Pan 40 MG Tablet belongs to Proton pump inhibitors class of drugs prescribed to treat conditions like Gastric ulcers, Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other acidity related disorders. Read on to know about working, side effects, precautions, and contraindications of Pan 40.
Active ingredient of Pan 40 MG Tablet
This medicine is produced and marketed by Alkem Laboratories Pvt Ltd. Pan 40 MG Tablet contains Pantoprazole Sodium Sesquihydrate – 40 MG as an active ingredient.
This is a prescription medicine and should be taken on the prescription of Registered Medical Practitioner.
How does it work?
It acts by reducing the production of acid in the stomach by inhibiting the action of cells in the lining of the stomach which produces the acid, thus are named as Proton pump inhibitor class of drugs.
Uses of Pan 40 MG Tablet
This medicine is prescribed to treat the below-mentioned conditions. It is strongly advised to take proper advice from your Doctor before using this medicine to avoid any side effects.
- Used in the treatment of Peptic or Stomach ulcers
- Used in treating Acid reflux
- Used to heal the inflammation in the esophagus (this condition is called esophagitis) caused by acid reflux
- For treating Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): GERD is a condition in which food pipe above the stomach called lower esophageal sphincter (LES) gets irritated as the bile or stomach acids travel upwards. The patient feels heartburn due to this.
- Erosive Esophagitis: Condition in which severe ulcers happen due to chronic acidity
- Helicobacter pylori Infection: In patients with this condition Pan 40 is Prescribed in combination with other drugs.
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome: In this condition, an excessive amount of acid is produced in the stomach due to tumors in the small intestine
- Pan 40 MG Tablets are also prescribed as a combination medicine along with the NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) for several types of pain-related symptoms in different health conditions to reduce the acid reflux. Generally, NSAID medicines cause acidity as a common side effect.
Pan 40 MG Tablets Usage
This medicine works best if used half an hour before breakfast.
Pan 40 MG Side Effects
Side Effects of Pan 40 includes:
- Altered sense of taste
- Running nose and cough
- Nausea or vomiting
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Skin Rash
Pan 40 MG Dosage and Precautions
Before using this medicine, inform your doctor if you are currently using any medications, or any over the counter products or vitamin supplements, herbal supplements, etc. inform the doctor about any allergies, pre-existing diseases, and about your current health conditions like pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.
It is advised to follow the instructions given by the doctor to avoid any kind of side effects. Stick to the dosage as mentioned by your doctor. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens
Pan 40 MG Contraindications
It is not recommended if the patient is Hypersensitive towards this medicine or any other drug that belongs to the same group of drugs (Proton pump inhibitors class of drugs)
Taking more than the prescribed dose of any drug might result in harmful side effects. Consult your doctor or pharmacist immediately if you suffer any side effects.
If any dose is missed, take sooner possible, and if it is nearing next dose, skip the missed dose and continue the regular one. Never take extra doses to make up for missed dose.
It is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary and the potential benefits outweigh the risks involved.
It is not recommended for use during breastfeeding. But consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Substitutes for Pan 40 MG Tablets
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength, and form as Pan 40 MG Tablets and hence can be used as its substitute:
- Manez 40 MG Tablet – Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Nostorm 40 MG Tablet – Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Pantocalm 40 MG Tablet – Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd.
- Pentosec 40 MG Tablet – Cipla Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Protochek 40 MG Tablet – Ipca Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available to you, then you can contact us here.
Mr. Rohit Jain is a Pharmaceutical techno-marketing trainer with more than 10 years of industrial experience. In his previous assignment, he was Senior Product Manager, heading the Product Management Team at an organization of repute. Mr. Jain is B. Pharma, MBA, PGDBM, LL.B. and is a Registered Patent Agent. He also has a Professional Diploma in Clinical Research and is also a certified Pharmacovigilance Professional. He was involved in delivering medico-marketing training to on-the-field marketing professionals as well as in-house business development professionals. Mr. Rohit Jain is a prolific medical content writer and had written more than 500 medical articles spreading over varied therapeutic areas. Mr. Jain has a keen interest in learning about the latest happenings of the pharmaceutical and medical industry.