What is it?
A femoral stress fracture is a condition that is medically described as a partial crack in the femur or thighbone caused by repetitive stress or force.
- High-intensity training
- Poor nutrition and lifestyle activities
- Lower 25-hydroxyvitamin D
- Female athlete triad
- History of smoking
- 10 alcoholic drinks/week
Signs & Symptoms
- Swelling and pain
- Tenderness around the affected area
- An inclination to limp or put less weight on the affected leg
How is it treated?
- Protection – Crutches with non–weight-bearing ambulation until complete relief of pain at rest is achieved
- Ice – To assist with pain reduction
For more information, do get in touch with us through email at [email protected] or message us on WhatsApp at +91-9640378378, or submit your question below.
Have a question?
Leave a Review
How did you find the information presented in this article? Would you like us to add any other information? Help us improve by providing your rating and review comments. Thank you in advance!