Cobadex CZS is a multivitamin multi-mineral oral supplement containing Vitamin B3, B6, B9, B12, Chromium, Selenium, and Zinc. Get to know how Cobadex CZS works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Cobadex CZS is not suggested.
Used for the treatment of Vitamin b12 deficiency, High Cholesterol, Arthritis, Treatment of anemia of nutritional origin, Deficiency of vitamin b12, Pregnancy, Infancy, or childhood and other ailments. Cobadex czs has reported minimal side effects when taken in adequate dose daily, side effects like gastritis, abdominal discomfort, flatulence, muscle pain, can happen but very rare and less.
Composition and active ingredients of Cobadex CZS
Cobadex CZS tablet is a branded multivitamin and the product of Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Cobadex CZS tablet composed of following vitamins and minerals:-
- Pyridoxine (vitb6) – 3mg
- Nicotinamide – 100mcg
- Folic acid – 1500mcg
- Chromium – 250mcg
- Zinc sulfate – 61.8mg
- Selenium – 100mcg
- Cyanocobalamin – 15mcg
Cobadex is available in the strip of 15 tablets
If you are interested in exploring other multivitamin products that contain few of the same ingredients and easily available for an online, here is a useful link.
How does this medicine work?
The active ingredients of Cobadex CZS improve the patient condition by performing following functions:
Chromium assists in the metabolism of lipids, proteins, and carbohydrates. It is an important substance required to process insulin metabolism.
Selenium helps in maintaining optimum tissue growth. It is an effective anti-oxidant which protects the tissues from oxidation damage and aging and promotes skin health.
Niacinamide pyridoxine is a coenzyme which assists in reduction-oxidation (Redox) reactions in the tissues respiration system.
Cyanocobalamin is metabolically interrelated to Folic acid. Both of them are an extremely important requirement for the synthesis of nucleic acid and normal growth and maturation of RBC’s.
Zinc also plays an important role in the synthesis of the nucleic acids and nucleoproteins. Zinc also affects the growth of tissues, repair damaged tissues and helps in wound healing.
Cobadex CZS Tablet Contraindications
Cobadex CZS Tablet should not be taken if you have the following ailments:
- Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients
- Intolerance to the drug
- Allergic reactions
Cobadex CZS Uses and Benefits
These multi-vitamin tablets are used to prevent, control and treatment of following diseases and symptoms:
- Anemia due to folic acid deficiency
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Pernicious anemia, Hyperhomocysteinemia, Red blood cell production
- Scurvy, Skin and hair growth, Hair loss
- Poor absorption of food, Poor diet, Malnutrition
- Folate deficiency and Increased requirement of folate in the body during pregnancy
- High cholesterol, Diabetes, Hypocalcaemia
- Neurological disorders
- Heart problem
- Vitamin B12 deficiency, Vitamin b3 deficiency
- Eye disorders
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Muscle cramp
- High cholesterol
- Chronic GIT disorders
- Neurological disturbances and Mental problems
- Cell damage, Tissue repair, Wound healing
- As a supplement after Long-term tube feeding
- Brittle nails
- Healthy nervous system and bone marrow maintenance
Consult your physician if you notice any other medical conditions while using Cobadex CZS tablet.
Cobadex CZS tablet Dosage
The dosage of Cobadex CZS tablet varies with the patient’s age and the condition for which it is being administered. The typical dosage of Cobadex CZS tablet for an adult individual is One tablet per day. Please consult with a physician to know about the correct dosage for the speedy recovery of the patient.
Precautions while taking Cobadex CZS tablet
- Take Cobadex CZS tablet only if prescribed by the doctor
- Refrain from consuming alcohol for at least 3 days after the last dosage of this medicine
- Take the full course of treatment
- Do not take Cobadex CZS tablet if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine or any of their excipients
- Do not take Cobadex CZS tablet after the expiry date stated on the carton package
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any medicine
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are suffering from any disease
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
This drug is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary and the potential benefits outweigh the risks involved. Consult your physician before using Cobadex CZS tablet.
This tablet is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women unless absolutely necessary. Consult your physician before taking Cobadex CZS tablet.
Cobadex CZS tablet – Drug interactions
If you use other drugs or other over the counter products at the same time, the effects of the Cobadex CZS tablet may change. This may cause the drug not to work properly or increase your risk of side effects. Inform your health expert about all the medicines, over-the-counter products vitamins, proteins and herbal supplements you are using, so that your physician can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Cobadex CZS tablet may interact with the following medicines and products:
- Arsenic trioxide
- Anti-diabetic drugs
- Folic acid antagonists like methotrexate, trimethoprim
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Dr. Srishti Tayal is Chief Radiologist at Radiodent – Dental and Maxillofacial Imaging. She has completed BDS and MDS with Gold Medal from JSS Medical College, Mysore. She is a passionate medical researcher and has published five research papers in various medical journals and received an award for the best scientific paper.
In addition to following her pursuits in dentistry, she is also an avid medical writer who believes in bridging the information gap among the common population with regards to modern medicine.