Penegra Tablet is a medicine used to treat Erectile Dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction or impotence is the inability to get or keep an erection firm enough to have sexual intercourse. Read on to know about working, side effects, precautions, and contraindications of Penegra Tablet.
Penegra Tablet Active Ingredients
Penegra 100mg Tablet is manufactured by Zydus Cadila. This medicine contains below drug as an active ingredient.
- Sildenafil 100 mg
How does Penegra Tablet work?
Sildenafil relaxes the smooth muscles, thus increases blood flow to the penis. Sildenafil under the name Viagra is used to treat impotence (erectile dysfunction) in men.
Penegra Tablet Uses and Benefits
This medication is used to treat Erectile Dysfunction.
Shop DonJoy Orthopedic Products on HealthClues
Are you Looking for a Knee Brace that is best in class. Check the options available at our Online Portal.
Penegra Tablet Side Effects
Stop taking Penegra Tablet and get emergency medical help if you have:
- Heart attack symptoms may include chest pain, pain that spreads to your jaw or shoulder, and if you experience nausea, and sweating
- Changes in Vision or sudden vision loss
- Erection is painful or lasts longer than 2-4 hours (prolonged erection can damage the penis)
- Ringing in your ears, or sudden hearing loss
- Shortness of breath
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swelling of your hands, ankles, or feet
- Seizure (convulsions)
Common Side Effects may include:
- Headache and dizziness
- Blurred vision
- Runny or stuffy nose, nosebleeds
- Muscle pain
- Back pain
- Upset stomach
Penegra Tablet Contraindications
The following individuals should not take Penegra Tablet, or should consult with their physician first:
- Patients who are using nitric oxide donors, nitrates, and organic nitrites
- People with severe liver impairment
- People with kidney disease
- Those who have had a recent heart attack or stroke
- Individuals with hereditary degenerative retinal disorders
- Individuals with hypotension (low blood pressure)
- Men who are advised to refrain from sexual intercourse because of cardiovascular risk factors
- If the person is allergic to any of the ingredients of penegra.
Dosage of Penegra Tablet
The dosage depends on several factors. Please follow the instruction by your doctor.
Some drugs are not safe to use along with this medication. Specifically, Penegra Tablet shouldn’t be used while if you are using any nitrate drugs for treating chest pain or heart problems. This includes Nitroglycerin, Isosorbide mononitrate, Isosorbide dinitrate, amyl nitrate, or nitrite “poppers”.
Precautions and Warning while taking Penegra Tablet
Taking Penegra Tablet with a nitrate drug can cause a sudden and dangerous drop in blood pressure.
Also, you shouldn’t use the medicine for pulmonary hypertension if you’re taking Penegra Tablet.
Before you start on Penegra Tablet, tell your physician if you have or have ever had:
- High or low blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- A stroke
- Kidney or liver disease
- Heart disease, a heart attack, heart failure, or heart rhythm problems
- A blood disorder, such as multiple myeloma, leukemia, or sickle cell anemia
- A bleeding disorder, such as hemophilia
- Allergies to medications
- Blood circulation problems
- Blockages in the veins of the lungs
- Stomach ulcers
Inform your doctor before starting the medication about:
- If you have been advised not to have sex for any related health reasons
- If you experienced any incidence of prolonged erection for several hours
- If you have a habit of smoking
- If you suffered severe dehydration recently
Penegra Tablet can lower blood flow to the optic nerve in your eye, which may cause sudden vision loss. Most people who experience this complication also have heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, or specific eye problems. Being a smoker and over 50 years of age also increases the risk of vision issues.
If you suffer unusual vision loss, stop using this medicine and seek emergency medical help.
Also, let your physician know immediately if you have chest pain, nausea, or dizziness during sexual activity while taking Penegra Tablet.
Penegra Tablet shouldn’t be used by anyone under 18 years of age unless a doctor tells you otherwise.
Let your doctor know you’re taking Penegra Tablet before having any type of surgery, including a dental procedure.
Substitutes for Penegra Tablet
Below mentioned are the list of few example medicines that have the same strength, and composition as of Penegra Tablet, Hence they may also be prescribed as a substitute for this drug.
- Vigora 100mg Tablet – Zydus Cadila
- Intagra 100mg Tablet – Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Manforce 100mg Tablet – Mankind Pharma
- Zestasil 100mg Tablet – TVB Healthcare
- Viagra 100mg Tablet – Pfizer Ltd
- Sexigra 100mg Tablet – Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Exygra 100mg Tablet – Morepen Laboratories Ltd
- Agra 100mg Tablet – Alliaance Biotech
- Powerman 100mg Tablet – Psychotropics India Ltd
- Sidnakind Tablet – Mankind Pharma Ltd
- Silagra 100mg Tablet – Cipla Ltd
- Suhagra 100mg Tablet – Cipla Ltd
- Instarise 100mg Tablet – Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Macsutra 100mg Tablet – Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Caverta 100mg Tablet – Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Mr. Rohit Jain is a Pharmaceutical techno-marketing trainer with more than 10 years of industrial experience. In his previous assignment, he was Senior Product Manager, heading the Product Management Team at an organization of repute. Mr. Jain is B. Pharma, MBA, PGDBM, LL.B. and is a Registered Patent Agent. He also has a Professional Diploma in Clinical Research and is also a certified Pharmacovigilance Professional. He was involved in delivering medico-marketing training to on-the-field marketing professionals as well as in-house business development professionals. Mr. Rohit Jain is a prolific medical content writer and had written more than 500 medical articles spreading over varied therapeutic areas. Mr. Jain has a keen interest in learning about the latest happenings of the pharmaceutical and medical industry.