KZ Lotion is an anti-fungal medication prescribed to treat itching and rashes caused by candida or fungal infections such as genitals, vaginal infection, groin, jock itch, eczema athlete’s foot, ringworm, and yeast infections. Get to know how KZ Lotion works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where KZ Lotion is not advised.
KZ Lotion composition and active ingredients
KZ Lotion contains Ketoconazole topical as active ingredient.
It contains Ketoconazole topical that helps in preventing the growth of fungus by removing its protective wall. KZ Lotion shows its action by inhibiting the growth of candida; treating the inflammation of vagina; possessing anti-inflammatory activity; treating atopic eczema. It is manufactured & marketed by Handh Pharma.
How does KZ Lotion it works?
KZ Lotion works by interfering and weakening with the formation of the fungal cell membrane.
KZ Lotion Uses and Benefits
KZ Lotion is generally used to treat fungal infections but there are several other uses where it could be taken:-
- Tinea corporis: (ringworm; fungal skin infection that causes a red scaly rash on different parts of the body)
- Tinea cruris: (jock itch; fungal infection of the skin in the groin or buttocks)
- Tinea pedis: (athlete’s foot; fungal infection of the skin on the feet and between the toes)
- Tinea versicolor: (fungal infection of the skin that causes brown or light colored spots on the chest, back, arms, legs, or neck)
- Yeast infections of the skin
You should use if only prescribed by your physician or dermatologist. And strictly follow the instructions given by doctor.
KZ Lotion Side Effects
Apart from the uses of KZ Lotion, there could be certain side effects associated with the drug. While some symptoms could be common, there are a few rare symptoms. If you feel any symptom (whether or not it is mentioned in the below list), please ask a physician or dermatologist instantly. Also, consult the doctor if you have burning sensation or rashes.
Please refer to the list below:-
- Increased sensitivity of the eyes to sunlight
- Pale skin
- Blurred vision
- Chest pain
- Fast heartbeat
- Yellow colored eyes or skin
- Joint pain
- Skin rash
KZ Lotion Dosage
Dosage of KZ Lotion may vary from patient to patient depending on several factors. It is advised to consult your doctor for proper advice on dosage details. It is for external application only. Clean the affected area properly before you apply the medicine. Wash your hands thoroughly after applying the KZ Lotion cream.
KZ Lotion Cream – Contraindications
KZ Lotion should not be used if you have the following ailments:
- Hypersensitivity: History of hypersensitivity to KZ Lotion or its ingredients is a contraindication.
Precautions while using KZ Lotion
Before using medicine, inform your doctor or dermatologist about your current list of drugs, over-the-counter products (e.g. herbal supplements, vitamins, etc.), pre-existing diseases, allergies, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health problems may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug.
Use the medicine as per the advice and directions by your dermatologist. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Wash your hands before and after applying KZ Lotion. Clean and dry the skin area to be treated.
- Avoid sources of infection or reinfection
- Consult your doctor before you use this medicine in conditions like sun-burn skin, dry skin, and open wounds.
- Immediately after application of KZ Lotion, Do not wash the treated area. Also, avoid use of other medication on the treated area unless advised by your dermatologist.
- Applying an excessive amount may result in pilling. Apply quantity or lesser thinner layer or of medicine to avoid pilling.
- Avoid getting this medication in your eyes or nose or mouth.
KZ Lotion – Drug Interactions
If you use other medicines or over-the-counter products at the same time, the effects of KZ Lotion may change. This may cause your drug not to work properly or increase risk for side effects. Inform your health expert about all the medicines, herbal supplements and vitamins you are using, hence it is easy for the physician to prevent or manage drug interactions. KZ Lotion may interact with the following medicines and products:
- Abiraterone acetate
- Aluminium hydroxide and oxide
- Amphotericin B
Frequently Asked Questions about KZ Lotion
How should KZ Lotion be stored?
Store KZ Lotion at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
How long can I take KZ Lotion tablet?
The length of treatment with KZ Lotion depends on the severity of medical condition. Consult your physician for further information.
Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking KZ Lotion tablet?
Proper regular monitoring must be practiced for Liver function while under the usage of this medicine.
Do is need to follow any special diet while using KZ Lotion?
No. Follow a regular diet while using KZ Lotion unless suggested by the physician.
Can I take KZ Lotion while using statins?
It is not recommended use while you are using statin drugs (class of lipid-lowering medications). There is a risk of damaging the liver is involver if uses together. Consult your doctor for proper instructions on the possible drug interactions.
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
KZ Lotion Uses, KZ Lotion Benefits, KZ Lotion Side effects, KZ Lotion Precautions, KZ Lotion drug interactions, KZ Lotion for ringworm, KZ Lotion for jock itch, KZ Lotion for athlete’s foot, KZ Lotion for fungal infection
Leave a Review
How did you find the information presented in this article? Would you like us to add any other information? Help us improve by providing your rating and review comments. Thank you in advance!