What is Carvidon MR 35mg Tablet?
Carvidon MR 35mg tablet is the medicine that is used for the treatment of cardiac ischemia. This condition is called angina. Angina is caused due to narrowing of blood vessels of the heart. It gives the best result for the prevention of new heart attack of angina. This medication should not be used when there is an initiation of a heart attack. When you use this medicine with some lifestyle changes then this can give the best result. Along with this medicine, you should take a healthy diet, quit smoking, and perform regular exercise. Carvidon MR may also be used in the treatment of various ear disorders and is also prove to be useful in vision disturbances occurring due to problems in blood vessels. Read on to know about working, side effects, precautions, and contraindications of Carvidon MR.
Content and Composition of Carvidon MR 35mg Tablet
- Trimetazidine (35mg)
How Does Carvidon MR35mg Tablet Work?
Carvidon MR 35mg is an ant-anginal tablet. During ischemia, the tissues are supplied with less quantity of oxygen. This medicine inhibits the beta-oxidation of fatty acids; an energy production process requires a higher amount of oxygen and enhances glucose oxidation, which provides energy by using less oxygen.
Carvidon MR 35mg Tablet Uses
- Severe pain in the chest
- Inner ear problem
- Ringing in the ears
- Pounding in tears
- Inner ear ischemia
- Reduced vision and disturbance in the visual field due to problem in blood vessels.
Carvidon MR 35mg Tablet- Side-Effects
- Cardiovascular- Postural hypotension, arrhythmia.
- Metabolic- Diabetes mellitus, hyperuricemia, acidosis, hyperglycemia, hypokalemia, hyperkalemia.
- Renal- Acute renal failure elevated BUN, abnormal urinary sediment and intestinal nephritis.
- Musculoskeletal- Muscles crumps.
- Ophthalmic- Transient blurred vision and xanthopsia.
- Skin- Erythema multiforme, exfoliate dermatitis.
- Hematologic- Hemolytic anemia, Aplastic anemia.
- Central nervous system- Vertigo, paresthesia
Contraindications of Carvidon MR 35mg Tablet
Do not use Carvidon 35 mg tablet if you are suffering from the following conditions:
- Allergy: In this condition undesirable reactions produced in the body.
- Impaired renal function: In this condition, the human kidney is not able to perform its function properly. This is a progressive condition.
- Hyperkalemia: In this condition potassium level in the blood become higher as compared to normal.
Precautions While Using Carvidon MR 35mg Tablet
Do not use Carvidon without the prescription of a doctor. If you take any other medication along with Carvidon tablet, then the effect of this medicine may get altered. Before taking any medicine, herbal product and any multivitamins tell your doctor about them. Following precautions should be taken into consideration while taking Carvidon tablet:
- Alcohol: Avoid the consumption of alcohol with Carvidon tablets because this can harm your body. Consult with your doctor about the interaction of alcohol with Carvidon tablet.
- Pregnancy: No enough data is available about the interaction of this tablet during pregnancy. Ask your doctor if you are taking this medicine. Like other medications, take Carvidon during pregnancy only when prescribed by your doctor.
- Driving: After the use of this tablet you feel dizzy, weak, sleepy and tired. If you feel all these symptoms you should avoid driving for some time.
- Liver: When patients have any liver disease then use this tablet with caution. In this condition dose adjustment is needed.
- Kidney: If you are suffering from kidney disease then consult with your doctor before taking this. You may require an adjusted dose of this medication.
Carvidon MR 35 Mg Tablet Dosage
The usual dose of Carvidon MR Tablet is one to two tablets once daily. The exact dose should be decided by your doctor based on the severity of symptoms. Do not miss any dose of Carvidon MR 35mg tablet. If you have missed any dose by mistake then try to take that dose as soon as possible.
To make up the missed do not take double dose because the double dose can cause some unwanted side effects such as:
- Hyperactive deep tendon reflexes
If you feel any symptoms that are listed above due to overdose, immediately call your doctor and take an emergency treatment.
Carvidon MR 35mg Tablet- Drug Interactions
Taking Carvidon MR with other medications may result in reduced efficacy of this drug and the patient may experience certain side effects. Inform your doctor about the medicines you are taking so that the drug interactions are minimized or avoided. Some drugs are listed below which interact with the Carvidon MR 35mg tablet.
- Antihypertensive drugs (Enalapril, Ramipril, Benazepril, Perindopril, and Lisinopril)
- Diuretics (Metolazone, Chlorothiazide)
- Anti-arrhythmic drugs (Lidocaine, Quinidine, Amiodarone)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and Diclofenac)
- Diltiazem and Verapamil
- Muscles relaxant (Methocarbamol, Baclofen, and Metaxalone)
- MOA inhibitor (Selegiline)
Substitutes Brands Of Carvidon MR 35mg Tablet
- Trivedon MR Tablet
- Flavmox 35mg Tablet MR
- Trimezen 35mg Tablet
- Flavedon MR Tablet
- Invidon 35 XR Tablet
- Stridon 35mg Tablet
- Trimeford 35 MR Tablet
Mr. Rohit Jain is a Pharmaceutical techno-marketing trainer with more than 10 years of industrial experience. In his previous assignment, he was Senior Product Manager, heading the Product Management Team at an organization of repute. Mr. Jain is B. Pharma, MBA, PGDBM, LL.B. and is a Registered Patent Agent. He also has a Professional Diploma in Clinical Research and is also a certified Pharmacovigilance Professional. He was involved in delivering medico-marketing training to on-the-field marketing professionals as well as in-house business development professionals. Mr. Rohit Jain is a prolific medical content writer and had written more than 500 medical articles spreading over varied therapeutic areas. Mr. Jain has a keen interest in learning about the latest happenings of the pharmaceutical and medical industry.