Nucoxia MR Tablet is a combination of NSAID painkiller and muscle relaxant drugs which is used to treat mild to moderate pains. This is mainly recommended for conditions like Muscle pains, Joint Pains, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Ankylosing spondylitis, Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and Menstrual cramps. Get to know how Nucoxia MR works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Nucoxia MR is not suggested.
This medicine is manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. The active ingredient in this medicine is Etoricoxib.
- Etoricoxib (90mg)
- Thiocolchicoside (8mg)
How does Nucoxia MR Tablet work?
The key ingredient Etoricoxib work by preventing the release of prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are substances that are released by the most type of cells in human body. They show their impact on several health conditions that occur. For example, they act as mediators in activation of inflammatory response, pain and fever production, and also have effect in reducing blood pressure.
The other ingredient Thiocolchicoside is a muscle relaxant and works on the certain parts of the brain and spinal cord, as a result, relieves muscle stiffness or spasm without reducing the muscle strength. Hence improves pain and movement of muscles.
Nucoxia MR Tablet Uses
Nucoxia MR Tablet is used for the control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, and treatment such as:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Menstrual cramps ( dysmenorrhea)
- Acute pain (sports injuries)
- Muscle pains
- Joint pains
- Mild/ Moderate pain involved during some dental surgeries
Nucoxia MR Tablet Side effects
There is a possibility of occurrence of some or more side effects with usage of Nucoxia MR Tablet. These side effects are possible but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your Doctor if you notice any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away. The Common side effects of this medicine may include:
- Skin redness
- Mucous membrane redness
- Blood parameter changes related to liver
- Irregular or increased heartbeat
- Blurred vision
- Stomach discomfort
- Disturbed Sleep
- Gas formation
- Mouth ulcers
- Rise in blood pressure
- Weight gain
- Change in appetite
- Flu-like symptoms
- Abnormal blood counts
- Swelling in the legs due to fluid retention
- Sensation of spinning
- Severe allergic rejection
- Ringing in ears
- Heart problems
- Kidney problems
- Swelling of face
- Stomach inflammation
- Nose bleeds
- Stomach pain
Nucoxia MR Tablet Drug Interactions
If Nucoxia MR Tablet is used along with some other medicine like Drug interactions might occur and the results might be like an increase in the risk of getting side effects or even might reflect in effectiveness Nucoxia MR Tablets. Let your Doctor know if you are using any other medication or taking any type of supplementary medicines. Nucoxia MR Tab might have interactions with some medicines like:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
Nucoxia MR Tablet Contraindications
Nucoxia MR Tablet should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Severe congestive heart failure
- Active peptic ulceration
- Children and adolescents below 16 years
Nucoxia MR Tablet – Dosage
Take this tablet as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage of any medicine depends on your symptoms, age, and health. Consult your physician if your condition persists or worsens.
Taking excess dosage of this medicine may cause harmful side effects. Consult your doctor if you notice any side effects. Read the label carefully before taking medicine to avoid overdosage.
Take Nucoxia MR Tablet as directed by your physician or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Do not take extra doses. If you miss the dosage take as soon as possible, and if it is near to next dose, skip the dosage which is missed and continue the regular dosage.
Nucoxia MR Tablet Precautions
Link in any medication while using Nucoxia MR Tablets also, proper precaution must be taken. Inform your Doctor if you are using any other medicine for any health conditions, even if you are using any vitamin or herbal supplements. Also, inform if you have a history of any allergic reactions to any medication. Take the medication only as directed by your Doctor. Some key points to be considered before using Nucoxia MR Tablet.
- Avoid Smoking
- Let your Doctor know if you suffer any allergic reactions
- Consult your Doctor if you feel any hypertension
- If your age is above 65 years
- Don’t use for longer periods than recommended by your Doctor
- Avoid Taking this with alcohol it can increase the risk of stomach bleeding
- Nucoxia MR Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy consult your doctor before taking this drug
- Nucoxia MR Tablet is safe to use during lactation but it’s important to consult your doctor
- Nucoxia MR Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Please consult your physician before consuming this medication
- Nucoxia MR Tablet should be used with caution in patients with renal disease. Dose adjustment may be needed. Please consult your physician before taking medication
- Avoid this medicine if you are allergic to NSAID medicines
Substitute tablets for Nucoxia MR Tablet
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength, and form as Nucoxia MR Tablet and hence can be used as its substitute:
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.