Ecosprin is an NSAID used to treat conditions like fever, Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Headache, Arthralgia, Myalgia, Dental pain, Post-surgery pain, and Rheumatic fever. Get to know how Ecosprin works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Ecosprin is not suggested.
How Ecosprin works?
Ecosprin works by blocking cyclo-oxygenase, which is an enzyme that produces prostaglandins – these are chemicals produced by the body during an inflammatory response, and they are responsible for causing pain and inflammation.
Ecosprin Tablet – Composition and Active Ingredients
Ecosprin is composed of aspirin as an active ingredientRead More About :- Aspirin
Ecosprin tablet Uses
Ecosprin is prescribed for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, symptoms and conditions:
- Joint pain
- Period pain
- Rheumatic fever
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Blood thinning in heart disease and stroke
- Heart attack
- Risk of stroke
- Kawasaki disease (condition that causes inflammation of the blood vessels)
Side effects of Ecosprin tablet
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Ecosprin tablet. These side-effects are possible but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Gastrointestinal irritation
- Bleeding disorder
- Reduced blood platelets
- Gastric ulcer
- Life-threatening skin condition
- Angioneurotic edema
Contraindications of Ecosprin tablet
Ecosprin should not be used if you have the following conditions:
Avoid if you have allergy to Ecosprin tablet or other NSAIDs
Ecosprin tablet is contraindicated if you are diagnosed with asthma or other respiratory complications.
Ecosprin is not recommended if you have peptic ulcer or are suspected of having it. It could cause severe swelling and bleeding in the stomach, colon, and anus.
Ecosprin tablet is harmful for people who have kidney disease. Always check with your doctor or pharmacist before you take this medicine.
Doctor’s advice for Ecosprin tablet:
- Ecosprin is a very safe and well-tolerated medicine for short-term use
- Consuming high dose or taking long time Ecosprin can cause kidney problems and stomach ulcers
- If you are suffering from kidney related problems, inform your doctor first. Your dose may need to be adjusted
- When you taking Ecosprin tablet, Avoid excess intake of alcohol, together they can affect your liver
- If you have taken overdoses of Ecosprin Immediately inform your doctor or contact a hospital emergency and you are feeling unwell
- Avoid taking alcohol to prevent bleeding
- Inform your doctor if you have bruising or bleeding
- Consult your doctor if you have systemic lupus erythematosus
- Consult your doctor if you develop blurred vision, ringing or roaring in ears
- Take the drug with a meal or snack to prevent upset stomach
Taking more than prescribed may cause harmful side effects. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you find any side effects.
If you miss the dosage take as soon as possible, and if it is near to next dose, skip the missing dosage continue the regular dosage. Do not take extra doses.
Ecosprin is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary and the potential benefits outweigh the risks involved. It is not known to cause any harm to the fetus, but should only be used after consultation with your doctor.
It is safe to use during breastfeeding. Before taking this medicine consult your doctor.
Ecosprin tablet Substitutes
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength, and form as Ecosprin, and hence can be used as its substitute:
- Asa 75 MG Tablet- Zydus Cadila
- Aspirin 75 MG Tablet- Zydus Cadila
- Sprin 75 MG Tablet- Alkem Laboratories Ltd
- Sprintas 75 MG Tablet- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Loprin 75 MG Tablet- Unichem Laboratories Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Leave a Review
How did you find the information presented in this article? Would you like us to add any other information? Help us improve by providing your rating and review comments. Thank you in advance!