Macfast 650 is a brand name of oral tablets which is generally used in the treatment for pain relief and fever. It has both pain relieving (analgesic) and antipyretic (fever reducer) properties. Get to know how Macfast works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Macfast is not suggested.
Macfast 650 mg Tablet – Key Ingredient
The main ingredient drug in this medicine is Paracetamol otherwise called as Acetaminophen. It is available in the quality of 650mg in each tablet. It is manufactured and marketed by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd. It is available in the packaging of 15 tablets per strip.
How does it work?
Macfast 650 tablet has Paracetamol as the main working generic component. Hence, its working can be understood from the fact that it is a member of 2 families of medicines, namely, fever reducers (antipyretics) and painkillers (analgesics). This drug gets absorbed fully speedily when administered orally.
As an antipyretic, it specifically works upon that part of the brain which regulates the temperature of the body. As a result of this, the flow of blood across the skin is increased. Also, there is heat loss and sweating too which brings down the fever. The analgesic action of Paracetamol is to increase the threshold of pain in the body, thereby decreasing and relieving the pain.
This medicine takes half an hour to 1 hour to start its action, which lasts for 6 hours.
Uses of Macfast 650 MG Tablet
Macfast 650 Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions, and symptoms:
- Joint pain
- Ear pain
- Period’s pain
Contraindications for Macfast 650 Tablet
Macfast 650 tablet contraindicated or not prescribed if are suffering from following conditions:
- Liver Disease
- Analgesic Nephropathy (Kidney Disease)
Side effects of Macfast 650 Tablet
Below mentioned side effects are possible but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Macfast 650 Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. Consult your doctor if you notice any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Skin reddening
- Allergic reactions
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling of sickness
- Liver damage
- Gastric / Mouth Ulcer
- Running nose
Doctor’s advice for MACFAST 650 Tablet
- Macfast is a very safe and well-tolerated medicine for short-term use
- Consuming high dose of Macfast could cause serious liver damage
- If you are suffering from liver disease, inform your doctor first. Your dose may need to be adjusted
- Avoid excess intake of alcohol while using this medicine, together they can affect your liver
- If you have taken an overdose of Macfast Immediately inform your doctor or contact a hospital emergency and you are feeling unwell
Macfast 650 mg Tablet – Precautions & How to Use
Before using this medicine, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take this tablet as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition and symptoms. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens.
Taking more than prescribed Macfast 650 mg tablet may cause harmful side effects. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you find any side effects. Macfast 650 mg tablet available in the market in various dosage forms. Read the label carefully before taking this medicine to avoid overdosage.
If you miss the dosage take as soon as possible, and if it is near to next dose, skip the missing dosage continue the regular dosage. Do not take extra doses.
- Avoid Taking Combiflam with alcohol it can increase the risk of stomach bleeding
- Macfast 650 mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy consult your doctor before taking this drug
- Macfast 650 mg Tablet is safe to use during lactation but it’s important to consult your doctor
- Macfast 650 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor before consuming this medication
- Macfast 650 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with renal disease. Dose adjustment of Combiflam may be needed. Please consult your doctor before taking medication
Substitute tablets for Macfast 650
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength, and form as Macfast 650 MG Tablet, and hence can be used as its substitute.
- Calpol 650mg Tablet – Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Dolo 650mg Tablet – Micro Labs Ltd
- 650mg Tablet – Cipla Ltd
- XT Para 650mg Tablet – Unichem Laboratories Ltd
- Dolopar 650mg Tablet – Micro Labs Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Dr. Kaleem Mohammed graduated as a Bachelor of Physiotherapy in 2014 from Deccan College of Physiotherapy, affiliated to Dr. N.T.R. University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, India. Dr. Kaleem is an expert at handling physiotherapy needs of patients suffering from orthopedic and spinal conditions and post-surgery rehabilitation. Dr. Kaleem is associated with HealthClues since its inception where he facilitates diagnosis and advanced consultation with senior doctors. He is also a medical researcher and prolific writer who loves sharing insightful commentaries and useful tips to educate the patient community about fitness, treatment options, and post-treatment recovery.