Table of Contents
- What is Maxifort Zimax 100mg?
- Maxifort Zimax 100mg composition
- History behind the Maxifort Zimax
- Maxifort Zimax 100mg Indications
- How does Maxifort Zimax work? (Maxifort Zimax Mechanism of Action)
- How to Take Maxifort Zimax 100mg ?
- Common Maxifort Zimax 100mg Dose
- When to Avoid Maxifort Zimax?
- Maxifort Zimax Side Effects
- Effects on organs
- Warnings and Precautions
- Reported Allergic Reactions
- Effect of Maxifort Zimax on the menstrual cycle
- Drug Interactions To Be Careful About
- Food interactions of Maxifort Zimax
- Interactions with laboratory procedures
- How Long Does the Effect Stay?
- Is Maxifort Zimax Addictive?
- Can I have Maxifort Zimax with alcohol?
- Can I have Maxifort Zimax When Pregnant?
- Can I have Maxifort Zimax when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Maxifort Zimax?
- Effect of an overdose of Maxifort Zimax
- Effect of using expired Maxifort Zimax
- Effect of missing a dose of Maxifort Zimax
- Storage requirements
- Substitutes for Maxifort Zimax
What is Maxifort Zimax?
Maxifort Zimax is a prescription medicine used to treat conditions like Erectile Dysfunction, Pulmonary Hypertension, and Sexual Dysfunction in men.
Maxifort Zimax composition
Maxifort Zimax is composed of Sildenafil as active ingredient and belongs to Phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitors group of drugs.
Shop DonJoy Orthopedic Products on HealthClues
Are you Looking for a Knee Brace that is best in class. Check the options available at our Online Portal.
History behind the Maxifort Zimax
Sildenafil was initially synthesized in England at research facilities of Pfizer’s pharmaceuticals.
Maxifort Zimax Indications
Maxifort Zimax is prescribed to treat conditions like –
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Sexual Dysfunction
How does Maxifort Zimax work? (Maxifort Zimax Mechanism of Action)
Maxifort Zimax works by relaxing the blood vessels and increasing the blood flow to certain body parts, in this case to the muscles in the penis that support the erection for successful participation sex.
How to Take Maxifort Zimax?
Maxifort Zimax is available in the form of oral tablets and is advised to consume the whole tablet with glass of water.
Common Maxifort Zimax Dose
Dosage of Maxifort Zimax depends on the condition that is being treated and maximum ideal daily dose is 100mg.
When to Avoid Maxifort Zimax 100mg?
Maxifort Zimax is not advised to use in patients suffering from certain types of health issues as mentioned below –
- Cardiac issues
- Liver impairment
- Kidneys impairment
- High blood pressure
- Low blood pressure
- Patients using Nitrate drugs
- Patients suffering from genetically inherited health issues like inherited retinal dystrophies, or IRDs
Maxifort Zimax 100mg Side Effects
Apart from the intended benefits of the medicine, it can possibly show some side effects in some patients. Below mentioned are some examples of commonly possible side effects.
- Headache and dizziness
- Blurred vision
- Runny or stuffy nose, nosebleeds
- Muscle pain
- Back pain
- Upset stomach
Effects on organs
Patients suffering with liver, cardiac or kidney issues and blood pressure issues have high complications of side effects.
Warnings and Precautions
- It is not advised to use this medicine if the patient is already using certain medications line nitrates.
- It is advised to use with medical supervision in case of patients suffering other health issues.
- This medicine is not advised to use more than 100mg per day to avoid complications
Reported Allergic Reactions
In rare cases Maxifort Zimax may show allergic reactions such as hives, itching, swelling in face, tongue, lips, and make breathing difficulties.
Effect of Maxifort Zimax on the menstrual cycle
Alteration of menstrual cycles is not known as limited data is available on that aspect. But some clinical researches have shown that some women see drastic reduction in menstrual cramps when used by vaginal administration of the medicine.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
Maxifort Zimax is known to interact with some types of drugs, some examples are –
- Isosorbide Dinitrate
- Isosorbide Mononitrate
- Amyl Nitrate or Nitrite
Food interactions of Maxifort Zimax 100mg
Maxifort Zimax is known to show food interactions with grapefruits and grapefruit juice that result in increased levels of the medicine in the patient body which further delays the effectiveness of medication after administration.
Interactions with laboratory procedures
Limited data is available on the interaction of Maxifort Zimax on laboratory procedures. Inform your doctor about the prescription medicine before any diagnosis.
How Long Does the Effect Stay?
The effect of the medicine is shown within 30 minutes and may last up to 4 hours after administration.
Is Maxifort Zimax Addictive?
No drug addiction is noticed in case of Maxifort Zimax (Sildenafil)
Can I have Maxifort Zimax with alcohol?
It is not advised to use Maxifort Zimax along with alcohol due to increased risk of side effects.
Can I have Maxifort Zimax When Pregnant?
No, this medicine is not advised to use in pregnant women patients.
Can I have Maxifort Zimax when feeding a baby?
This medicine is prescribed in men in most cases and rarely in women patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension. Hence the question of using it during breastfeeding doesn’t come into the picture. This medicine is not advised to use in breastfeeding mothers.
Can I drive after taking Maxifort Zimax?
Maxifort Zimax possibly causes dizziness and blurred vision in some patients. It is not advised to do activities that need alertness while using this medicine.
Effect of an overdose of Maxifort Zimax
Never take an excess dose of medicine to avoid complications. Consult your doctor if an overdose of Maxifort Zimax happens. The intensity of side effects may be high if overdosed and some may experience a prolonged erection for more hours. Consult the doctor immediately if an overdose happens.
Effect of using expired Maxifort Zimax
Using expired medicine may not show the intended benefits and moreover may cause unintended complications in some situations. It is advised to check for the manufactured date and expiry date on the label while purchasing the medicine as a safety measure to avoid complications.
Effect of missing a dose of Maxifort Zimax
Possibility of missing the dose is rare in case of this medicine as it is a need base medication used as per the need.
It is advised to store this medicine at room temperature away from sunlight and direct heat and away from reach to kids and pets.
Substitutes for Maxifort Zimax
Below mentioned medicine may be prescribed as an alternative to the Maxifort Zimax.