Benfomet plus tablet is used in treating diabetic and alcoholic neuropathy, severe muscle tightness, loss of sensation, eye diseases, leg pain and nerve damage. Get to know how Benfomet plus works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Benfomet plus is not suggested.
Composition of Benfomet plus tablet
Benfomet plus composed of following active ingredients:
- Alpha Lipoic acid-100mg
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride-50mg
Benfomet plus tablet Mechanism of action
It improves patient condition by performing following actions:
- It helps to increase the production of red blood cells by the bone marrow.
- It acts a co-enzyme in the metabolism of protein carbohydrate, and fat.
- It increases the intracellular thiamine levels.
- It chelates iron by inducing oxidative stress response.
Uses and benefits of Benfomet plus tablet
Benfomet plus tablet used for the following list of treatment, control, prevention of the diseases, symptoms and conditions:
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Adjunct therapy in severe muscle tightness
- Loss of sensation
- Inadequate dietary intake
- Eye diseases
- Leg pain
- Nerve damage
- Low hemoglobin
- Decrease in muscle mass
- Pain in extremities
- Thiamine deficiency
- Weight loss
- Burning mouth syndrome
- Drug-induced deficiency
Side effects of Benfomet plus tablet
The side-effects that are caused by composed ingredients of Benfomet plus Tablet. The following side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of these side-effects are rare but life threatening. Please visit your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects.
The following are the side effects of Benfomet plus Tablet
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Allergic reactions
- Skin rashes
Benfomet plus tablet – Precautions and How to use
- Inform your doctor, before you take benfomet plus tablet, about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, present and past health status, pregnancy, upcoming surgeries.
- Some of the health condition can make susceptible to the side-effects of the drug.
- Take as exactly prescribed by your doctor. or follow the direction printed on the product insert.
- Dosage always depends upon your condition.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date stated on the tablet.
- Medicine should be stored away from the reach of children.
- Take full course of treatment.
- The medicine can be stored at room temperature and avoid direct exposure to heat and sunlight.
- Visit or consult immediately with the doctor while taking the drug if your condition persists or worsens.
Before prescribing important counseling points are as follows
- Do not take this medicine for the treatment of diabetes and for its complications
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Stomach ulcer with active bleeding
- Consume this tablet on empty stomach about an hour before or 2 hours after food intake
- History of liver disease
- Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- Bleeding or blood clotting disorder
- Do not consume this tablet on your own.
Missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. If it is near time for next dose, you can skip the previous dose and do not take double dose.
If you have taken Benfomet plus tablet extra dose visit or consult your doctor immediately. The symptom of overdose includes nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, shaking, chest pain, convulsions, and palpitations.
Benfomet plus tablet – contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Benfomet plus tablet is a contraindication. Benfomet plus tablet is contraindicated if you have the following symptoms or conditions:
- Allergic reactions
- Heart disease
- Low blood sugar levels
- Thyroid disorder
- History of stomach ulcer
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Asthma or any breathing disorder
Benfomet plus tablet -Drug interactions
The other medications or over the counter products if you take at same time, the action of Benfomet plus tablet may change. This might increase chances of side effects or can make your drug not to work properly. Inform your doctor about all your health history, so that it is easy for the doctor to manage or prevent drug interactions. The drugs which interact with Benfomet plus tablet are:
- Armour thyroid
- Loop diuretics
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.