Psoriasis is a chronic, noncontiguous inflammatory skin condition characterized by the development of plaques of thickened, scaling skin and dry flakes of skin scales result from the excessively quick multiplication of skin cells. Psoriasis is just an irritating skin condition, which may further lead to psoriatic arthritis, an inflammation of the joints.
Psoriasis most frequently occurring on the scalp, elbows, legs, lower back, face, palms and soles of the feet. However, it can also occur in other areas as on fingernails, toenails, genitals and inside the mouth. It is usually stimulated by environmental factors like infections and stress.
Symptoms of Psoriasis
- Red colored plaques on skin sometimes covered with a crust of scales that tend to be silver or white
- Sensitive, itchy and painful skin lesions
- Dandruff on the scalp
- Cracked, discolored skin that easily bleeds and bruises
- Discoloration in the finger and toenails or growth of toe-nails fungus
- nails that detach from the nail beds and can be painful or bloody
- Many people with psoriasis also suffer from emotional problems due to feeling of embarrassed and hopeless about their skin
Any food that is taken in the body has an effect on the well-being of a person. Normally, it is with the diet that can keep a person in a healthy condition. A healthy condition means being able to protect oneself from any illnesses or diseases that can attack the body. Proper Psoriasis diet can truly give an exceptional improvement in the physical condition of an individual. As such, psoriasis diet is also considered as an aid in the treatment of psoriasis.
Psoriasis diet is considered as one of the best natural treatments to the cure of psoriasis. It is believed that this type of regimen takes on an essential part in giving remedy on this skin disease. With appropriate diet, it will not take long to be able to see the effects of it as there will definitely be a big improvement that can be seen on the skin of the person. Other than this, monitoring of food intake can also help to improve one’s body immune system. This also essential in preventing psoriasis to worsen, with the improved immune system, the body can protect itself from any harmful elements that may trigger the psoriasis disease. Thus, it is very helpful to take precedence on building up the body’s immune system when considering psoriasis diet.
It has been found that there are certain elements in some food that can cause psoriasis to break out. These are stored protein compounds that are normally present in bread. In addition, there have been various foods that have been found out to cause psoriasis break out. These are red wine, soda, red meat, berries, oily foods, tomatoes, acidic food and junk foods. These foods should be avoided by the person suffering from psoriasis. In psoriasis diet, these foods are excluded from the list of the recommended intake of persons suffering from psoriasis. Psoriasis diet assists in preventing any further damage that can worsen the break out of psoriasis on a person’s skin.
Diet has been considered to be the etiology (cause) and pathogenesis (development) of psoriasis. So, psoriatic sufferers have been reported with success with changes in their diet. Eat unlimited amounts of an alkaline diet, high fruits, and vegetables, lean meats or other proteins like beans and legumes and while on this diet go with regular exercise.
Natural treatments like psoriasis diet are indeed very helpful in psoriasis treatment without even the need of any special medication from any chemically formulated medicines. This just only means that there is really a way to treat psoriasis natural diet. There is no need to go very far and even spend on expensive medical treatments just to cure psoriasis.
Find out the right foods and psoriasis diet to cure psoriasis quickly:
Psoriasis diet – Vegetables:
- Sweet potatoes
- Chicory greens
- Brussels sprouts
Avoid these vegetables if you are suffering from psoriasis:
Psoriasis diet – Fruits
Avoid these fruits if you are suffering from psoriasis:
- Sour grapes
Psoriasis diet – Non-veg:
- Foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids like salmon, mackerel, tuna, sardines, albacore, and herring.
- Seafood, lean meat like white meat chicken or turkey and avoid red meat.
Psoriasis diet – Spices/herbs:
- Celery seeds
Avoid following spices/herbs:
Psoriasis diet – Other food products to consume:
- Beetroot juice
- Apple juice
- Whole Grain
- Brown rice
- Vegetable oils
- Soya bean oil
- Soy milk
- Soy nuts
Avoid these food products if you are suffering from psoriasis:
- Dairy products like milk and butter
- Refined sugar
- Fast food
- Saturated Fats
Home remedies for psoriasis
- Drinking fresh bitter gourd juice mixed with lime juice on an empty stomach is an effective psoriasis treatment.
- Ayurveda suggests that consuming few garlic cloves before having breakfast every morning and eating thin onion slices fried in a clarified butter (ghee) each day, which helps in eliminating toxins from the blood.
- Flaxseeds are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids which help in reducing inflammation in the body.
- Drink plenty of water at least 6-8 glasses of water each day, but it must be pure.
Along with psoriasis diet regular exercise more effective in the recovery process and to lose unwanted weight.
For more information, do get in touch with us through email at [email protected] or message us on WhatsApp at +91-9640378378, or submit your question below.
Have a question?
Leave a Review
How did you find the information presented in this article? Would you like us to add any other information? Help us improve by providing your rating and review comments. Thank you in advance!