Table of content
- What is Gabapin NT??
- Composition of Gabapin NT Tablet
- Gabapin NT- Mechanism of action
- Indications of Gabapin NT Tablet
- Side-effects of Gabapin NT
- Gabapin tablet – Precautions and How to use
- Dosage instruction about Gabapin NT Tablet
- Contraindications of Gabapin NT Tablet
- Drug interactions of Gabapin NT Tablet
- Substitutes for Gabapin NT
What is Gabapin NT?
Gabapin NT is a prescription medication used to treat adults with nerve pain caused by shingles. Shingles is a skin related disorder and viral infection characterized by a painful rash which is caused by the varicella-zoster virus. This is the virus that also causes chickenpox. Gabapin NT is combined with other medications to treat convulsions. It is prescribed to manage seizures by decreasing abnormal activity in the brain. It also alters the way the body senses pain.
Gabapin Nt Tablet is prescribed for the treatment of Neuralgia, Trigeminal nerve disease, Long-standing pain in legs, Depression, Adjunctive therapy in the treatment of partial seizures, long standing, pain in arms, bed wetting in children, fits and other conditions.
Gabapin NT comes in tablet, capsule, and oral solution forms. It is taken up to 3 times a day, with or without food. The capsules should be taken with a full glass of water.
The following are the adverse effects of Gabapin NT include dizziness, drowsiness and lack of coordination. Caution should be taken if you drive or operate heavy machinery until you know how Gabapin NT affects.
Gabapin NT is manufactured and marketed by Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Important information related to Gabapin NT Tablet’s uses, composition, dosage, side effects, and precautions are listed below.
Composition of Gabapin NT Tablet:
Gabapin Tablet composed of two drugs together.
These two drugs have a combination of anticonvulsant and antiepileptic properties.
Gabapin NT- Mechanism of action:
Gabapin NT tablet includes two combined drugs which are:
Gabapentin – Gabapentin helps to relieve pain by altering the calcium channel activity of the nerve cells.
Nortriptyline – Nortriptyline is an anti-depressant that increases the levels of noradrenaline and serotonin which stops the movement of pain signals in the brain. Together they act to relieve neuropathic pain.
Indications of Gabapin NT Tablet:
Gabapin NT tablets are available in different doses 100mg and 400mg based on the patient condition and severity it is prescribed. It is used to control and prevent the following condition but it is especially a combination of anticonvulsant and antiepileptic drug.
- Postherpetic Neuralgia
- Neuropathic pain
Side-effects of Gabapin NT:
Prolong use of Gabapin NT leads to adverse effects which are mentioned below:
- Hypotension (orthostatic)
- Dryness of mouth
- Weight gain
- Increased heart rate
- Blurred vision
- Anxiety and agitation
- Uncontrolled eye movement
- Lower back pain
- Difficulty in urination.
Gabapin tablet – Precautions and How to use:
- Inform your doctor, before you take Gabapin tablet, about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, present and past health status, pregnancy, upcoming surgeries.
- Some of the health condition can make susceptible to the side-effects of the drug.
- Follow the instructions advised by your doctor.
- Dosage always depends upon your health status and severity.
- Check the expiry date stated on the tablet before you consume the tablet.
- The medicine should be stored away from the reach of children.
- Take the full course of treatment; it can be consumed with or without food. Avoid alcohol. The drug should not be crushed or chewed.
- The medicine can be stored at room temperature and avoid direct exposure to heat and sunlight.
- Visit or consult immediately to the doctor while taking the drug if your condition persists or worsens.
Caution should be taken while prescribing for special cases like
- Suicidal tendencies
- Cardiac disease
- Thyroid disorders
- Angle closure glaucoma
- Urinary retention, etc.
Dosage instruction about Gabapin NT Tablet
If you have missed a single dose take it soon as you remember, or you can skip the previous dose if it’s the time for the next dosage.
In case of overdose with Gabapin NT, it’s a medical emergency seek your doctor attention immediately.
Contraindications of Gabapin NT Tablet:
Gabapin tablet is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Severe liver disease
- Myocardial infarction
- Pregnancy and lactation
Drug interactions of Gabapin NT Tablet:
If a person taking more than one category of medicine or if the drug is mixed with certain foods or drinks then there are higher chances of drug interactions. Some of them are listed below:
- Impaired kidney function
- Excessive quantities of coffee or tea
- Food allergies
Substitutes for Gabapin NT:
Below listed medicines are the substitutes for Gabapin Tablet:
- Pentanerv NT 400 mg/10 mg
- Laregab NT 400 mg/10 mg
- Acegaba NT 400 mg/10 mg
- Gabator NT 400 mg /10 mg
- Biggaba N Tablet
- Adgaba 400mg/10 mg
- Giae-NT Tablet
- Gabared –NT Tablet
- Alfagaba NT Tablet
- Gabaloy –NT Tablet
- Gabanyt Tablet 400mg/10 mg
- Gabamin nor 400mg/10 mg
- Gabacent NT 400mg/10 mg
- Gabaride NT400mg/10 mg
- Gabapax NT400mg/10 mg
- Nuromark NT 400mg/10 mg
- Doloneuron NT Tablet
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Dr. Kaleem Mohammed graduated as a Bachelor of Physiotherapy in 2014 from Deccan College of Physiotherapy, affiliated to Dr. N.T.R. University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, India. Dr. Kaleem is an expert at handling physiotherapy needs of patients suffering from orthopedic and spinal conditions and post-surgery rehabilitation. Dr. Kaleem is associated with HealthClues since its inception where he facilitates diagnosis and advanced consultation with senior doctors. He is also a medical researcher and prolific writer who loves sharing insightful commentaries and useful tips to educate the patient community about fitness, treatment options, and post-treatment recovery.