Omez D SR Capsule is a combination of prokinetic and proton-pump inhibitor drugs used for conditions like Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), acidity, heartburn, gastric ulcer. Get to know how Omez D SR works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Omez D SR is not suggested.
Omez D SR Capsule Composition and Active Ingredients
It is a branded medicine manufactured and marketed by Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd. Omez D SR Capsule is composed of the following active ingredients:
- Domperidone – 30 MG
- Omeprazole – 20 MG
How does Omez D SR Capsule work?
Omez D SR Capsule works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach and intestines which helps in relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
It acts by blocking the dopamine receptors in the brain and inhibiting proton pumps in the wall of the stomach.
Omez D SR Capsule Uses and Benefits
Omez D SR Capsule is beneficial to treat a variety of acid issues as discussed below:
- Gastric Ulcer
- Acid Ulcer
- Peptic ulcer
- Gastric acidity
- Gastro-Intestinal Reflux (GERD)
Side Effects of Omez D SR Capsule
When some drug is used to cure some kind of health problems, along with its intended benefits there is a chance of getting few unwanted side effects too. Below mentioned are some possible side effects of this medicine. If you suffer them and they don’t reduce in a short period, then it is strongly recommended to consult your Doctor for proper medical attention. You Doctor would make changes in your medication, and dosage accordingly.
- Dry mouth
- Muscle pains
- Blurred vision
- Tenderness of Breast
- Gastric problem
- Irregular Menstruation
- Abdominal pain
Contraindications for Omez D SR Capsule
Do not take Omez D if you are suffering from the following condition:
Omez D SR Capsule is not prescribed for use in patients who have a known history of following conditions
- It is not recommended if the patient is allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine
- Type A or Type B Gastritis
- If the patient is suffering any kind of renal or kidney related issues
- If the magnesium levels are low in patient’s blood
- Inadequate vitamin B12
- Feeding Mothers
- Heart Patients
- Pregnant Women
- Hypersensitivity to Domperidone
- Liver Failure Patients
Omez D SR Capsule Dosage
It is not an OTC (over-the-counter) medicine and does require a prescription from a qualified doctor.
Precautions before taking Omez D SR Capsule
- Take Omez D SR Capsule only if prescribed by the physician
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Omez D SR Capsule; it can increase the risk of stomach damage.
- It is recommended not to consume any alcohol at least for 3 days from the day of your last dose of this medicine
- Take full course of treatment
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease
- Do not take Omez D SR Capsule if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine or any of their excipients
- Do not take this Omez D SR Capsule after the expiry date stated on the carton package
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
Taking more than prescribed Omez D SR Capsule may cause harmful side effects. Consult your physician or pharmacist if you find any side effects.
If missed certain regular dose, take as earliest possible, and if it is nearing next dosage, then skip the missed dose and carry on with next regular dose. Never use extra doses.
It is not recommended in pregnancy, but if have to use it then it is strongly recommended to use with proper advice from your Doctor to avoid any side effects.
Omez D SR Capsule is not known to cause any harm to the fetus, but should only be used after consultation with your physician.
Omez D SR Capsule is not recommended during breastfeeding. Before taking Omez D SR Capsule consult your physician.
Omez D SR Capsule Drug Interactions
If you are using any other medicine or over the counter products at the time of using this medicine, effectiveness of this drug might change and the risk of suffering from side effects may be higher.
If you are using any kind of medicine, or any supplements like herbal, or vitamin supplements for any kind of health problems, let your Doctor know about your course of medicines or any health products you are using to avoid any unwanted side effects. You doctor would adjust the dosage accordingly.
Omez D SR Capsule may interact with the following medicines and products:
Substitutes for Omez D SR Capsule
Here is the List of substitute’s medicines which have the same composition, strength, and form as Omez D SR Capsule:
- Ocid D SR Capsule – Zydus Cadila
- Domstal RD Capsule SR – Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Omerd Capsule SR – Blue Cross Laboratories Ltd
- Zekocid D SR Capsule – Accosts Remedies Pvt Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Leave a Review
How did you find the information presented in this article? Would you like us to add any other information? Help us improve by providing your rating and review comments. Thank you in advance!