Table of Contents
- What is E20 Pill (Cialis Soft)?
- E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) composition
- History behind the E20 Pill (Cialis Soft)
- E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) Indications
- How does E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) work? (E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) Mechanism of Action)
- How to Take E20 Pill (Cialis Soft)?
- Common E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) Dose
- When to Avoid E20 Pill (Cialis Soft)?
- E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) Side Effects
- Effects on organs
- Warnings and Precautions
- Reported Allergic Reactions
- Effect of E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) on the menstrual cycle
- Drug Interactions To Be Careful About
- Food interactions of E20 Pill (Cialis Soft)
- Interactions with laboratory procedures
- How Long Does the Effect Stay?
- Is E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) Addictive?
- Can I have E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) with alcohol?
- Can I have E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) When Pregnant?
- Can I have E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking E20 Pill (Cialis Soft)?
- Effect of an overdose of E20 Pill (Cialis Soft)
- Effect of using expired E20 Pill (Cialis Soft)
- Effect of missing a dose of E20 Pill (Cialis Soft)
- Storage requirements
- Substitutes for E20 Pill (Cialis Soft)
What is E20 Pill (Cialis Soft)?
Cialis Soft tablets which is also known E20 Pill is a branded medicine of well-known drug called Tadalafil prescribed to treat primarily for Erectile Dysfunction and Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) in men. Let’s explore more details about this medicine.
E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) Composition
E20 Pill which is known by its brand name Cialis Soft is composed of Tadalafil as a key ingredient. Tadalafil is available in generic form. Cialis Soft or E20 Pill has imprint as Cialis on normal version and as Cialis Soft on Cialis Soft version on one side and as E20 on another side of the tablet. This medicine is available in various doses 2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg, and 20mg. Tadalafil belongs to the group of medicine called Phosphodiesterase 5 (PDE5) inhibitors.
Shop DonJoy Orthopedic Products on HealthClues
Are you Looking for a Knee Brace that is best in class. Check the options available at our Online Portal.
History behind the E20 Pill (Cialis Soft)
In 1998 a similar drug Sildenafil was approved for medical use by FDA, which was groundbreaking at that time and boosted the commercials for the treatment of Erectile Dysfunction. FDA approved 2 more similar drugs in 2003 which include Tadalafil and Vardenafil.
Initial discovery of Tadalafil was done by Glaxo Wellcome which is now known as GlaxoSmithKline with a biotechnology company called ICOS. Now the medicine is manufactured and marketed by
E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) Indications
Cialis Soft or E20 Pill is prescribed to treat conditions –
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
How does E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) work? (E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) Mechanism of Action)
E20 Pill works by relaxing the smooth muscles and arteries in the penis which aids for more blood rush into penis muscles which is crucial to keep it hard for successful penetration during sexual intercourse. It does this action by blocking the blocking PDE5 which further increases Cyclic Guanosine Monophosphate (CGM) that causes the relaxation of arteries and smooth muscles in the penis. However, this medicine never induces a sexual stimulation but only helps if the man is already into the mood.
How to Take E20 Pill (Cialis Soft)?
E20 Pill or Cialis Soft is available in the form of tablets and is used like any other medicine available as a tablet with a glass of freshwater. Swallow the entire medicine without breaking or crushing or chewing the tablet.
Common E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) Dose
This medicine is available in different doses starting from 2.5mg to 20mg. The ideal dose for ED is 10mg once a day before participating in sexual activity. Your doctor may increase the dose to 20mg if the regular dose if not showing results for you. The ideal starting dose for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia
When to Avoid E20 Pill (Cialis Soft)?
E20 Pill is advised to avoid or use after proper advice depending on the severity of certain health conditions Ike –
- Cardiac health issues
- Liver disorders or impairment
- Kidney disorders or impairment
- Under Prescription for treating pulmonary hypertension
- Blood pressure issues
- Severe issues related to vision loss
- Bleeding issues
- Stomach ulcers
- Deformed penis or Peyronie’s disease (curved penis)
- Issues related to blood cell problems like leukemia etc.
- If have a history of prolonged erection more than 4 hours
- Allergic reactions to similar medicine in the past
E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) Side Effects
Along with the intended benefits Cialis may show some side effects in some patients. They include –
- Muscle pain
- Stuffy nose
- Back pain
- Pain in your arms or legs
In many cases these fade out in some days, but if they are continuing, it is advised that you consult your doctor for further evaluation. Below are some serious side effects to be considered.
- Trouble hearing
- Hearing loss
- Ringing in your ears
- Allergic reaction
- Changes in blood pressure
- Loss of vision
- Prolonged erection (an erection that lasts more than 4 hours)
Effects on organs
E20Pill may cause some common or severe side effects related to some body parts or internal organs. Below mentioned are few examples.
- Cardiovascular – Hypertension, and Hot flush
- Gastrointestinal (GI) – Diarrhea, Gastroesophageal Reflux Ddisease (GERD), abdominal pain, gastroenteritis, constipation
- Musculoskeletal – Pain in limb, musculoskeletal stiffness
- Nervous system – Headache, Dizziness
- Nasopharyngitis – upper or lower respiratory tract infection, rhinitis, cough, Nasal congestion, influenza, pulmonary hypertension
- Genitourinary – Urinary tract infection, menorrhagia
- Dermatologic – Rash, Urticaria, hyperhidrosis
- Ocular (Eye) – risk factors related to eye problems are high in patients with diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, coronary artery disease, and smoking
Warnings and Precautions
E20Pill may cause more risks in patients suffering with cardiac issues, gastrointestinal issues, respiratory issues, nervous system problems, liver issues, renal and urinary tract issues. Precaution has to be taken before using the medicine in such patients.
Reported Allergic Reactions
Cialis can rarely show allergic reactions, some mild allergic reactions are like –
- Skin rash
Below mentioned are very rare allergic reactions that can be seen. It is advised to consult your doctor in case if you notice such symptoms.
- Swelling in various part like skin, eyelids, lips, hands, or feet
- Swelling of your tongue, mouth, or throat
- Trouble breathing
Effect of E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) on the menstrual cycle
This medicine is recommended to use in men hence the possibility of effects on the menstrual cycle is not there.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
Cialis may show drug interactions if you are already under prescription for some medications to treat conditions like blood pressure, heartburn, antifungal, antibiotics, HIV medicine, etc. it is advised to inform your doctor about your current list of all medications to avoid complications. Some examples of drugs that Cialis may show drug interactions are –
- Nitrate drugs such as Nitroglycerin, Isosorbide mononitrate (Monoket), Isosorbide dinitrate (Isordil)
- Alpha-blocker drugs such as Tamsulosin (Flomax), Alfuzosin (Uroxatral), Doxazosin (Cardura)
- Blood pressure medication including amlodipine (Norvasc), Metoprolol (Toprol XL, Lopressor), Enalapril (Vasotec)
- Antacids including Calcium carbonate, aluminum hydroxide/magnesium hydroxide
- Antifungal medicine such as Ketoconazole, Itraconazole
- Antibiotic drugs such as Erythromycin
- HIV medications such as Ritonavir
Food interactions of E20 Pill (Cialis Soft)
E20 Pill or Cialis is known to food interaction with grapefruit or grapefruit juice. It is advised to avoid or use fewer amounts of grapefruit and its products to avoid complications.
Interactions with laboratory procedures
No clinical data is available on the interaction of Cialis on laboratory tests. It is advised to inform your doctor about your current medication including prescription and non-prescription drugs.
How Long Does the Effect Stay?
Compared to other drugs used to treat ED or Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, Tadalafil has the highest half-life of around 17.5 hours. This works for a longer time compared to its alternative medicine and it is one of the major distinctions of this drug. Due to the long-acting feature of the medicine it is also called the Weekend Pill.
Is E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) Addictive?
No drug addiction is noticed in the case of Cialis or other forms of medicine used to treat ED.
Can I have E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) with alcohol?
Not recommended to use with alcohol as that can cause more side effects. Severe low blood pressure is the most reported issue if used along with alcohol.
Can I have E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) When Pregnant?
E20 Pill or Cialis is a recommended medicine for men only but not in women. However animal studies have shown no risk factors. No clinical studies are present in the case of a human pregnancy and the effect of the medicine.
Can I have E20 Pill (Cialis Soft) when feeding a baby?
E20 Pill or Cialis is not recommended to use in women but only in men. Clinical studies conducted in animals have shown the presence of traces in breast milk. No human studies are available in this case.
Can I drive after taking E20 Pill (Cialis Soft)?
Effect of an overdose of E20 Pill (Cialis Soft)
Risk of side effects is higher if an overdose happens. Never use higher doses than prescribed. Contact your doctor immediately if any symptoms of overdosage are experienced.
Effect of using expired E20 Pill (Cialis Soft)
The normal shelf life of the medicine is 1 year from the date of manufacture. An expired medicine may not work as intended. It is advised to check the dates for manufacturing and expiry details. Usage of an expired medicine is not recommended by the FDA. Dispose of the expired medicine as per the recommendations on the label.
Effect of missing a dose of E20 Pill (Cialis Soft)
E20 Pill is prescribed as once a day pill, which means it is taken only once in a day. If a dose is missed it is advised to skip that schedule and continue with the next dose. Never take an excess dose or twice a day.
Cialis or E20 Pills are recommended to store at normal room temperature, but away from direct sunlight and excess heat or wet areas. Store the medicine away from reach to kids and pets.
Substitutes for E20 Pill (Cialis Soft)
Your doctor may prescribe similar medication to treat Erectile Dysfunction or Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Below mentioned are some alternative options available.
- Adcirca, and Alyq or other brands containing the same ingredient