Neurobion Forte is a combination of B complex vitamins that help in strengthening the immunity system, improving metabolism, and maintaining healthy nervous system. Get to know how Neurobion Forte works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Neurobion Forte is not suggested.
Neurobion Forte composition and active ingredients
Neurobion Forte film coated tab contains the following essential vitamins such as:
Few General benefits are like:
- It prevents early cell degeneration
- It lowers cholesterol levels
- It helps in the formation of RBC’s and nerve tissues
- It helps the heart muscles to relax.
- It normalizes the nerve signals to the brain
- It provides all other benefits of the vitamins
In case you do not have a prescription for Neurobion but wish to look at what other multi-vitamin products are available online that don’t need a prescription, here is a useful link.
Protective Sports Gear – Attractive Deals!
Neurobion Forte uses
Mentioned below are the major recommendations of this health supplement:
- Vitamin B12 deficiencies
- Neck and shoulders nerve pain
- Neurological diseases caused by vitamin deficiencies
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Permanent nerve damage
- Alcoholic peripheral neuritis and post-influenzal neuropathies
- Can be used in Neuritis and neuralgia of the spinal nerves
- Folic acid deficiency
- Vitamin B3 deficiency
Injection: Treatment of peripheral nervous system disorders
- sciatica and shoulder-arm syndrome,
- intercostals neuralgia,
- trigeminal neuralgia,
- facial palsy,
- herpes zoster
- diabetic neuropathy
- optic neuritis,
- numbness of the extremities
- Hyperemesis gravidarum
- Vitamin B deficiency
- Cerebrovascular accidents
Neurobion Forte injection can be used as a supplement to the treatment with
- Isoniazid, reserpine, and the phenothiazines
Neurobion Forte can also be used as a supplement in various conditions such as:
- High LDL cholesterol
- Clogged arteries
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Mental disorders
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Addisonian anemia
Side-effects of Neurobion Forte
As this is a multivitamin supplement, generally it is safe to use but some side effects may be possible if taken in large doses. Below are the possible side effects due to large dosage:
- Hypersensitive reactions such as itching, urticaria may occur very rarely
- Abdominal pain
- Long-term use may result in peripheral sensory neuropathy
- Tachycardia- increased heart rate – Very rare
- Tightness in the chest
- Swelling in the face, lips, tongue or throat
Contraindications of Neurobion Forte
If you are Hypersensitive to Neurobion Forte or its ingredients then consuming this drug is not indicated. It is not recommended for use in children below 14 years of age due to their high content of vitamin B complex
In addition, Neurobion Forte should not be used if you have the following ailments:
- Atrophic gastritis
- Active peptic ulcer
- Acute myocardial infarction
- Kidney or liver disease
- Condition of increased mast cells
- Diabetes mellitus
- Cardiac arrhythmias
Precautions while taking Neurobion Forte
If you use other over the counter drugs at the same time, the effects of the Neurobion Forte may change increasing chances of getting side effects. Inform your doctor about your current medication including all OTC, Vitamin supplements, Herbal medicine, and health condition. It would help your doctor to prescribe accordingly so as to avoid any possible side effects. Some health conditions may increase susceptibility to the side-effects of the drug. Take it as directed by your doctor or follow the directions printed on the product insert. Dosage of the medicine is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition is not improved or it worsens. Essential counseling points are listed below.
- Difficulty in breathing
- Not recommended in case if you are allergic to its ingredients
- Not recommended in pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Not recommended to use if suffering any health problems related to kidneys or liver failure
You can consume Neurobion Forte during pregnancy. Discuss the risks and benefits of the drug with your doctor.
After consuming Neurobion Forte, it passes into breast milk and is considered to be safe during breastfeeding. Consult your doctor before taking for more information.
Neurobion Forte Dosage
Before taking Neurobion Forte it is important to discuss with your physician or pharmacist regarding appropriate dosage required for your needs to avoid side-effects. Take one capsule orally after meals as directed by your physician.
Neurobion coated tablets is not recommended for use in children less than 14 years of age due to their high active substance content
Protective Sports Gear – Attractive Deals!
Neurobion Forte – Drug interactions
Using the over the counter products or drugs at the same time may alter the effects of Neurobion Forte. This may increase the risk of side-effects or it may not work properly. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, vitamins, and other herbal supplements you are currently using, so that your doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Neurobion Forte may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Loop diuretics such as furosemide
- Pyridoxine antagonists – isoniazid, hydralazine, d-penicillamine, cycloserine
- Acid-lowering agents
- Beverages containing sulfite
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Dr. Alekhya is an experienced dental surgeon with over five years of clinical experience in prestigious dental clinics in Hyderabad, India. She graduated as a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) from MNR Dental College in 2012.
Dr. Alekhya has also been involved with notable campaigns and health awareness programs. She is presently employed with Immertive where she supervises the development of virtual reality and augmented reality based applications for training healthcare professionals. In addition to following her career, Dr. Alekhya is very passionate about sharing her knowledge as a guest contributor on various health-related publications including HealthClues.
Leave a Review
How did you find the information presented in this article? Would you like us to add any other information? Help us improve by providing your rating and review comments. Thank you in advance!