What is it?
A femoral stress fracture is a condition that is medically described as a partial crack in the femur or thighbone caused by repetitive stress or force.
- High-intensity training
- Poor nutrition and lifestyle activities
- Lower 25-hydroxyvitamin D
- Female athlete triad
- History of smoking
- 10 alcoholic drinks/week
Signs & Symptoms
- Swelling and pain
- Tenderness around the affected area
- An inclination to limp or put less weight on the affected leg
How is it treated?
- Protection – Crutches with non–weight-bearing ambulation until complete relief of pain at rest is achieved
- Ice – To assist with pain reduction
For more information, do get in touch with us through email at [email protected] or message us on WhatsApp at +91-9640378378, or submit your question below.
Have a question?