Ibugesic Plus is a prescription medication primarily used in treating fever, headache, Joint pains or Arthralgia. It is recommended to use this medicine with proper advice from your doctor. Get to know how Ibugesic Plus works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Ibugesic Plus is not suggested.
About Ibugesic Plus
This medicine is manufactured and marketed by Cipla Pharmaceuticals Limited. It is a combination of two drugs. The two ingredient drugs are Ibuprofen and Paracetamol.
Variants of Ibugesic Plus
This medicine is available in the form of tablets and suspension.
- Ibugesic Plus Tablet
- Ibugesic Plus Suspension (available in 60 ml and 100 ml)
Ibugesic Plus Tablet
- Ibuprofen (400mg)
- Paracetamol (325mg)
Ibugesic Plus Suspension
- Ibuprofen (100mg)
- Paracetamol (5 mg)
How does Ibugesic Plus work?
Ibuprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAIDs) drug used to reduce fever and treat pain or inflammation caused by many ailments such as arthritis, headache, toothache, backache, menstrual cramps, or minor injuries. This medication is used in adults and children who are at least Six months old.
Paracetamol is a widely used analgesic (pain reliever) and antipyretic (fever reducer) drug that is used for the relief of backaches, osteoarthritis, headaches, menstrual periods, toothaches, or cold/flu-related aches.
Ibugesic Plus Uses and Benefits
Fever and Pain
Ibugesic Plus is used to treat headache, backache, and fever.
This medicine is used to treat symptoms like joint stiffness, painful joints of the knee, hip, neck, lower back associated with Osteoarthritis. In severe conditions, an orthopedic expert may suggest wearing braces such as knee braces, or cervical collar or back support braces to stop further damage and help in quicker healing.
Ibugesic Plus is used to treat symptoms like joint stiffness, pain, and swelling associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Knee braces may be used to provide warmth and support to the affected knee joints.
Knee Cap that could help to give warmth and support for an arthritic knee.
Ibugesic Plus is used to treat pain and cramps during menstruation.
Ibugesic Plus is also used in:
- Sprains of muscles and joints
- To treat mild or moderate pain associated with stones in kidneys or gall stones
- Polymyositis (Inflammation of muscles)
- TMJ (Temporomandibular joint) pain
- Dental pain
Check out some of the natural pain relief options that are available to purchase online such as on Amazon.
Ibugesic Plus side effects
There is a chance of getting some side effects too along with the intended benefits. In such cases, you must seek medical attention immediately. Please inform your physician if you notice any adverse reaction to the medication. Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while using this medicine.
- The most common side effects are abdominal pain, rash, tinnitus (ringing in ears), headaches, dizziness, drowsiness, diarrhea, nausea, heartburn, and constipation.
- Some side effects like gastric or intestinal ulcers might occur
- Asthma patients may have the risk of suffering side effects like allergic reactions
- Impaired function of the kidneys
Contraindications for Ibugesic Plus
Ibugesic Plus contraindicated in the following conditions:
Avoid if you have an allergy to Ibuprofen or other NSAIDs and Paracetamol.
Not recommended for use in patients suffering from asthma or any other health issues related to the respiratory system.
Ibuprofen or Paracetamol are not recommended to use in patients suffering from any internal bleeding disorders
It could cause severe swelling and bleed in the intestines, stomach, and anus.
Doctor’s advice for Ibugesic Plus
- Ibuprofen is a very safe and well-tolerated medicine for short-term use
- Long term usage or higher doses of this drug is not encouraged as it might lead to renal health issues or internal bleeding issues in the stomach.
- Let your doctor know before he prescribes you this medicine about any kidney related health problems if you are suffering any. Your dose may need to be adjusted in such conditions
- Avoid excess intake of alcohol when using this medicine, together they can affect your liver
- If you have taken overdoses, Immediately inform your doctor or contact a hospital emergency and you are feeling unwell
Precautions while taking Ibugesic Plus
Some medications are not suitable for people with certain ailments, and sometimes a medicine may only be used if extra care is taken. For these reasons, before you start using this medicine, it is important that your doctor knows if you have any of the following conditions
- Stomach ulcers, or inflammatory bowel disorders such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease
- Allergic disorders like asthma
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- High blood pressure
- Heart related or circulatory system related issues
- Blood clotting problems
- Allergic reaction to any other medicines such as aspirin, naproxen, and ibuprofen or to any other NSAIDs.
- Hepatic or renal related issues
There is a chance of suffering from harmful side effects if this drug is used in larger doses. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you find any side effects.
If you miss the dosage take as soon as possible, and if it is near to next dose, skip the missing dosage continue the regular dosage. Do not take extra doses.
It is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary and the potential benefits outweigh the risks involved. If necessary, must be used with your gynecologist’s advice only.
This medicine is safe to use during breastfeeding but recommended to take proper advice from your doctor.
Ibugesic Plus – Drug Interactions
If you use other over the counter products or other drugs at the same time, the effects of the drug may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your medicine not to work properly. Tell your physician about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that your physician can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. This medicine may interact with the following medicines and products:
- Lithium drugs
- Quinolone antibiotics
Substitutes for Ibugesic Plus
Below is the list of medicines with similar composition, strength, and form as Ibugesic Plus and hence can be used as its substitute:
- Zupar 400 mg/325 mg Captab – Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Ibukind Plus 100 mg/162.5 mg Suspension – Mankind Pharma Ltd
- Buflam 400mg/325mg Tablet – Ornate Labs Pvt Ltd
- Brufamol Tablet – Menarini India Pvt Ltd
- Ibucon Plus Suspension – Concept Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Artigesic 100 mg/162.5 mg Suspension – Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Dr. Alekhya is an experienced dental surgeon with over five years of clinical experience in prestigious dental clinics in Hyderabad, India. She graduated as a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) from MNR Dental College in 2012.
Dr. Alekhya has also been involved with notable campaigns and health awareness programs. She is presently employed with Immertive where she supervises the development of virtual reality and augmented reality based applications for training healthcare professionals. In addition to following her career, Dr. Alekhya is very passionate about sharing her knowledge as a guest contributor on various health-related publications including HealthClues.