Mucaine Gel is a very readily available countertop medicine for relief in acidity, Acid Reflux, Heartburn, and ulcers. Get to know how Mucaine Gel works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Mucaine Gel is not suggested.
Mucaine Gel 200 ml is an antacid available as syrup in 100 ml and 500 ml amber colored bottles. Each 5 mL is a chemically synthesized syrup of 10 mg oxethazaine in alumina gel. It also contains aluminum hydroxide 291 mg and magnesium hydroxide 98 mg. 0.45 % of sodium benzoate and 0.05 % of benzoic acid acts as preservatives.
Some brand manufacturers
Mucaine price is very affordable price, and the gel is very effective. Doctor’s always advisable to buy from trusted brands like Pfizer Laboratories Ltd., Wyeth, Abbott Labs and more.
How does the medication work?
The active compounds in Mucaine Gel – Alumina gel, and magnesium hydroxide, react chemically with the acidic component of esophagus and stomach. Both the compounds neutralize the effect of acid that is surplus. The medicine does not impact the production of acid thereby causing any long-term side effects.
The chemical reaction that happens after the consumption of medicine is that the gastric pH level is elevated. The Alumina Gel when consumed undiluted develops a coating over the mucous lining of stomach for a duration that varies from person to person. While the Alumina Gel forms a coat, Oxethazaine works as an antispasmodic by smoothing the muscles.
Shop DonJoy Orthopedic Products on HealthClues
Are you Looking for a Knee Brace that is best in class. Check the options available at our Online Portal.
Mucaine gel uses and benefits
Clinically used to ebb the symptoms of acidity Mucaine finds its benefits in a broad spectrum:
- Relief in Bloated stomach
- Mucaine Gel for Acid Reflux control
- Anal Hemorrhoid and fissure pain
- Heartburn and ulcers
- Inflammatory skin diseases
- Chronic digestive disorders
- Stomach ache
- Magnesium deficiency in the blood
Mucaine drug side effects
Mucaine Gel orange is a very useful treatment but may cause some side-effects. If any of the side-effects persists, you are advised to consult your doctor as soon as possible. The side-effects vary from often too rare.
- Recurring Nausea
- Acute diarrhea
- Gastric discomfort
- Palpitation and dip in blood pressure
- Skin Rash
- Stomach upset
Mucaine gel dosage
Note: Dosage depends on patient’s condition and severity. Please consult your Doctor for proper advice about dosage and how to use directions. Dosages mentioned here are for informative purpose only.
- Mucaine dosage is used in combination with Oxethazine to form an anesthetic antacid gel in treating pain in hyperacidity.
- Do follow the advised dosage as directed by your doctor or follow the instructions provided on the label carefully.
- As per recommended dosage, the syrup must be consumed 15 min before or after food.
- The medicine must be consumed undiluted.
What to do if missed a dose?
In case you miss a dose, make sure you check out the next scheduled dosage time to avoid it being too close. If the next dose is not close, take the missed dose immediately but in case it is, it is advised to skip the missed dose and follow the recommended schedule as per the instructions by the doctor.
What to do in the case used an overdose of Mucaine?
Even if the symptoms of hyperacidity persist, it is not at all advisable to overdose Mucaine. Consuming more than the recommended amount of medicine can cause minor to severe side-effects. Immediately consult your doctor or nearest hospital to avoid any severe consequences.
Be Careful with Contraindications
- If you are on an antibiotic that has tetracycline as an active compound inform your doctor before starting with Mucaine Gel.
- If in the past you have shown allergic reactions to Mucaine avoid it.
- Must avoid Mucaine if you have history of appendicitis.
- Patients with Renal issues must let their doctor know so that he can advise medicine without Magnesium.
- Mucaine Gel use in pregnancy is not recommended.
Appropriate Storage conditions
- Store Mucaine below 25 degree Celsius
- Do not refrigerate or freeze
- Keep it away from the reach of children
- Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of expired contents
Keep an eye on these Warning signs
Get a complete diagnostic study done before starting Mucaine. Gastrointestinal Carcinoma is a serious indication of Mucaine usage.
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Ms. Nikita Saraswat graduated as a gold medalist in B. Pharma from Uttar Pradesh Technical University in 2012. Subsequently, she has earned a Master in Pharmacology from Council of Scientific Research – Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow (CSIR-IITR). She currently serves as an Assistant Professor as well as pursuing a Ph.D. in Pharmacology. Nikita is also a passionate author who loves to keep herself updated with the latest advances in medicine and health. She regularly publishes her writings on medicine at HealthClues and has also published various research papers and healthcare books in reputed publications including the Bentham Science Journal, UGC and Clarivate Analytics indexed journals.