Pantop D Capsule is prescribed to treat conditions like acidity, heartburn, gastric ulcer, Helicobacter pylori infection, Gastroesophageal reflux disease, etc. Get to know how Pantop D works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Pantop D is not suggested.
About Pantop D Capsule
Pantop D Capsule is a proton-pump inhibitor drug. It is a branded medicine manufactured and marketed by Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd. Pantop D Capsule is a medicine that is used for the treatment of Gas, Excess acid secretion by the stomach, Intestinal or stomach ulcers, Heartburn, Back flow of acid from stomach, Treatment for intractable nausea and vomiting and other conditions.
How Pantop D Capsule works?
Pantop D Capsule works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach and intestines which helps in relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
Pantop D Capsule – Composition and Active Ingredients
Pantop D Capsule is composed of the following active ingredients:
- Pantoprazole – 20 mg
- Domperidone – 10 mg
Pantop D Capsule Uses and Benefits
Pantop D Capsule is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions, and symptoms:
- Intestinal or stomach ulcers
- Excess acid secretion by stomach
- Back flow of acid from stomach
- Treatment for symptoms associated with idiopathic or diabetic gastroparesis
- Inflammation of esophagus
- Treatment for intractable nausea and vomiting
- Difficulty in swallowing
Side Effects of Pantop D Capsule
When some drug is used to cure some kind of health problems, along with its intended benefits there is a chance of getting few unwanted side effects too. Below listed conditions are some possible side effects of this medicine. If you suffer them and they don’t reduce in a short period, then it is strongly recommended to consult your physician for proper medical attention. Your physician would make changes in your medication, and dosage accordingly.
- Abdominal discomfort
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Dystonic reactions
- Skin rash
Contraindications for Pantop D Capsule
Do not take Pantop D Capsule if you are suffering from the following condition:
- Allergy to Pantop D Capsule and its ingredients
- Atrophic gastritis
- Interstitial nephritis
- Low amount of magnesium in the blood
- Broken bone
- Clostridium difficile bacteria related colitis
- Inadequate vitamin B12
Precautions before taking Pantop D Capsule
- Take Pantop D Capsule only if prescribed by the physician
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Pantop D Capsule; it can increase the risk of stomach damage.
- It is recommended not to consume any alcohol at least for 3 days from the day of your last dose of this medicine
- Take full course of treatment
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease
- Do not take Pantop D Capsule if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine or any of their excipients
- Do not take this Pantop D Capsule after the expiry date stated on the carton package
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
Taking more than prescribed Pantop D Capsule may cause harmful side effects. Consult your physician or pharmacist if you find any side effects.
If missed certain regular dose, take as earliest possible, and if it is nearing next dosage, then skip the missed dose and carry on with next regular dose. Never use extra doses.
It is not recommended in pregnancy, but if have to use it then it is strongly recommended to use with proper advice from your Doctor to avoid any side effects.
Pantop D Capsule is not known to cause any harm to the fetus, but should only be used after consultation with your physician.
Pantop D Capsule is safe to use during breastfeeding. Before taking Pantop D Capsule consult your physician.
Pantop D – Drug Interactions
If you use other over the counter products or other drugs at the same time, the effects of the Pantop D Capsule may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly.
If you are taking any kind of drugs, or any supplements like herbal, or vitamin supplements for any kind of health problems, let your Doctor know about your course of medicines or any health products you are using to avoid any unwanted side effects. You doctor would adjust the dosage accordingly.
Pantop D Capsule may interact with the following medicines and products:
Substitutes for Pantop D Capsule
Here is the List of substitute’s medicines which have the same composition, strength, and form as Pantop D Capsule:
- Nupenta-D Capsule – Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Pantocid D Capsule – Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Pansa-D Tablet – Zuventus Healthcare Ltd
- Athzol-DM Tablet – Athens Labs Ltd
- Domtac Tablet – Rapross Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Ulpan D 10 mg/20 mg Tablet – Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd
- Forpan-DM Tablet – Foregen Healthcare Ltd
- Cocid-D Capsule – Talent India
- Dozpanta DSR Tablet – Bonitas Life Science Pvt Ltd
- Pentate-D Tablet – Morepen Laboratories Ltd
- Dompan Tablet – Medley Pharmaceuticals
- Ppz-D Tablet – Rizer Healthcare Pvt Ltd
- Predom OD 10mg/20mg Capsule – BestoChem Formulations India Ltd
- Pancruz D 10mg/20mg Capsule – Biorex Healthcare Pvt Ltd
- Perfekt D 10 mg/20 mg Tablet – Ozone Pharmaceuticals Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Dr. Kaleem Mohammed graduated as a Bachelor of Physiotherapy in 2014 from Deccan College of Physiotherapy, affiliated to Dr. N.T.R. University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, India. Dr. Kaleem is an expert at handling physiotherapy needs of patients suffering from orthopedic and spinal conditions and post-surgery rehabilitation. Dr. Kaleem is associated with HealthClues since its inception where he facilitates diagnosis and advanced consultation with senior doctors. He is also a medical researcher and prolific writer who loves sharing insightful commentaries and useful tips to educate the patient community about fitness, treatment options, and post-treatment recovery.