What is Ecosprin?
Ecosprin is an anticoagulant medication used to treat conditions related to heart health such as Myocardial Infarction, Refractory Ischemia. Ecosprin is also used as a blood thinner to avoid blood clots in blood vessels and also treat pain and inflammation.
Get to know how Ecosprin works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Ecosprin is not suggested.
Ecosprin Tablet – Composition and Active Ingredients
Ecosprin is composed of aspirin as an active ingredient
Manufactured By – USV Pvt Ltd Pharmaceutical Company
Is a prescription needed to use this medicine – Required
Available Forms – This medicine is available in the form of tablets
Type of medicine – This medicine belongs to both NSAID and Anticoagulant type of medicine
Ecosprin tablet Uses
Ecosprin is prescribed for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, symptoms, and conditions:
- Joint pain
- Period pain
- Rheumatic fever
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- As a Blood-thinning medicine in conditions like heart disease and stroke
- Heart attack
- Risk of stroke
- Kawasaki disease (a condition that causes inflammation of the blood vessels)
Arthritis or Osteoarthritis may result in bone weakness and cause Joint pains. Knee caps may be suggested to provide warmth and support to the damaged knee joint and provide relief. You can visit the below link for more information on the product.
How Ecosprin works?
Ecosprin works by blocking cyclo-oxygenase, which is an enzyme that produces prostaglandins – these are chemicals produced by the body during an inflammatory response, and they are responsible for causing pain and inflammation.
Side effects of Ecosprin tablet
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Ecosprin tablet. These side-effects are possible but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Gastrointestinal irritation
- Bleeding disorder
- Reduced blood platelets
- Gastric ulcer
- Life-threatening skin condition
- Angioneurotic edema
Contraindications of Ecosprin tablet
Ecosprin should not be used if you have the following conditions:
Avoid if you have an allergy to Ecosprin tablet or other NSAIDs
Ecosprin tablet is contraindicated if you are diagnosed with asthma or other respiratory complications.
Ecosprin is not recommended if you have peptic ulcer or are suspected of having it. It could cause severe swelling and bleeding in the stomach, colon, and anus.
Ecosprin tablet is harmful to people who have kidney disease. Always check with your doctor or pharmacist before you take this medicine.
Doctor’s advice for Ecosprin tablet:
- Ecosprin is very safe and well-tolerated medicine for short-term use.
- Consuming a high dose or longtime usage of Ecosprin can cause kidney problems and stomach ulcers.
- If you are suffering from kidney related problems, inform your doctor first. Your dose may need to be adjusted in such condition.
- When you taking Ecosprin tablet, Avoid excess intake of alcohol, together they can affect your liver.
- If you have taken overdoses of Ecosprin and you are feeling unwell, immediately inform your doctor or contact a hospital emergency.
- Avoid taking alcohol to prevent bleeding while using this medication.
- Inform your doctor if you have bruising or bleeding.
- Consult your doctor if you have systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Consult your doctor if you develop blurred vision, ringing or roaring in ears.
- Take the drug with a meal or snack to prevent upset stomach.
Taking more than prescribed may cause harmful side effects. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you find any side effects.
If you missed a dosage, take as soon as possible, and if it is near to next dose, skip the missed dosage continue the regular dosage. Do not take extra doses.
Ecosprin is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary and the potential benefits outweigh the risks involved. It is not known to cause any harm to the fetus, but should only be used after consultation with your doctor.
Before taking this medicine consult your doctor. Recommended using only if the intended benefits are high compared to possible side effects.
Ecosprin tablet Substitutes
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength, and form as Ecosprin, and hence can be used as its substitute:
- Asa 75 MG Tablet- Zydus Cadila
- Aspirin 75 MG Tablet- Zydus Cadila
- Sprin 75 MG Tablet- Alkem Laboratories Ltd
- Sprintas 75 MG Tablet- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Loprin 75 MG Tablet- Unichem Laboratories Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Dr. Srishti Tayal is Chief Radiologist at Radiodent – Dental and Maxillofacial Imaging. She has completed BDS and MDS with Gold Medal from JSS Medical College, Mysore. She is a passionate medical researcher and has published five research papers in various medical journals and received an award for the best scientific paper.
In addition to following her pursuits in dentistry, she is also an avid medical writer who believes in bridging the information gap among the common population with regards to modern medicine.