Mitigate Tablet is a NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug), prescribed for people with painful rheumatic conditions such as Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoarthritis, and Ankylosing spondylitis. Mitigate Tablet works by blocking the effect of COX (cyclo-oxygenase) enzymes which make chemical prostaglandins at sites of trauma or injury, causing inflammation, pain and swelling. It reduces pain and inflammation. This drug is available in tablet form and is taken orally. Mitigate should not be given during pregnancy or to mothers who are breastfeeding. And this medicine is not recommended for children.
Mitigate P (Paracetomol 500mg and 100mg Aceclofenac) and Mitigate SR 200 mg are the brand drugs available.
Mitigate Tablet used to treat following conditions:
It is used to treat symptoms like joint stiffness, pain and swelling associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
It is used to treat symptoms like joint stiffness, painful joints of the knee, hip, neck, lower back associated with Osteoarthritis.
Mitigate Tablet is used to treat symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis such as spinal stiffness and pain.
Mitigate Tablet also used in:
- Sprains of muscles and joints
- Mild to moderate pain in cases like kidney stones and gallstones
- Dysmenorrhea (painful periods or menstrual cramps)
- Polymyositis (inflammation of muscles)
- Dental pain
- TMJ (temporomandibular joint) pain
Mitigate tablet has shown drug interactions with the following drugs-
Mitigate Tablet contraindicated in following conditions:
Avoid if you have allergy to Mitigate Tablet or other NSAIDs
Mitigate Tablet is not contraindicated if you are diagnosed with asthma or other respiratory complications.
If you are suffering from any bleeding disorder Mitigate Tablet is not recommended for you. It could cause severe swelling and bleed in the intestines, stomach, and anus.
Mitigate Tablet-side effects:
In addition to its intended effect, Mitigate Tablet may cause some unwanted effects too. If you experience any of the following side effects consult your doctor immediately.
- Skin Rash
- Itching, increased sweating
- Abdominal Pain
- Increased blood pressure
Shop DonJoy Orthopedic Products on HealthClues
Are you Looking for a Knee Brace that is best in class. Check the options available at our Online Portal.
Doctor’s advice for Mitigate Tablet:
- Mitigate Tablet is a very safe and well-tolerated medicine for short-term use
- Consuming high dose or taking long term Mitigate Tablet can cause kidney problems and stomach bleeding
- If you are suffering from kidney disease, inform your doctor first. Your dose may need to be adjusted
- When you taking Mitigate Tablet, Avoid excess intake of alcohol, together they can affect your liver
- If you have taken overdoses of Mitigate, immediately inform your doctor or contact a hospital emergency and you are feeling unwell
Taking more than prescribed Mitigate Tablet may cause harmful side effects. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you find any side effects.
If you miss the dosage take as soon as possible, and if it is near to next dose, skip the missing dosage continue the regular dosage. Do not take extra doses.
Mitigate Tablet is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary and the potential benefits outweigh the risks involved. This medicine is not known to cause any harm to the fetus, but should only be used after consultation with your doctor.
Mitigate Tablet is safe to use during breastfeeding. Before taking this medicine consult your doctor.
Precautions before taking Mitigate Tablet:
Some medications are not suitable for people with certain ailments, and sometimes a medicine may only be used if extra care is taken. For these reasons, before you start taking Mitigate, it is important that your doctor knows:
- If you have asthma or any other allergic disorder
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have high blood pressure
- If you have stomach ulcer, or if you have an inflammatory bowel disorder such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease
- If you have a heart condition or a problem with your circulation or blood vessels
- If you have any blood clotting problems
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other medicines (such as aspirin, naproxen, and ibuprofen), or to any other NSAIDs.
- If you have a connective tissue disorder, such as a condition called SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus)
- If you have kidney and liver problems
Substitutes for Mitigate Tablet:
Below is the list of drugs, which have the same composition, strength, and form as Mitigate Tablet, and hence can be used as its substitute:
- Aroff 200 MG Tablet SR
- Acuflam 200 MG Tablet SR
- Artigag 200 MG Tablet SR
- Valus Sr 200 MG Tablet SR
- Dolokind 200 MG Tablet SR
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Dr. Divya has been pursuing Dentistry for about 5 years now. Endodontics and Orthodontics are her areas of interest and she holds a BDS degree from Govt. Dental College, Vijayawada, AP. Besides pursuing her career as a Dentist, she is passionate about Technical writing and is spending her free time in writing medical articles to bring awareness and share medical knowledge to the public.