Anti-inflammatories like Aceclofenac are also called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), or sometimes just Anti-inflammatory painkillers. Aceclofenac is prescribed for people with painful arthritic conditions such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis. Get to know how Aceclofenac works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where Aceclofenac is not suggested.
Aceclofenac – Mechanism Of Action
It reduces pain and eases inflammation. Aceclofenac available in the tablet form and administered orally. This is a class of medications that are not Steroidal, but still reduce inflammation in the body, like Ibuprofen, Naproxen, or Aspirin. They were named this simply to identify them as anti-inflammatory drugs that did not fit in the steroid class. Steroids, like dexamethasone and prednisone, were the originally discovered medications that fought inflammation in the body, but have many dangerous side effects.
Aceclofenac works by blocking the effect of natural substances called Cyclooxygenase (COX) enzymes. These enzymes help to make other chemicals in the body, called prostaglandins.
It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause fever, pain, and inflammation.
Prescribed in following conditions
Used for the relief of pain and inflammation in osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis.
Used to treat symptoms like joint stiffness, painful joints of the knee, hip, neck, lower back associated with Osteoarthritis.Read more about Osteoporosis.
Used to treat symptoms like joint stiffness, pain, and swelling associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Used to treat symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis such as spinal stiffness and pain.
It is also used in:
- Dental pain
- Post-operative pain
Contraindicated in following conditions:
Avoid if you have allergy to Aceclofenac or other NSAIDs
Aceclofenac is not contraindicated if you are diagnosed with asthma or other respiratory complications.
If you are suffering from any bleeding disorder Aceclofenac is not recommended for you. It could cause severe swelling and bleeding in the intestines, stomach, and anus.
Warnings and precautions
- If you pass stool in black or blood consult your doctor
- Do not take if you are allergic to aceclofenac
- The Aceclofenac’s effect may last 8-12 hours
- It is not fully safe to take while pregnant and breastfeeding
- Keep these medicine stay out of children
- If you experience drowsiness, dizziness, you must not drive or use machinery
- If your doctor prescribes aceclofenac medicine, tell your doctor all the medicines you are using for heart, kidney, asthma and gastric problems
- Should not be given to the people who are suffering from porphyria (A group of disorders that affecting the nervous system, skin and other organs)
- Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water do not crush or chew the tablets
- The Aceclofenac tablet should be taken twice in a day, commonly in the morning and evening. It can be taken with food or after food. Drinking an adequate amount of water minimizes chances of indigestion and stomach irritations.S
Aceclofenac side effects
In addition to its intended effect, Aceclofenac may cause some unwanted effects too. If you experience any of the following side effects consult your doctor immediately.
- Skin Rash
- Abdominal Pain
- Nausea and vomiting
Taking more than prescribed may cause harmful side effects. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you find any side effects.
If you miss the dosage take as soon as possible, and if it is near to next dose, skip the missing dosage continue the regular dosage. Do not take extra doses.
Substitutes for Aceclofenac Tablet
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, action, and form as Aceclofenac Tablet, and hence can be used as its substitutes:
For more information, do get in touch with us through email at [email protected] or message us on WhatsApp at +91-9640378378, or submit your question below.
Have a question?
Leave a Review
How did you find the information presented in this article? Would you like us to add any other information? Help us improve by providing your rating and review comments. Thank you in advance!