Table of contents
- Overview about Pansec Tablet
- What is Pansec?
- Pansec Composition and Active Ingredients
- Pansec Uses and Benefits
- How Does Pansec Work?
- How to Use Pansec?
- Side Effects of Pansec Tablet
- Pansec Dosage and Precautions
- Pansec Contraindications
- General warnings about Pansec Tablet
- Drug interactions of Pansec
- Substitutes for Pansec Tablets
Overview About Pansec Tablet
Pansec is a proton-pump inhibitor drug generally prescribed for treating acidity, gastric ulcers, and Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
Used to treat conditions like:
- Gastric Ulcer
- Acid reflux
- Helicobacter pylori Infection
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
If you are pregnant, it is advised to use this medicine with the guidance of your doctor to avoid any side effects.
Let’s explore more detailed information about Pansec Tablet.
What is Pansec Tablet?
Pansec Tablet belongs to Proton pump inhibitors class of drugs prescribed to treat conditions like Gastric ulcers, Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other acidity related disorders. Read on to know about working, side effects, precautions, and contraindications of Pansec.
Read More: Topp 40 Tablet
Shop DonJoy Orthopedic Products on HealthClues
Are you Looking for a Knee Brace that is best in class. Check the options available at our Online Portal.
Pansec Composition and Active Ingredients
Pantoprazole 40mg is an active ingredient in Pansec Tablet.
Manufactured By – Pansec is manufactured by marketed by Cipla Ltd.
Prescription – Prescription is required, this is a prescription medicine and should be taken on the prescription of Registered Medical Practitioner.
Available in the Forms – This medicine is available in the form of tablets.
Drug Type – Pantoprazole which is a key ingredient in this medicine belongs to the class of medicine called Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI)
Pansec Tablets are available in below-mentioned variations –
- Pansec 20 mg Tablet – (Composition – Pantoprazole (20mg)) and available as 10 tablets per strip.
- Pansec 40 mg Tablet – (Composition – Pantoprazole (40mg)) and available as 10 tablets per strip.
- Pansec 40 mg Tablet – (Composition – Pantoprazole (40mg)) and available as 15 tablets per strip.
Pansec Uses and Benefits
This medicine is prescribed to treat the below-mentioned conditions. It is strongly advised to take proper advice from your Doctor before using this medicine to avoid any side effects.
- Used in the treatment of Peptic or Stomach ulcers
- Used in treating Acid reflux
- Used to heal the inflammation in the esophagus (this condition is called esophagitis) caused by acid reflux
- For treating Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): GERD is a condition in which food pipe above the stomach called lower esophageal sphincter (LES) gets irritated as the bile or stomach acids travel upwards. The patient feels heartburn due to this.
- Erosive Esophagitis: Condition in which severe ulcers happen due to chronic acidity
- Helicobacter pylori Infection: In patients with this condition Pansec is prescribed in combination with other drugs.
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome: In this condition, an excessive amount of acid is produced in the stomach due to tumors in the small intestine
- Pansec Tablets are also prescribed as a combination medicine along with the NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) for several types of pain-related symptoms in different health conditions to reduce the acid reflux. Generally, NSAID medicines cause acidity as a common side effect.
Read More: Pantakind
How Does Pansec Work?
Pansec acts by reducing the production of acid in the stomach by inhibiting the action of cells in the lining of the stomach which produces the acid, thus are named as Proton pump inhibitor class of drugs.
How to use Pansec?
This medicine works best if used half an hour before breakfast.
Side Effects of Pansec Tablet
Side Effects of Pansec includes:
- Altered sense of taste
- Running nose and cough
- Nausea or vomiting
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Skin Rash
Pansec Dosage and Precautions
Before using this medicine, inform your doctor if you are currently using any medications, or any over the counter products or vitamin supplements, herbal supplements, etc. inform the doctor about any allergies, pre-existing diseases, and about your current health conditions like pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.
It is advised to follow the instructions given by the doctor to avoid any kind of side effects. Stick to the dosage as mentioned by your doctor. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens
It is not recommended if the patient is Hypersensitive towards this medicine or any other drug that belongs to the same group of drugs (Proton pump inhibitors class of drugs)
General Warnings about Pansec Tablet
Pansec Tablet Overdosage
Taking more than the prescribed dose of any drug might result in harmful side effects. Consult your doctor or pharmacist immediately if you suffer any side effects.
Pansec Tablet Missing dosage
If any dose is missed, take sooner possible, and if it is nearing next dose, skip the missed dose and continue the regular one. Never take extra doses to make up for missed dose.
Pansec Tablet in Pregnancy
It is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary and the potential benefits outweigh the risks involved.
Pansec Tablet while Breastfeeding
It is not recommended for use during breastfeeding. But consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Drug interactions of Pansec Tablet
Pansec Tablet may show drug interaction if used in combination with other medicine, hence it is not advised to use certain medication while using this one. Below mentioned are some examples of medicines that Pansec Tablet may show drug interaction with.
Substitutes for Pansec Tablets
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength, and form as Pansec Tablets and hence can be used as its substitute:
- PAN 40 Tablet -manufactured by Alkem Laboratories Ltd
- Pantakind Tablet – manufactured by Mankind Pharma Ltd
- Pantocid Tablet – manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Pantop 40 Tablet – manufactured by Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Pantodac 40 Tablet – manufactured by Zydus Cadila
- Nupenta Tablet – manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Dr. Srishti Tayal is Chief Radiologist at Radiodent – Dental and Maxillofacial Imaging. She has completed BDS and MDS with Gold Medal from JSS Medical College, Mysore. She is a passionate medical researcher and has published five research papers in various medical journals and received an award for the best scientific paper.
In addition to following her pursuits in dentistry, she is also an avid medical writer who believes in bridging the information gap among the common population with regards to modern medicine.