Doxt SL or Doxycycline is a broad-spectrum antibiotic. It stops bacterial protein development by hindering some units of proteins that help in treating your infection. Get to know how Doxt SL works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Doxt SL is not suggested.
Doxycycline belongs to a class of medications called tetracyclines (antibiotic medications). Doxycycline tablets come in delayed-release forms and immediate-release forms. Doxycycline additionally comes in two oral compositions of capsules and solution.
Composition and Active Ingredients in Doxycycline Capsules
This drug might be accessible in different strengths for every active compound stated below.
Doxt SL Tablet is composed of the following –
- Doxycycline – 100 MG
- Lactobacillus – 5 Billion capsule spores
Manufacturers of Doxt SL
Doxycycline (Doxt-SL) was first clinically developed by Pfizer Inc. and branded by the name of Vibramycin.
Other manufacturers of the active compound brand them under the following names:
- Monodox – Aqua Pharmaceuticals
- Doryx – Mayne Pharma
- Oracea – Galderma
- Adoxa – Doak Dermatologics
- DRL -Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
- Avoid taking the Doxt-SL medicine with dairy products such as milk, curd, cheese, butter, and ice cream.
- Do not crush or chew it.
- Doxycycline should not be consumed when you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- It is necessary not to lie down for approximately thirty minutes after having this drug so that it can move into the stomach as quickly as possible to prevent inflammation in the esophagus.
- If you are having upset stomach Doxycycline can be used with milk or food.
Doxt SL Uses and Benefits
- The medication is prescribed to treat the infections like pneumonia and respiratory tract diseases, genital, urinary system and eye infection.
- The drugs also fight with Lyme diseases, skin diseases, acne, periodontitis, gum disease and malaria.
- Sexually transmitted ailments such as- gonorrhea, syphilis, and chlamydia are also treated with this medication.
- It also treats the bacterial diseases of the nose, lung, chest, kidneys, and bladder.
Side effects of Doxycycline
- Upset stomach
- Belly pain
- Loose stools
- No hunger or difficulty in swallowing
- Yeast infection in the vagina
- Discharge or itching
Adults: The usual dose on the initial day of treatment is 2 tablets in distributed doses; later the daily dose of 1 tablet is usually prescribed. 50mg -100 mg is the strength of dose most commonly prescribed by physician.
Note: Do not take the medicine without first allowing it to dissolve in water. It can be taken with or without food.
Interaction with different medications
An interaction is a stage at which another substance affects the way a medication functions. This can be dangerous to health or prevent the medication from functioning in the way it should. Doxycycline medicine can interact with different solutions, alcohol, herbal supplements or vitamins.
Drugs that interact with Doxt SL are:
Also, antacids that consist calcium, aluminum, magnesium, iron-containing solutions and bismuth subsalicylate may make Doxt SL medicines less effective.
To discover how Doxt SL medication may be interacting with something you’re having, discuss it with the pharmacist or your doctor.
- This medication may cause perpetual changes in teeth color of youngsters in case it’s utilized during the tooth development age. This time period consists of the last half stage of pregnancy up till 8 years old children.
- This medication may cause hypertension inside your skull.
- You may likewise have swelling within your eyes. Females of childbearing age who are obese are more exposed to this condition.
- Medication may cause anti-infection related to the looseness of the bowels. Thus, in case you have extreme or tenacious diarrhea, consult your physician.
- Also, Doxt SL medication should not be taken when you have the conditions like- High Fever, Severe Intestinal Disease, and Lactation.
- Consult with your doctor all of your medications, natural products, and vitamins as well as health problems to ensure the safe use of Doxt SL capsule.
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Ms. Nikita Saraswat graduated as a gold medalist in B. Pharma from Uttar Pradesh Technical University in 2012. Subsequently, she has earned a Master in Pharmacology from Council of Scientific Research – Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow (CSIR-IITR). She currently serves as an Assistant Professor as well as pursuing a Ph.D. in Pharmacology. Nikita is also a passionate author who loves to keep herself updated with the latest advances in medicine and health. She regularly publishes her writings on medicine at HealthClues and has also published various research papers and healthcare books in reputed publications including the Bentham Science Journal, UGC and Clarivate Analytics indexed journals.
Leave a Review
How did you find the information presented in this article? Would you like us to add any other information? Help us improve by providing your rating and review comments. Thank you in advance!