Norflox 400 is an antibiotic drug used to treat stomach infection, bacterial infections, intestinal infections, urinary tract infections, skin, and blood infections. Get to know how Norflox 400 works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Norflox 400 is not suggested.
Composition of Norflox 400
Norflox 400 is a branded anti-bacterial medicine manufactured and marketed by Cipla Pharmaceuticals Limited. Norflox 400 contains Norfloxacin (400 mg) as an active ingredient.
How does Norflox 400 work?
Norflox 400 works by inhibiting bacterial reproduction; killing bacteria and reducing the infection. Norfloxacin is an antibiotic drug which belongs to a class of medication named flouroquinolone. It kills the bacteria by inhibiting bacterial deoxyribonucleic acid synthesis.
Norflox 400 Tablet Uses
Norflox 400 is used for the treat, control, prevent, & improvement of the following conditions and symptoms:
- Intestinal infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Stomach infection
- Infections of the abdomen
- Skin infections
- Bacterial infections
- Infections of the blood
- Infection in the intestines
- Sexually transmitted disease
- Reproductive organ infection
- Lungs infection
- Chest infections
- Prostate infection
- Eye and ear infection
- Parasitic infections
Norflox 400 Side-effects
Norflox 400 is an antibiotic drug and relatively a safe drug. Side effects are associated if it is consumed in a higher dose, here are the possible side effects due to higher dosing include:
- Mouth ulcer
- Abdominal cramps
- Myasthenia gravis
- Tendinitis or tendon rupture
Contraindications of Norflox 400
Norflox 400 should not be used if you are suffering from following conditions:
- Blood dyscrasias
- Epileptic seizure
- Decreased neutrophils
- The first trimester of pregnancy
- Hypersensitivity to Norflox 400 and its ingredients
Precautions while using Norflox 400
If you use other over the counter products or other drugs at the same time, the effects of the Norflox 400 might alter and risk of side effects is high and the drug might not work as expected. Inform your doctor about all the medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements if you are using any so that your physician can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. You may be more prone to get side effects if you are already suffering some types of health issues. Use the medicine as directed by your Doctor. Dosage is based on your condition. Consult your doctor immediately if your condition doesn’t improve or prolongs.
- Norfloxacin is not recommended to use in patients suffering weakness of muscles
- Usage result sleeplessness, nervousness, and increased heartbeats
- Consult your doctor if your skin becomes sensitive to sunlight and ultraviolet light
- Consult a physician in case of second and third trimester of pregnancy
- Consult your physician if you are on blood-thinning drugs such as warfarin
Generally, this medicine is not recommended to use for pregnant women, but if the benefits of using it are higher to the side effects, it is advised to use with caution and proper medical supervision.
This medicine is not advised to use in lactating mothers, and if it is strongly required, shall use only with proper guidance only if the benefits are more to the side effects it causes.
Norflox 400 Dosage
The dosage generally prescribed to adults is 1 tablet twice daily for Five days or as directed by the physician.
Norflox 400 Drug Interactions
If you use other over the counter products or drugs while using this medicine, there is a chance of higher rate risk or side effects. It is important to inform your doctor about your current list of medications, supplements, or any general health products so that your doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Norflox 400 may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Ascorbic acid
Substitutes for Norflox 400
Below is the list of drugs, which have the same composition, strength, and form as Norflox 400, and hence can be used as its substitute:
- Alflox 400 MG Tablet – Alkem Laboratories Ltd
- Embenor 400mg Tablet – Abbott Pharma
- Nortee 400mg Tablet – Zydus Cadila
- Enflox 400 MG Tablet – Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd
- Loxone 400 MG Tablet – Micro Labs Ltd
- Tamflox 400mg Tablet – Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Norilet 400 MG Tablet – Dr. Reddys Laboratories Ltd
- Uroflox 400 MG Tablet – Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.