side Effects
Besides its intended effect, the following are the possible side effects which may occur from the constituent ingredient of Ring Guard cream. Some side effects are possible, but do not occur always. And some of them are rare but may be serious. If you observe any of the following side effects immediately consult your doctor, especially if they do not go away.
- Itching of skin
- Application site Itchiness
- Change in Taste
- Application site Burning
- Fever or chills
- Breathing Difficulty
- Body pain
- Stomach pain
- Nausea or vomiting
- Loss of Appetite
Ring Guard Contraindications
Ring Guard cream is contraindicated if
- You are Allergic to the cream
- Or Milk protein.
- Less than 16 years of age are not recommended to use this cream.
Precautions and How to Use Ring Guard
- 1.Ring Guard medicine is available in various forms as a Cream, Powder, Spray liquids, And Suppository forms
- Inform your doctor about your current list of medications, Over the counter products (Eg, Herbal suppliments, Vitamins,etc.), Current health history (plans of pregnancy,upcoming surgery etc.), Allergies, Before using Ring Guard cream.
- Apply it twice a day or as directed by your doctor or follow the directions printed on the leaflet in the product package.
- Dosage will be based on your condition, and follow the full course of treatment.
Follow the important steps before you apply
- Do not swallow, Should be taken same time and every day.
- Do not take by mouth, To apply on open wounds, Dry, Chopped, Irritated or Sun burned skin, Consult with your doctor.
- Wash your hands before and after the application of Ring Guard cream.
- Before you apply, the treated area/part should be clean and dry.
- Avoid tight fitting clothes synthetic fibers, Use loose cotton clothes.
- After applying the cream, immediately do not wash the treated area.
- Avoid applying other products on the treated area, unless directed by your doctor.
- Use a thinner layer or small quantity of medicine to avoid pilling, because excessive amount may results in pilling.
- Avoid getting contact with this medicine in your eyes or nose or mouth.
Ring Guard Drug Interactions
Usually all drugs interact differently for person to person. It’s important to check with your doctor all the possible interactions, before you start any medicine.
The interactions of Ring Guard with other medicines are as follows
- Antidiabetic drugs
Alternatives to Ring Guard Cream
The Following are list of medicines, Which contains as same composition, Strength and Form, So these can be used in place of Ring Guard 2% cream.
- Candizol by Micro Labs Ltd
- Micogel by Cipla Ltd
- Fungitop by Micro Labs Ltd
- Candistat by Merck Consumer Health Care Ltd
- Miconazole by Cipla Ltd
- Relin Guard by Wockhardth Ltd
- Rexgard by Novartis India Ltd
- Pevesca 150 MG Capsule by Usv Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Leave a Review
How did you find the information presented in this article? Would you like us to add any other information? Help us improve by providing your rating and review comments. Thank you in advance!