Table Of Contents
- What Is A 4H2 Oval Pill?
- 4H2 White Pill Ingredients
- 4H2 White Pill Identification
- What Is The Pill 4H2 Used For?
- How does 4H2 Oval Pill work?
- Side effects of 4H2 Oval Pill
- Is there a risk of 4H2 pill abuse?
- 4H2 Pill Contraindications
- 4H2 Pill Dosage
- Doctor’s Advice For 4H2 Pill Tablet
- 4H2 Pill – Precautions
4H2 White Pill is an OTC medicine used to treat conditions like hay fever, seasonal allergies, allergic rhinitis, urticaria, and hives. Get to know how 4H2 Pill works, its side effects, precautions, and contraindications where 4H2 White Pill is not suggested.
What Is A 4H2 Oval Pill?
4H2 White Pill is an oval-shaped tablet which belongs to the Antihistamines group of drugs. Cetirizine hydrochloride is the key ingredient in 4H2 White Pill medication. 4H2 Pill is supplied by Perrigo Company in the United States. This medication is used in allergic conditions like allergic rhinitis and urticaria.
4H2 White Pill Ingredients
This medicine contains Cetirizine hydrochloride 10 mg as the key ingredient.
- Supplied by – This medicine is supplied by Perrigo Pharmaceutical company
- Prescription – Prescription required but also available as OTC Medicine
- Form – Tablet
- Type of drug – Antihistamines
Read More: What Is L484 White Pill?
4H2 White Pill Identification
According to the National Drug Codes List of Pill Identifier, the medicine looks like a White Pill with imprint 4H2 on it or Oval Pill with 4H2 on it.
Let’s Look Into More Details About 4H2 White Pill.
What Is The Pill 4H2 Used For?
4H2 Oval Pill can effectively treat the symptoms of Allergic Rhinitis characterized by sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, etc.
4H2 White Pill can effectively treat the symptoms of Urticaria which could be red and itchy rashes and raised bumps on the skin.
4H2 White Pill helps relieve seasonal and long-term allergy symptoms, such as:
- Rhinorrhea (runny nose)
- Postnasal discharge
- Ocular pruritus (itching in eyes)
- Nasal pruritus (itching in nose)
These allergic reactions may possibly happen once you touch or inhale any allergens like plant pollen, mold, or pet dander. Nose, sinuses, and throat which are part of the upper respiratory system are the usually affected respiratory organs by allergies. Cetirizine also helps relieve hives. They are itchy, raised rashes on the skin. Hives often occur with food or medication allergies.
Read More: Uses of Solvin Cold
How Does 4H2 Oval Pill Work?
4H2 Pill works by blocking the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for allergic reactions, congestion, itching, and other inflammation.
Side Effects Of 4H2 Oval Pill
Mentioned below are the side effects that may occur. Some of these side effects may be rare, but serious. Following is a list of possible side effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of 4H2 Pill. This is not a comprehensive list. Consult your doctor if you notice any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Running Nose and Cough
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Blurred vision
- Dry Mouth
- Difficulty in urinating
Is There A Risk Of 4H2 Pill Abuse?
The key ingredient in the 4H2 White Pill is Cetirizine Hydrochloride, which is an antihistamine medication and sold as over the counter medication and is known to be safe and had no instances of drug abuse or 4H2 pill abuse.
Read More: How Does PLIVA 433 Work?
4H2 Pill Contraindications
4H2 Pill is not advised to use in the following conditions:
4H2 White Pill may cause allergic symptoms in a patient who has allergic symptoms to Cetirizine. It is not recommended in such patients.
This medicine is not recommended for patients suffering from renal problems. Consult your doctor for proper advice. It should not be used in children below 12 years with kidney disorders.
4H2 Pill Dosage
The dosage depends on multiple conditions. Follow the instructions as directed by your doctor or read the label carefully for proper instructions. Your doctor may suggest the dosage based on a few conditions mentioned below.
- The condition being treated
- Other medical issues you have
- Other medicines you are taking
The recommended dose range of cetirizine for the treatment of hay fever, hives, or allergies is 5 to 10 mg (milligram). The maximum recommended dose for cetirizine is 10 mg (milligram) daily.
Read More: 2172 Pill Dosage
Doctor’s Advice For 4H2 Pill Tablet
- Cetirizine is a very safe and well-tolerated medicine for short-term use
- Consuming a high dose of Cetirizine can cause serious liver damage
- If you are suffering from any illness related to the liver, inform your doctor before the prescription. Your dose may need to be adjusted
- While using Cetirizine, Avoid excess intake of alcohol, together they can affect your liver
- If you have taken an overdose of Cetirizine and if you are not feeling comfortable, Immediately inform your doctor or contact a hospital emergency
4H2 Pill – Precautions
Before using 4H2 Pill, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products such as vitamins, herbal supplements, allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions like pregnancy, upcoming surgery.
Use this medicine as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition and symptoms.
Excess intake of the medication than prescribed may cause harmful side effects. Consult your doctor if overdose happens. Follow the dosage as per the prescription. Excess usage of Cetirizine can cause confusion, dizziness, diarrhea, headache, fatigue, malaise, restlessness, pruritus, sedation, somnolence, stupor, tremor, increased heartbeats and urinary retention.
Read More: All About 377 White Pill
If you miss the dosage, take it as soon as possible. If it is near to the next dose, skip the missed dosage and continue the regular dosage. Never take extra doses.
- Avoid Taking 4H2 Pill with alcohol, it can increase the risk of stomach bleeding
- 4H2 Pill may be unsafe to use during pregnancy consult your doctor before taking this drug
- 4H2 Pill is safe to use during lactation but it’s important to consult your doctor
- 4H2 Pill should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor before consuming this medication
- 4H2 Pill should be used with caution in patients with renal disease. Dose adjustment may be needed in such patients.
- Please consult your doctor before using this medication
If for some reason an experienced doctor is not available around you, then you can contact us here.
Dr. Srishti Tayal is Chief Radiologist at Radiodent – Dental and Maxillofacial Imaging. She has completed BDS and MDS with Gold Medal from JSS Medical College, Mysore. She is a passionate medical researcher and has published five research papers in various medical journals and received an award for the best scientific paper.
In addition to following her pursuits in dentistry, she is also an avid medical writer who believes in bridging the information gap among the common population with regards to modern medicine.