Ascoril syrup is a cough syrup that belongs to a group of drugs called expectorant medicine that are used to treat health conditions like Cough, Congestion in Chest, Asthma, Breathing disorders, Cold, Sinusitis, Bronchitis. Get to know how Ascoril syrup works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Ascoril syrup is not advised.
Active ingredients of Ascoril Syrup
The key ingredients in this medicine are
- Ambroxol – 30mg/5ml
- Levosalbutamol / Levalbuterol – 1mg/5ml
- Guaifenesin – 50mg/5ml
This medicine is manufactured by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
How the Ascoril Syrup Works?
This medicine works to relieve from wet cough or cough with mucus or phlegm. Ambroxol – Which is one of the key ingredients shows it action by making the mucus or phlegm thinner and helps to expel the excess mucus through cough.
Levosalbutamol works as a bronchodilator. That means it helps to relax the muscles of airways and helps to widen the trachea.
Guaifenesin is also belongs to expectorant group of drugs which helps in thinning the phlegm and thereby help to expel it out while coughing.
The combination all these three ingredients help to remove the mucus from the trachea and make the breathing easy.
If you wish to have a look at some of the available products for cough relief which are readily available on online stores. Here is the link – Cough Syrups on Amazon.
Uses of Ascoril Syrup
Ascoril Cough Syrup is recommended to use to reduce and get relief from Cough along with mucus or which is also called wet cough which may be caused as a result of the conditions like Wet cough including mucus, Chest congestion due to mucus, Asthma, Breathing disorders, Cold, Sinusitis, and Bronchitis.
Side effects of Ascoril Syrup
When we use some drug for treating any health problem, there is a chance of getting some side effects. These side effects are rare and might not occur in everyone. If you suffer any kind of side effects or if your condition gets worse, it is strongly advised to consult your doctor for proper advice. Below mentioned are examples of some side effects.
- Upset Stomach
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Dry nose
- Dry throat
Precautions to be taken before using Ascoril Syrup
Before using the Ascoril Syrup, it is advised to consult your doctor. Let him know about any medication or any kind of health supplements like multivitamins or herbal supplements you are using. Inform him about your current health condition especially if you are suffering any health problems related to liver or kidneys or lungs related problems for long time. Here are some precautions to be taken while using this medicine.
- It is advised to consult your doctor before start using this medicine.
- Inform your doctor about any other OTC medicine or health supplements if you are using any, which would help your doctor to take necessary precautions to avoid any possible side effects.
- Stop using the medicine and consult your doctor immediately if you experience any severe side effects like breathing difficulty, allergic reaction like swelling in face, tongue or throat. Possibility of such side effects is very rare.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, it is advised to consult your doctor before you use this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering any health problems related to liver, kidney, or if take alcohol frequently.
- Don’t use without consulting your doctor if you are suffering any long term health problems like asthma, or any other lung related problems.
- While using this medicine, if you are undergoing any diagnostic tests like urine test, the results may get affected. So it is advised you inform the lab technician doing the test or doctor treating you that you are using this medicine.
Ascoril Syrup Contraindications
Let’s look into the conditions where this medicine is not advised to use. Below mentioned are few.
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding mother.
- If you have any breathing difficulty conditions.
- If you are hypersensitive to the ingredients of this medicine.
- Not advised to use if already using any other medicine for the same condition.
Ascoril Syrup Drug interactions
If any two or more drugs are used at the same time, there is a chance of getting side effects and also the medicine might not work as intended. Let your doctor know about any other medicine or supplements or any health products you are using to avoid any possible side effects. There is a chance, this medicine may interact with below mentioned drugs or products.
Substitutes for Ascoril Syrup
- Ambrodil LX Syrup – Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Levolin Plus Syrup – Cipla Ltd
- Asthalin AX Syrup – Cipla Ltd
- Viscodyne LS Plus Syrup – Wockhardt Ltd
- Solvin LS Syrup – Ipca Laboratories Ltd
- Asthakind LS Expectorant – Mankind Pharma Ltd
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Leave a Review
How did you find the information presented in this article? Would you like us to add any other information? Help us improve by providing your rating and review comments. Thank you in advance!