Caladryl lotion India is a topical solution that mitigates skin hypersensitivities and inflammation. Its application creates a cooling impact subsequently backing out the burning and itching. Get to know how Caladryl lotion works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Caladryl lotion is not suggested.
The active ingredients in the lotion are Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride (0.1% w/v) and Calamine (8 % w/v).
Protective Sports Gear – Attractive Deals!
Manufacturers of the lotion
Piramal Healthcare Limited is the manufacturer and distributor of the Caladryl Lotion. The Caladryl lotion price for 120 ml bottle is 67.70 INR and 60 ml bottle is 44.80 INR.
Meladryl 1% W/V Lotion by Meridian Enterprises Pvt. Ltd. is the substitute for Caladryl lotion.
How to use Caladryl lotion?
Shake well before using the lotion. Completely wash the affected area with water and apply 3 to 4 times in a day, persistently for 2 weeks or as recommended by the doctor. It is advised to read the directions on the label precisely before applying.
How does it work?
Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Camphor Topical, and Calamine are active ingredients used to produce caladryl lotion for face. The caladryl lotion composition contains active ingredients which work by obstructing the activity of certain chemical agents that are in charge of itching, inflammation, blockage, and other hypersensitive responses. Caladryl Lotion works by delivering a skin relieving activity; wiping the toxins and drying the oozing on the skin; giving help from the pain and furthermore treats different issues.
It is a medicine that is applied for the treatment of Eczema, damage to skin, Warts, burning sensation, Itch, Itching and other conditions.
Key Benefits and Uses
The list of benefits and uses of Caladryl lotion is as follows:
- Skin damage
- Burning sensation
- Cold sores
- Contact dermatitis
- Pain in skin
- Fungal infections of the toenail
- Rashes because of insect bites
- Nettle rash
- Minor burns
- Pain connected with minor skin hypersensitivities
Side effects of Caladryl Lotion
Caladryl Lotion may cause some undesirable effects as well. Some of them are listed below:
- Facial swelling
- Trouble in gulping
- Allergic reaction
- Stomach pain and discomfort
- Shortness of breath
- Throat issues
These reactions are likely to happen. If any symptom occurs then you should look for medical consideration immediately.
Protective Sports Gear – Attractive Deals!
Hypersensitivity is an only contradiction related to caladryl lotion.
Interactions associated with Caladryl Lotion
The results of a few medications can change in case that you take herbal products and different medicines in the meantime. This can build your risk for genuine reactions or may cause your prescriptions not to work effectively.
Critical Precautions to be taken care of
- For external use only
- Keep far away from children
- Store the lotion at room temperature
- Wash your hands before and after applying the lotion
- Avoid covering the affected area with plastic or bandages or apply heat except suggested by your dermatologist
- Tell your specialist or drug specialist if you are having any medical history, particularly of: deep, open injuries, damaged skin, severe burns
- Avoid washing the treated part after promptly applying Caladryl Lotion for the face
- Additionally, try not to use different products in the treated region unless suggested by your specialist
- Avoid exceeding the suggested dosage
- Stop using this lotion and inform your doctor in case your situation worsens, and symptoms persist after 7 days of usage
- Caladryl lotion reviews state that high amount of usage can lead to pilling. Thus, apply a thinner layer or lesser amount of lotion
- Counsel your doctor before using if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding
- You must not use Caladryl Lotion in case you are allergic to it
- If you miss a dosage of your solution, use the solution at the earliest opportunity. But, in case that it is time for the following dosage, then you must avoid the missed dosage
- Abstain from getting this solution in your eyes or mouth or nose
How to store the drug under appropriate conditions?
Store in a cool and dry place and protect it from direct sunlight.
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Ms. Nikita Saraswat graduated as a gold medalist in B. Pharma from Uttar Pradesh Technical University in 2012. Subsequently, she has earned a Master in Pharmacology from Council of Scientific Research – Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow (CSIR-IITR). She currently serves as an Assistant Professor as well as pursuing a Ph.D. in Pharmacology. Nikita is also a passionate author who loves to keep herself updated with the latest advances in medicine and health. She regularly publishes her writings on medicine at HealthClues and has also published various research papers and healthcare books in reputed publications including the Bentham Science Journal, UGC and Clarivate Analytics indexed journals.
Leave a Review
How did you find the information presented in this article? Would you like us to add any other information? Help us improve by providing your rating and review comments. Thank you in advance!