L Montus is an antihistamine medicine used to relieve symptoms of asthma, runny nose, allergic conditions, seasonal allergic rhinitis, dust or pet allergies, itchy or watery eyes, sneezing. Get to know how L Montus works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where L Montus is not suggested.
How does L Montus work?
L Montus improves the patient’s condition by performing the following activities:
Levocetirizine is an antiallergic which blocks a chemical messenger (histamine) responsible for runny nose, watery eyes and sneezing. Montelukast is a leukotriene antagonist. It works by blocking another chemical messenger (leukotriene).
Composition of L Montus
L Montus is manufactured by Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd and is composed of the following active ingredients:
- Levocetirizine – 5 MG
- Montelukast – 10 MG
L Montus Uses
L Montus is used for the control, prevention, and improvement of the following diseases, and treatment such as:
- Symptoms of allergic conditions
- Perennial allergic rhinitis
- Dust or pet allergies
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Chronic asthma
- Hay fever
- Ear-round allergies
- Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nose
- Reddish itchy (red bumps on the surface of the skin)
- Swelling of the skin
- Exercise-induced asthma
L Montus Tablet Dosage
- The dosage of L Montus depends on the severity of your condition, age, medical history and your body’s reaction after the 1st dose.
- Let your doctor know about your general health condition and any allergies, enlarged prostrate or a kidney disease before he prescribes you this medicine.
- This drug can cause dryness of mouth. Hence its advised to drink plenty of water.
Follow the instructions by your doctor while using this medicine and never use overdose if you miss a certain dosage schedule, as it can lead to side effects.
L Montus Side Effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of L Montus.. Consult your physician if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away. The common side effects of L Montus include:
- Dry Mouth
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Blurred vision
- Running Nose and Cough
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Feeling sick
L Montus Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to ingredients of L Montus is a contraindication. In addition, L Montus should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic reactions
- Children below the age of six years
- Severe renal impairment.
Pregnancy and Lactation
It is safe during pregnancy and breast feeding. However its usage is recommended only after consulting your physician.
L Montus Precautions
If you are suffering from any of the below listed medical conditions, you should avoid or consult doctor or pharmacist before using L Montus tablet:
- If you are allergic to certain medication like Levocetirizine
- Avoid alcohol consumption while you are using this medication
- You may feel drowsy while using this medicine, hence advised to avoid task that need your alertness like driving.
- In cases where any kind of signs are noticed for Churg-Strauss Syndrome
- Asthma which is precipitated by Aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Children of age less than six months
- Old aged patients
- Acute bronchospasm.
L Montus Drug Interactions
If you use other over the counter products or other drugs at the same time, the effects of the L Montus may change. Inform your physician about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, herbal supplements, and vitamins. L Montus Tablet may interact with the following drugs and products:
Substitute Medicines for L Montus
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength, and form as L Montus, and hence can be used as its substitute:
- Montovent LC – Micro Labs Ltd
- Allerkast LC – Lupin Ltd
- Montecip LC – Cipla Ltd
- Levozet M – Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Lazine M – Hetero Drugs Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Dr. Divya has been pursuing Dentistry for about 5 years now. Endodontics and Orthodontics are her areas of interest and she holds a BDS degree from Govt. Dental College, Vijayawada, AP. Besides pursuing her career as a Dentist, she is passionate about Technical writing and is spending her free time in writing medical articles to bring awareness and share medical knowledge to the public.