Combiflam is an NSAID medicine used to relieve from conditions like headache, toothache, arthritis, back pain, muscle pain, other types of small injuries and menstrual cramps. Get to know how Combiflam works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Combiflam is not suggested.
Composition of Combiflam
Combiflam Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Ibuprofen – 400 MG
- Paracetamol – 325 MG
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
How Combiflam Works?
Combiflam tablet works by
- Blocking the release of a prostaglandin hormone that is released in the body during pain;
- Increasing the pain threshold and
- Increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating. This medication is suitable for adults as well as children who are six months and above. Should not be taken without doctor’s advice.
Combiflam Tablet Uses
Combiflam Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and their symptoms:
- Menstrual cramps
- Neuropathic pain
- Ear pain
- Body pain
- Tooth pain
- Back ache
- Muscle pain
Shop DonJoy Orthopedic Products on HealthClues
Are you Looking for a Knee Brace that is best in class. Check the options available at our Online Portal.
Combiflam Side effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Combiflam Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Abdominal pain
- Swollen facial features
- Allergic reactions
- Skin rash
- Breathing problems
- Abnormal bowel movements
If you notice other side-effects not listed above, contact your doctor for medical advice. You may also report side-effects to your local food and drug administration authority.
Combiflam Tablet – Precautions
Before using Combiflam Tablet, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take this tablet as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition and symptoms. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid using it if allergic to paracetamol
- Do not take paracetamol if you consume alcoholic beverages every day
- Avoid taking alcohol or salicylates to prevent bleeding
- Consult your doctor if you develop blurred vision, ringing or roaring in ears
- Consult your doctor if you have systemic lupus erythematosus
- Inform your doctor if you have bruising or bleeding
Contraindications of Combiflam
Combiflam Tablet contraindicated for those who has Hypersensitivity to it. In addition, Combiflam Tablet should not be used if you have the following ailments:
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Active peptic ulcer
- Hepatic impairment
- Avoid Taking Combiflam with alcohol it can increases the risk of stomach bleeding
- Combiflam Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Consult your doctor before taking this drug
- Combiflam Tablet is safe to use during lactation but it’s important to consult your doctor
- Combiflam Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor before consuming this medication
- Combiflam Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney function issues. Dose adjustment of Combiflam may be needed in such patients.
- Please consult your doctor before taking medication
- Brufamol Tablet– Menarini India Pvt Ltd
- Zupar 400 mg/325 mg Captab – Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Ibunij 400 Mg/325 Mg Tablet – Sunij Pharma Pvt Ltd
- Lupiflam 400 mg/325 mg Tablet – Lupin Ltd
- Ibupar 400 mg/325 mg Tablet – Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Ibudex 400 mg/325 mg Tablet – Wockhardt Ltd
- Pyremol Plus Ib 400 Mg/325 Mg Tablet – Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Lupiflam M Tablet – Lupin Ltd
- Bruceta Forte 400mg/325mg Tablet – Alkem Laboratories Ltd
- Arfen Compound 400 mg/325 mg Tablet – Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Dr. Divya has been pursuing Dentistry for about 5 years now. Endodontics and Orthodontics are her areas of interest and she holds a BDS degree from Govt. Dental College, Vijayawada, AP. Besides pursuing her career as a Dentist, she is passionate about Technical writing and is spending her free time in writing medical articles to bring awareness and share medical knowledge to the public.