Polybion tablet is a combination of vitamin B complex and vitamin C supplement used to treat vitamin B complex deficiencies. Get to know how Polybion works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Polybion is not suggested.
Active ingredients and Compostion of polybion tablet:
It is manufactured by E.Merck (India) limited. it is available in local pharmacies in the package of 10 strips. It is inexpensive and very effective medicine.
- Vitamin B1 (10mg)
- Vitamin B2 (10mg)
- Vitamin B12 (15mcg)
- Vitamin B6 (3mg)
- Calcium pantothenate (25mg)
- Nicotinamide (50mg)
- Vitamin C (150mg)
Polybion tablet – Mechanism of action :
- Polybion tablet Helps the tissues in respiration and fat metabolism and proteins, Hence lowers blood cholesterol levels by inhibiting the synthesis of LDL, heal the wounds.
- And helps in the normal process of formation of red blood cells and nerve tissues, retaining the fluid in the colon, helps prevention of clotting and inhibits the viral replication.
Benefits and uses of Polybion tablet:
Polybion tablet is useful in the prevention and management of following conditions and symptoms. And are listed below:
- Wound healing
- Grey hair
- Tissue repair
- Thiamine deficiency
- Eye disorders
- High cholesterol
- B complex deficiency
- Anemia due to folic acid deficiency
- Poor absorption of food
- During pregnancy, increased demand of folate in the body
- Poor diet
- Low levels of red blood cells
- Permanent nerve damage
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Stomach and intestine damage
Polybion tablet is effective for above listed conditions. But intake of medicine in right time, right dosage and till the prescribed duration. There may be other indications and benefits of the polybion tablet as well. Do not consume this tablet because someone has taken it with similar symptoms. Inform or visit your doctor or a specialist before using this tablet.
Side effects of Polybion tablet :
It is used for the Treatment , Control, Prevention of following symptoms and conditions:
- Skin rash
- Rapid Weight gain
- Nausea, Vomiting or Diarrhoea
- Acid urine
- Renal calculi
Dosage and how to use Polybion tablet:
Polybion tablet should be taken as exactly prescribed by your doctor. The dosage, form, frequency, and duration always depends on your condition. Polybion tablet can be taken with food or immediately after food. The effect of the polybion tablet starts in 5 to 10 minutes after intake. Polybion tablet also available in syrup, suspension form, and can be taken by oral route. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller quantities for longer than recommended. Being an over the counter product, consult your doctor if no visible improvements in symptoms after its usage. Self medication can be dangerous.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. if it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the previous dose and do not take double dose.
If the polybion tablet taken overdose visit or consult your doctor immediately. Common symptoms of overdose can include dry mouth, dizziness, shaking, chest pain, convulsions, and increased heart rate.
Precautions while taking Polybion tablet:
- Inform your doctor,before you take Polybion syrup, about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal suppliments, etc.), allergies, present and past health status, pregnancy, upcoming surgeries.
- Some of the health condition can make susceptible to the side-effects of the drug.
- Take as exactly prescribed by your doctor. or follow the direction printed on the product insert.
- Dosage always depends upon your condition.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date stated on the tablet.
- Medicine should be stored away from the reach of children.
- Take full course of treatment.
- The medicine can be stored at room temperature and avoid direct exposure to heat and sunlight.
- Visit or consult immediately to the doctor while taking the drug if your condition persists or worsens.
Before prescribing important counseling points are as follows:
- Do not consume alcohol while taking this drug. It usually causes the higher sugar levels in blood, so consult your doctor before intake of this medication.
- Difficulty in breathing
- Allergic to the medicine
- Do not take this medicine if pregnant
- Iron and Folic acid deficiency
- Drink plenty of liquids
- Confirm before intake, If you are suffering from renal or hepatic impairment
Polybion tablet – Contraindications:
Hypersensitivity to polybion tablet is a contraindication. polybion tablet is contraindicated if you have the following symptoms or conditions:
- Allergic reactions
- Acid – base imabalance
- Double dose
- Cardiac arrhythmias
- Active peptic ulcer
- Breast feeding
- Occasional smokers
- Lebers disease
- Acute myocardial infarction
Polybion tablet – Drug interactions :
The other drugs or over the counter products if you consume at same time, the effects of polybion tablet may change. This might increase chances of side effects or can make your drug not to work properly. If you inform the doctor about all your health history, Then it is easy for the doctor to manage or prevent drug interactions. The drugs which interact with Polybion tablet includes;
- Elemental iron
- Arsenic trioxide
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.