Table of content
- What is Endobloc?
- Endobloc Composition and Active Ingredients
- Endobloc Uses and Benefits
- How Does Endobloc Work?
- Endobloc Side Effects
- Endobloc Dosage
- Endobloc Contraindications
- Precautions while taking Endobloc
- Drug interactions of Endobloc
- Substitute brands of Endobloc
What is Endobloc?
Endobloc is an antihypertensive medicine prescribed to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension (raised blood pressure in the vessels which carry blood from the heart to lungs).
Ambrisentan which is the active ingredient in Endobloc tablets belongs to the class of medicines called endothelin receptor antagonists. In general, this medicine aids to relax the blood vessels and eases blood flow hence minimizes the blood pressure.
Let’s explore more details about this medicine like its benefits, how to use, side effects, contraindication when the medicine is not recommended and precautions to be taken before choosing the medicine, etc.
Endobloc Composition and Active Ingredients
Composition – Ambrisentan is the active ingredient in this medicine
Prescription – Required
Available in the Forms – Tablets
Drug Type – Belongs to the class of drugs called endothelin receptor antagonists.
Endobloc Uses and Benefits
Below mentioned are the recommended uses of the medicine Endobloc.
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)
Shop DonJoy Orthopedic Products on HealthClues
Are you Looking for a Knee Brace that is best in class. Check the options available at our Online Portal.
How Does Endobloc Work?
Ambrisentan, which is the key ingredient in Endobloc tablets, belongs to the class of medicines called endothelin receptor antagonists. It helps to relax the blood vessels that carry blood from the heart to the lungs which smoothen the blood flow.
Endobloc tablets work by stopping the action of naturally occurring chemical called endothelin in the body, which is the key cause of blood pressure in the blood vessels (pulmonary arteries) which carry blood from the heart to lungs.
Endobloc Side Effects
When some type of medicine is used, it is very important to consider the side effects of that medicine before choosing to use.
Most Common Side effects are –
- Runny nose
Below mentioned are some very rare possible side effects that may occur from using the Endobloc tablets, but have to be considered seriously if they occur and needs immediate medical attention.
- Sudden weight gain or weight loss
- Tingling sense in feet and hands
- Increased heart rate
- Difficulty in breathing
- Sore throat
Dosage of Endobloc depends on the patient’s condition and the doctor would decide on the dosage and would prescribe accordingly to match the condition. Use the medication exactly as prescribed by the doctor and never alter the dosage without the doctor’s consent.
Consult the doctor immediately if any overdosage happens and any overdose symptoms are noticed. Never skip a dosage and take an extra dose to cover up the missed dose.
Endobloc is not advised to use in some health conditions. Inform your doctor about any other health conditions you may be suffering. Below mentioned are some health conditions where the Endobloc is not advised to use.
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
- Severe Liver failure issues
- Allergic to the ingredient of the medicine or towards similar medication
Precautions while taking Endobloc
Precautions have to be taken in some health conditions or in some special scenarios depending on the patient’s health. Below are some examples of such conditions.
- This medicine is not advised to use in pregnancy.
- Usage of this medicine in nursing mothers is generally not advised but if the expected benefits are more to the side effects, then it is advised after consultation.
- Let your doctor know if you have a habit of taking alcohol on a regular basis in higher quantities.
- Some patients may feel dizziness while using this medicine and hence activities that require mental alertness such as driving a vehicle and operating machinery are not recommended.
- Patients suffering from kidney issues must seek medical advice as there may be a dosage adjustment needed in such conditions.
- Similarly in case of liver issues also close monitoring is needed and advised to use with medical supervision.
Drug interactions of Endobloc
Endobloc is known to show drug interactions when used along with some medicine. It is advised to share details about any other medication if you are using to treat any other medical conditions to avoid drug interactions while using Endobloc. Below mentioned are some medications that have a chance of drug interactions when used along with Endobloc.
Endobloc may also show some adverse effects when used in some health conditions. It is advised to share details about your health condition with your doctor before he prescribes the medicine to avoid any such criticalities. Below mentioned are some health conditions to be considered before using Endobloc.
- Liver disease – Close monitoring is needed while using this medicine in case of hepatic impairment patients
Substitute brands of Endobloc
Below mentioned brands of medicines contain the same composition as of Endobloc, hence your doctor may prescribe any of them as an alternative to Bonista injection.
- Ambrican 5 Tablet – manufactured by Lupin Ltd
- Volibris Tablet – manufactured by Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Zambri 5mg Tablet – manufactured by Zydus Cadila
- Ibitan 5mg Tablet – manufactured by Indiabulls pharmaceutical ltd
- Pulmonext 5 Tablet – manufactured by MSN Laboratories Pvt.Ltd.
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Dr. Srishti Tayal is Chief Radiologist at Radiodent – Dental and Maxillofacial Imaging. She has completed BDS and MDS with Gold Medal from JSS Medical College, Mysore. She is a passionate medical researcher and has published five research papers in various medical journals and received an award for the best scientific paper.
In addition to following her pursuits in dentistry, she is also an avid medical writer who believes in bridging the information gap among the common population with regards to modern medicine.