Montair-Lc is an antihistamine medication used to treat symptoms of asthma, runny nose, allergic conditions, seasonal allergic rhinitis, dust or pet allergies, itchy or watery eyes, sneezing, and other conditions. Get to know how Montair Lc works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Montair Lc is not suggested.
Composition and Active Ingredients of Montair Lc
Montair Lc is composed of the following active ingredients:
- Levocetirizine – 5 mg
- Montelukast – 10 mg
Manufactured By – Cipla Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Prescription – Required
Form – Syrup, Tablets, and Sachets
Type of Drug – Antiallergic
How does Montair Lc work?
Montair Lc improves the patient’s condition by performing the following activities:
- CysLTs (cysteinyl leukotrienes – LTC4, LTD4, LTE4) are correlated with the pathophysiology of asthma and allergic rhinitis. Montelukast binds with the CysLT1receptor and inhibits physiologic actions of LTD4 at the CysLT1 receptor without any agonist activity.
- Histamine plays a major role in many allergic reactions, dilating blood vessels and making the vessel walls abnormally permeable. Histamine is part of the body’s natural allergic response to substances such as pollens. Levocetrizine competes with endogenous histamine for binding at the peripheral H1-receptor sites on the effector cell surface preventing actions of histamine thereby blocking the allergic reaction and reduces the swelling of the airways and makes breathing easier
Montair Lc Uses
Montair Lc is used for the control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, and treatment such as:
- Symptoms of allergic conditions
- Perennial allergic rhinitis
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Dust or pet allergies
- Chronic asthma
- Hay fever
- Ear-round allergies
- Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nose
- Reddish itchy welts (red bumps on the surface of the skin)
- Exercise-induced asthma
Shop DonJoy Orthopedic Products on HealthClues
Are you Looking for a Knee Brace that is best in class. Check the options available at our Online Portal.
Montair-Lc side effects
There is a chance of getting some side effects too along with the intended benefits. These side-effects are possible but do not always occur. Some of these side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor immediately if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away. The Common side effects of Montair-Lc include:
- Dry Mouth
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Blurred vision
- Running Nose and Cough
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Feeling sick
- Nose bleeds
- Abdominal pain
Montair Lc – Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of Montair Lc is a contraindication. In addition, Montair Lc should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic reactions
- Severe renal impairment at less than 10 ml/min creatinine clearance
- Patients undergoing hemodialysis
- Children of age 6 months to 11 years with impaired renal function
- Rare hereditary problems of glucose intolerance, Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsoprtion
Montair-Lc – Precautions
Inform your doctor before taking this medicine. Consult your doctor immediately if you are suffering from any of the below listed medical conditions Allergic (hypersensitive) to levocetirizine
- Avoid Alcohol
- Not to be abruptly substituted for inhaled or oral corticosteroids
- As the tablet can cause drowsiness one should avoid getting indulged in focused attention seeking tasks like driving and working with heavy machinery etc.
- If you notice any signs of Churg-Strauss Syndrome
- Asthma which is precipitated by Aspirin or any other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Should not be used for children of age less than six months
- Old aged patients
- Acute bronchospasm
Montair Lc tablet Dosage
The dosage of Montair-Lc depends on the severity of your condition, medical history, age and your body’s reaction after the 1st dose. Your physician should be informed about your medical history and condition, along with certain conditions like allergies, pregnancy, enlarged prostate or kidney disease before you are prescribed to the Montair-Lc. You can take Montair-Lc with food or without food. Also, it is better to take it during the evening, as that can prevent you from feeling drowsy in the daytime. Do not take an extra dose of the drug if you skipped one dose, as it can lead to other side effects.
Montair Lc – Drug Interactions
If you use other over the counter drugs or other products at the same time, the effects of the Montair Lc may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your physician about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, herbal supplements, and vitamins. Montair Lc Tablet may interact with the following drugs and products:
Substitute medicines for Montair Lc
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength, and dosage form as Montair Lc, and hence can be used as its substitute:
- Alocet m tablet – Vilberry Healthcare PVT LTD
- Airmont l tablet – Intra labs india PVT LTD
- Airlung tablet – Biochem pharmaceutical industries LTD
- Fluencia l tablet – Wanbury LTD
- Monticope tablet – Mankind pharma PVT LTD
- Rzine m tablet – Aurz pharmaceutical PVT LTD
- Montina l (aristo) tablet – Aristo pharmaceuticals PVT LTD
- Ebmont l tablet – MMC health care LTD
- Elu lc tablet – Corona remedies PVT LTD
- Breathezy l tablet – MSN laboratories PVT LTD
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Dr. Alekhya is an experienced dental surgeon with over five years of clinical experience in prestigious dental clinics in Hyderabad, India. She graduated as a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) from MNR Dental College in 2012.
Dr. Alekhya has also been involved with notable campaigns and health awareness programs. She is presently employed with Immertive where she supervises the development of virtual reality and augmented reality based applications for training healthcare professionals. In addition to following her career, Dr. Alekhya is very passionate about sharing her knowledge as a guest contributor on various health-related publications including HealthClues.