Manforce Tablet is an Allopathic drug, manufactured by Mankind Pharma. This drug is citrate salt of sildenafil and used in the treatment of Erectile Dysfunction (ED). Read on to know about working, side effects, precautions and contraindications of Manforce tablet.
About Manforce Tablet
Erectile dysfunction or impotence is the inability to attain or keep an erection firm enough to have sexual intercourse. Manforce Tablet works by increasing blood flow to the penis to maintain a better erection and relaxing the muscles. Manforce Tablet helps to erectile dysfunction but it is not the cure for the condition. It is neither an aphrodisiac nor a hormone. This tablet helps to maintain the erection when a man is sexually excited. Manforce Tablet is taken 1 hour before the sexual intercourse. It should be taken only once in a day. Excess dose has many side effects on the body. Manforce tablet is a prescription drug and should be taken under doctor’s supervision.
Composition and Active Ingredients
Manforce tablet contains Sildenafil citrate as active ingredient
How does Manforce Tablet work?
Sildenafil helps the muscles found in walls of blood vessels relax, thus increases blood flow to particular areas of the body thereby helps in attaining and maintaining erection.
Shop DonJoy Orthopedic Products on HealthClues
Are you Looking for a Knee Brace that is best in class. Check the options available at our Online Portal.
Manforce Tablet Uses and Benefits
Manforce Tablet is used to manage erectile dysfunction.
Manforce Tablet Side Effects
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to this drug or its ingredients.
Stop taking this medicine and get emergency medical help if you have:
- Heart attack symptoms – chest pain or pressure, pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder, nausea, sweating
- Changes in Vision or sudden vision loss
- Erection is painful or lasts longer than 2-4 hours (prolonged erection can damage the penis)
Call your physician at once if you have:
- Ringing in your ears, or sudden hearing loss
- Shortness of breath
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swelling of your hands, ankles, or feet
- Seizure (
- Flushing (warmth, redness, or tingly feeling)
- Headache and dizziness
- Abnormal vision (blurred vision, changes in color vision)
- Runny or stuffy nose, nosebleeds
- Sleep problems (insomnia)
- Muscle pain, back pain
- Upset stomach
Manforce Tablet Contraindications
The following individuals should not take Manforce Tablet, or should check with their physician first:
- Those on nitric oxide donors, nitrates, and organic nitrites
- People with severe liver impairment
- People with kidney disease
- Those who have had a recent heart attack or stroke
- Individuals with hereditary degenerative retinal disorders
- Individuals with hypotension (low blood pressure)
- Men who are advised to refrain from sexual intercourse because of cardiovascular risk factors
Dosage of Manforce Tablet
Manforce tablet should be taken as needed, approximately 1 hour before sexual activity. For most men, the most suitable dose is 50 mg (milligram). and is taken anywhere from 1 hour to 4 hours before sexual activity. Depending on toleration and effectiveness, it can be reduced to 25 mg or increased to 100 mg. It should be taken once daily.
Some drugs are not safe to take with Manforce Tablet. Specifically, Manforce Tablet shouldn’t be used in combination with a nitrate drug for treating chest pain or heart problems. This includes nitroglycerin, isosorbide mononitrate, isosorbide dinitrate, amyl nitrate, or nitrite “poppers”.
Precautions and Warning while taking Manforce Tablet
Taking Manforce Tablet with a nitrate drug can cause a sudden and dangerous drop in blood pressure.
Also, you shouldn’t use the medicine for pulmonary hypertension if you’re taking Manforce Tablet.
Before you start on Manforce Tablet, tell your physician if you have or have ever had:
- High or low blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- A stroke
- Kidney or liver disease
- Heart disease, a heart attack, heart failure, or heart rhythm problems
- A blood disorder, such as multiple myeloma, leukemia, or sickle cell anemia
- A bleeding disorder, such as hemophilia
- Allergies to medications
- Blood circulation problems
- Blockages in the veins of the lungs
- Stomach ulcers
Tell your physician if you have ever had an erection that lasted for several hours, if you smoke, or if you’ve recently been dehydrated.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you’ve been told not to have sex for health reasons before starting on Manforce Tablet.
Manforce Tablet can lower blood flow to the optic nerve in your eye, which may cause sudden vision loss. Most people who experience this complication also have heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, or specific eye problems. Being a smoker and over 50 years of age also increases the risk of vision issues.
Manforce Tablet shouldn’t be used by anyone under 18 years of age unless a doctor tells you otherwise.
Let your doctor know you’re taking Manforce Tablet before having any type of surgery, including a dental procedure.
Substitutes for Manforce Tablet
Below mentioned are the list of few example medicines that have the same strength, and composition as of Manforce Tablet, Hence they may also be prescribed as a substitute for this drug.
- Intagra 100mg Tablet – Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Vigora 100mg Tablet – Zydus Cadila
- Zestasil 100mg Tablet – TVB Healthcare
- Penegra 100mg Tablet – Zydus Cadila
- Viagra 100mg Tablet – Pfizer Ltd
- Sexigra 100mg Tablet – Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- etsExygra 100mg Tablet – Morepen Laboratories Ltd
- Agra 100mg Tablet – Alliaance Biotech
- Powerman 100mg Tablet – Psychotropics India Ltd
- Sidnakind Tablet – Mankind Pharma Ltd
- Silagra 100mg Tablet – Cipla Ltd
- Suhagra 100mg Tablet – Cipla Ltd
- Instarise 100mg Tablet – Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Macsutra 100mg Tablet – Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Caverta 100mg Tablet – Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Mr. Rohit Jain is a Pharmaceutical techno-marketing trainer with more than 10 years of industrial experience. In his previous assignment, he was Senior Product Manager, heading the Product Management Team at an organization of repute. Mr. Jain is B. Pharma, MBA, PGDBM, LL.B. and is a Registered Patent Agent. He also has a Professional Diploma in Clinical Research and is also a certified Pharmacovigilance Professional. He was involved in delivering medico-marketing training to on-the-field marketing professionals as well as in-house business development professionals. Mr. Rohit Jain is a prolific medical content writer and had written more than 500 medical articles spreading over varied therapeutic areas. Mr. Jain has a keen interest in learning about the latest happenings of the pharmaceutical and medical industry.